WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering all logs regarding this case (with the exception of finding the car) were not furnished to any posted sheriff's reports, I would think they would delete the report regarding the phone too. Unless it wasn't the correct phone. Dates regarding this case are missing all throughout the sheriff's reports.

Check it out. Here is a link & take note at the dates that are missing:

http://www.mansontribune.com/content/view/1467/2/

Including the day the lowes guy was arrested for stealing tools on 2/22/10.

Article: http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/23/tools-leave-store-via-garbage-chute/

Someone unfriended WC on her FB page.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Edited to add: I don't know who. The number just went down by one. It could also just as easily have been WC unfriending someone too.

I saw this too. The only thing that kept me from mentioning it was her phone was stated in WW as a different phone than that.

Is the below phone a Unicell (may be a dumb question, but I'm not familar with brands of cell phones).

snipped-

Investigators also are releasing the type of phone she used — a maroon-colored LG EnV2.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/...aunch-day-she-disappeared-investigato/?online

Just saw a 3/1 article in the Columbia Basin Herald that quotes LE as saying they still have not found her phone---it was not in her car or on her person when her body was found.

A couple of things about houses on the market and listed with a real estate agent:

Someone got it partially right in Thread #4 (sunshine33?) when they said a person would have to use an individualized agent code to enter the lockboxes on the listed homes, but the person would also have to use a physical card in tandem with the code. Each unique card is linked to a unique code, so one agent couldn't use their card with someone else's code, etc.

So there would be a log of agents (or persons close enough to an agent to be in physical possession of their card AND know their code) who accessed lockboxes on listed homes.

Also, depending on the CB home location (Douglas vs. Grant Co.) and the location of the listing agent, it may be on a different multiple. If the agent's office is in Grant Co., they use Northwest MLS, and it's on a different system than the REALTOR-owned MLS used by Chelan/Douglas Cos. A Chelan/Douglas Co. agent couldn't use their card to access a NWMLS box (an agent COULD pay for membership to both multiples, but access would still be tied to their identity, so the same scenarios below would apply).

That said, for entry to these homes, either:

A. They were opened by agents, and there is a log;

B. They were opened by someone VERY close to an agent, close enough to know their code and have possession of their card; or

C. A person who may have accessed the homes earlier (touring, open house, doing work, whatever) may have jimmied a window or something, planning for future access.

Most agents are careful to check/lock up homes, so I see C as the most unlikely scenario.

Thoughts?

A little info for time-line. From WW article:
...last activity on her cell phone was made in the area of the Wenatchee Riverfront Park boat launch near the foot of Orondo Street.

Doug Jones, spokesman for the task force investigating Cowell’s death, said the last activities on the cell phone were two text messages. They were between Cowell and her boyfriend at about 3:40 p.m. and each was, "Hey." The texts were made when the phone was at the boat launch."

3:40 pm with it being described as the "last activity". Could that be the last user-initiated activity? With the phone continuing to ping until it was turned off/destroyed. Those continuing pings giving the police another possible crime scene location? By the way, do we know who initiated that text, MC or bf? If it was bf, how can we know if it was MC replying back and not suspect? Unless police have some evidence to suggest she was still alive and fine - maybe a video or something?

Ok next time-line event from this WW article:
"...investigators asked the public to notify them if they saw someone walking down Pitcher Canyon, Squilchuck Road or the south end of Methow Street between 5 and 8 p.m. Feb. 9. Those might have been the hours that someone abandoned Cowell’s car up Pitcher Canyon."
Between 5 and 8 pm. That leaves 1 hour and 20 minutes as the earliest amount of time from text back to bf at boat launch and when police believe her car could have been abandoned. Is this because they have more evidence of MC down in town, (or her car), for at least another hour after the 3:40 text message to bf? I ask because Pitcher Canyon is only about a 20 minute drive from boat launch area so why couldn't the car have been abandoned at 4 pm? I thought it was said home owners thought car was only there about an hour from when they reported it at 8ish. They don't seem to care what the home owners think so police gave a time frame of 5 pm through 8 pm, but not 4 pm because police have other evidence MC was still someplace else at that time???

I think i started thinking out loud. Sorry.

Edited to add: Someone commenting at WW seems to think last cell phone ping, described as an "on/off blip" was at 5:40 pm but with no activity for the prior 2 hours. If correct, 2 hours of pings are gonna sink somebody(s)!!! Maybe the bf interjecting himself into MC's conversation with our car-wash suspect with his text message to MC is what set our killer off? No further activity for 2 hours, when the phone was finally turned off for the last time by the suspect?

Thoughts?

What about garage door codes? Isn't a keypad common?

Although, I don't think going into Crescent Bar house is part of most folks scenarios anymore. Other homes haven't been identified publicly, although there is discussion of a couple of spec homes with someone living in the one.

