WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think LE has gone back and questioned people who recently viewed the home in CB? I saw a comment on WW someone posted who said they were supposed to view the home in CB the day they found MC's body and she said they were questioned.

What exactly is a "spec" home???

A home built on "speculation" that it will be purchased, as opposed to a custom home built specifically for an owner.

Any locals have a spare moment? Anybody have any friends or people that they know who work at Sangster Motors in Wenatchee? The purchase of the new vehicle for JF was confirmed, but we need to know WHEN it was bought. Can anybody find that out? Thanks to a fellow intelligent websleuther who brought this to my attention;)
Also, is title or registration public knowledge?

I looked/researched and found nothing.

Grey, we think it hasn't been recorded yet. My thinking is that it would probably be registered to either his business or her business. I also want to know what happened to the old vehicle! If WC or JF are involved, I would have thought they would have gone to Idaho for a new vehicle, though, and taken the old one to possibly get rid of it through the auto auction network there, but it's possible they didn't trade in the old one. A truck, I'm assuming. The thing is, you usually don't just walk onto the lot these days and buy a truck. You decided what amenities you want and they track one down or order it and ship it in. So, my guess is, it was something that was already in the works before MC went missing. Otherwise.......big, red flag to LE! I'm not putting a lot of stock in the new truck thing. Except that I can't imagine a smart, independent business woman buying a married man a brand new truck! Role modeling for a 17 year old daughter? Respect issue between a teen and parent?

There are also a couple people who had stated that info regarding the tires.

Yeah, but did it all come from the same source? I mean, I've mentioned the tires, but that's just because I read it here. There could just be one person who started the rumor, and now it looks like a "strong" rumor because we are all repeating it. :waitasec:

There is also quite strong speculation that HE got new tires put on his BRAND NEW truck right after Mac was missing...

The brand new truck thing is a rumor (see pg. 17) that the original poster of the rumor seems to be having a hard time confirming now.

Grey, we think it hasn't been recorded yet. My thinking is that it would probably be registered to either his business or her business. I also want to know what happened to the old vehicle! If WC or JF are involved, I would have thought they would have gone to Idaho for a new vehicle, though, and taken the old one to possibly get rid of it through the auto auction network there, but it's possible they didn't trade in the old one.

Sorry I missed this, but why would they go to Idaho? Assuming they head down towards I-90 and head for Coeur d'Alene, that's a three hour trip. They wouldn't save anything on sales tax because they'd have to register the car in Washington, and pay tax at that time. (Oregon has no sales tax, and WA state has caught on and now forces you to basically pay sales tax when you register the vehicle here.)

That's IF they got a new truck, and I'm not convinced of that.

Sorry I missed this, but why would they go to Idaho? Assuming they head down towards I-90 and head for Coeur d'Alene, that's a three hour trip. They wouldn't save anything on sales tax because they'd have to register the car in Washington, and pay tax at that time. (Oregon has no sales tax, and WA state has caught on and now forces you to basically pay sales tax when you register the vehicle here.)

The new truck purchase has been confirmed.

If you do a business query for the name of the drywall (and painting) business that was posted yesterday evening, the results do not indicate that the owner is now, or ever was, "JF".

https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/dolprod/bpdLicenseQuery/

Further search results indicated that the person named in the query results (linked above) was listed as the sole proprietor of said business, when it was active & licensed. That particular drywall company's license hasn't been active since sometime in 2007.

Also, if you do a google search of the name of that drywall company, there are only two links that come up and one of those is WS. The other one is to another forum thread about Mackenzie, that has the same info posted.

Just trying to keep it factual. If anyone finds something that shows differently, please don't hesitate to post.

h20skiier, any more car wash info?? That was HUGE news, and I think pointed us in an entire new direction. Great find!

Yeah, but did it all come from the same source? I mean, I've mentioned the tires, but that's just because I read it here. There could just be one person who started the rumor, and now it looks like a "strong" rumor because we are all repeating it. :waitasec:

The brand new truck thing is a rumor (see pg. 17) that the original poster of the rumor seems to be having a hard time confirming now.

I believe the original poster on the new truck for JF was someone close to the family who also mentioned that WC is driving a big, new SUV. The tire washing thing came from one of the regular posters and it was firsthand. She/He did not know who the guy was, but saw a guy washing 4 big, muddy tires at a car wash at 10:30 at night and it seemed suspicious to her/him. Poster described 2 vehicles that were there that might have belonged to this guy and the poster who is close to the family said nobody owned such vehicles. so the tire washing is just something that's floating out there and not connected to anything, as far as any of us knows, and no confirmation on the new truck thing. Nothing as far as a registration or new title transfer, but possibly hasn't been recorded yet, if it is true.

There is a big auto dealer in Idaho that a lot of folks from around here go to.
If you can save 3 or 4 thousand $ it's worth the drive.

At least they use to. I think the auto dealers here have gotten a bit more competitive with him in recent years. I have only heard this from other's that have done this.

I have two sources. One is someone unrelated to this thread, and the second is a message sent privately to me. I don't want to reveal incase they don't want me to say. I would not post anything I don't trust it legit. There is too much of that going on and it leads us all in the wrong direction.

I have two sources. One is someone unrelated to this thread, and the second is a message sent privately to me. I don't want to reveal incase they don't want me to say. I would not post anything I don't trust it legit. There is too much of that going on and it leads us all in the wrong direction.

Thanks, but here's my question: are they primary sources (in other words, do they know first-hand, seen him with the truck, etc.) or did they hear it from someone else?

I'm asking because of what happened in thread #4.

branching out in a different direction for a second... Not being local, I keep coming back to the fact that there is no known murder scene. I am drawn to the 911 call that came in the same night she went missing close to midnight. I know it was out of town,but perhaps that is where the murder occurred, and the body was then transported later to the scene of discovery. Maybe the murderer got rid of her cell phone earlier and she made a quick last ditch effort to call 911 and all that was heard was the crying and then click. It was at a convenience store. I don't know if this would be a possibility, but given the complication of all the involved areas, maybe they had ties to an area out there where the call came in? We are all assuming the body was placed there the same day, but maybe it was brought to town days later? Just a thought. That call bothers me...
Locals, how far from town to where that call came from Leavenworth?

h20skiier, any more car wash info?? That was HUGE news, and I think pointed us in an entire new direction. Great find!

Yes, it was the Superwash next to Dusty's Burger not the one on the corner of 5th. Also the attendant told LE the time was between 3:30 and 4:30.

If MC left the car wash, turning rt so she did not have to cross traffic, she could then have turned right on Hawley (Sav Mart corner) which could take her to Walla Walla Ave and by Lowes, eventually to Riverside Dr and the Orondo boat launch. Locals use this route quite often.

:cow:Just wanted to throw out a couple of things...

I know we have a lot of new members on this thread, so I wanted to share some things I've learned on WS over the past 2+ years that I've been a member. I admittedly lurk more than I post.... but that's given me a chance to observe a lot! :)

I've found it really helpful when posters are very clear to label their own opinion- even when it comes to them on good authority. People use a lot of ways to do that from, saying "this is just my opinion", to IMO/IMHO (in my humble opinion), to MOO (my own opinion), or using the:cow: on the smilies list.

When we question each other on something that's posted- whether it's not sourced, or it seems to conflict with something else said previously- I've appreciated that people will reply with "I'm confused about" or "can you clarify?, or "can you source that for me?" Writing in short posts like we do, it's so easy to misinterpret or sound harsh even if we don't mean to.

I think it's ok to post some things that are rumor, but it's good to check the TOS, or ask a Mod (you can PM them) to make sure.

I think it's great to see so many local people here on WS working on Mac's case!

And, all of this is just MOO, of course! Thanks!

:cow:

Yes, it was the Superwash next to Dusty's Burger not the one on the corner of 5th. Also the attendant told LE the time was between 3:30 and 4:30.

If MC left the car wash, turning rt so she did not have to cross traffic, she could then have turned right on Hawley (Sav Mart corner) which could take her to Walla Walla Ave and by Lowes, eventually to Riverside Dr and the Orondo boat launch. Locals use this route quite often.

Awesome. And could your "person" confirm if they have video AT the car wash, or did LE have video from another place? Was your "person" shown a picture to try to identify the passenger? Thanks! Big help...

I am drawn to the 911 call that came in the same night she went missing close to midnight. I know it was out of town,but perhaps that is where the murder occurred, and the body was then transported later to the scene of discovery. Maybe the murderer got rid of her cell phone earlier and she made a quick last ditch effort to call 911 and all that was heard was the crying and then click. It was at a convenience store. I don't know if this would be a possibility, but given the complication of all the involved areas, maybe they had ties to an area out there where the call came in? We are all assuming the body was placed there the same day, but maybe it was brought to town days later? Just a thought. That call bothers me...
Locals, how far from town to where that call came from Leavenworth?

It was Dan's, right? If so, that's in Leavenworth proper.

Leavenworth to Wenatchee is about half an hour, depending on road conditions.

(I don't live in Wenatchee but on the other side of the hills close to US2, go camping there all the time.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member