I don't think access is the issue with the real estate in this case, just knowledge of the grounds.

About time line: It has been mentioned she drove through a car wash that day.

About entry into listed house: We sold a house less than a year ago. There was a lock box on the front door, which held the front door key in it. The lock box key was kept by our realtor. She would lend lock box key to other realtors showing the house.

A couple of things about houses on the market and listed with a real estate agent:

Someone got it partially right in Thread #4 (sunshine33?) when they said a person would have to use an individualized agent code to enter the lockboxes on the listed homes, but the person would also have to use a physical card in tandem with the code. Each unique card is linked to a unique code, so one agent couldn't use their card with someone else's code, etc.

So there would be a log of agents (or persons close enough to an agent to be in physical possession of their card AND know their code) who accessed lockboxes on listed homes.

Also, depending on the CB home location (Douglas vs. Grant Co.) and the location of the listing agent, it may be on a different multiple. If the agent's office is in Grant Co., they use Northwest MLS, and it's on a different system than the REALTOR-owned MLS used by Chelan/Douglas Cos. A Chelan/Douglas Co. agent couldn't use their card to access a NWMLS box (an agent COULD pay for membership to both multiples, but access would still be tied to their identity, so the same scenarios below would apply).

B. They were opened by someone VERY close to an agent, close enough to know their code and have possession of their card; or

C. A person who may have accessed the homes earlier (touring, open house, doing work, whatever) may have jimmied a window or something, planning for future access.

Most agents are careful to check/lock up homes, so I see C as the most unlikely scenario.

Thoughts?

Anyone with a key could enter the homes .. no logs, no fuss, no mess.

About time line: It has been mentioned she drove through a car wash that day.

Yup, I heard the rumors. This time-line gives credible to those rumors, eye-witness sightings, or video of MC, (or her car really), someplace else all the way up to 4:40 pm (if this other evidence is from Downtown/South Wenatchee area). Allowing for another 20 minutes to make it up Pitcher Canyon, adds up to 5 pm, which is the earliest police believe the car could have been abandon up Pitcher Canyon.

This makes my only one (1) suspect theory no longer the simplest explanation. So are we talking two suspects or an entire "gang" of them? I liked my simple. Time to re-think this.

Burns Brothers Barring any un-foreseen events dan aka"major woody" and myself, "bone" of the burns bros. band will be doing an acoustic version of "wish you were here", by pink floyd @ Mackenzie's fund raiser saturday night a cafe mela.. were tryin for around 7 pm

Got this off facebook. any locals not busy tomorrow evening come down.

Remember someone posting that he was seen washing tires at the carwash recently. Is it possible that he was up in the area where Pitcher Canyon road turns into a snowy muddy road in the National Forest area?

Someone posted that they had seen a man washing 4 big, muddy tires at a car wash at about 10:30 PM...........poster did not know who it was.

Someone posted that they had seen a man washing 4 big, muddy tires at a car wash at about 10:30 PM...........poster did not know who it was.

There are also a couple people who had stated that info regarding the tires. There is also quite strong speculation that HE got new tires put on his BRAND NEW truck right after Mac was missing...

Thoughts?

They might be careful to lock the door they unlocked when entering the home, but I doubt they check all the windows, etc. I don't want to lump them all together or generalize, but how often do you see a vacant home that is on the market with lights blazing???? I see them all the time! They try to get there before a showing and turn all the lights on, but don't always turn them all off. That's kindof the main thing they are thinking about when leaving after showing a place. Doors and lights. It would be very easy to unlock a window just enough to gain access later and it would not be noticeable unless you physically made sure it was closed all the way and locked. Also, some places are just easier to break into and my guess is that a manufactured home might be easier than a custom built home. IMHO of course.

They might be careful to lock the door they unlocked when entering the home, but I doubt they check all the windows, etc. I don't want to lump them all together or generalize, but how often do you see a vacant home that is on the market with lights blazing???? I see them all the time! They try to get there before a showing and turn all the lights on, but don't always turn them all off. That's kindof the main thing they are thinking about when leaving after showing a place. Doors and lights. It would be very easy to unlock a window just enough to gain access later and it would not be noticeable unless you physically made sure it was closed all the way and locked. Also, some places are just easier to break into and my guess is that a manufactured home might be easier than a custom built home. IMHO of course.

Do you think LE has gone back and questioned people who recently viewed the home in CB? I saw a comment on WW someone posted who said they were supposed to view the home in CB the day they found MC's body and she said they were questioned.

What exactly is a "spec" home???

What exactly is a "spec" home???

A spec home is a house built by a developer or agent without a confirmed buyer. It's a house built before it's sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingWithoutAnswers