WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read any real evidence, IMHO. Lots of speculation.

Link to the story that says the mother and BF were repeatedly questioned?

With all due respect, I don't believe that Melissa W said anything about 'evidence' in her post, or that mother and BF were repeatedly questioned. :waitasec: Not saying they have or hadn't because I have no clue. I certainly don't speak for her or anyone else, but what we do here IS speculate and opine for the most part and I also took offense to the poster that said the ONLY reason people were looking at those 2 was because of thus and such because I don't appreciate someone ASSUMING that they know what I believe or why I feel the way I do OR presuming to be any smarter than anyone else on this forum.

I realize that many here are local, but the truth is that as far as I know we have been given very few facts , so I guess I'm just trying to say that while many may believe that know what happened, I have to imagine that only Mackenzie's murderer knows for sure and hopefully so will LE very soon if they don't already.

ok it may just be me but does anyone else find it alilttle suspicious that the day after they held a huge candle light vigil MC turns up dead in CB. Kind of like someone thought that would be the perfect time to move her body out of town to CB. Just my opinion.

Although it does sound like someone noticed something different at the CB location on Sat. morning, I'm still feeling body was placed there Tuesday. Maybe he/she/them/it came back Sat. early morning in an attempt to destroy or further destroy evidence but then couldn't go through with it. Eventual plan might have included coming back by boat after things quieted down and taking evidence out to be dumped downriver and further out of the way.

Edited: Maybe the murderer is a Dexter fan?

That doesn't mean they didn't have reason to be suspicious. We can't forget that they have known much more than us from very early on. Why wouldn't it be possible that someone else in the family or close friends didn't tell LE that they should specifically look in that direction? Maybe there was ample reason for them to look in that direction. We don't know, we only know that they were.

And now the phone records are being pulled.

keep in mind... billable phone records are available quickly. unbillable records such as registrations (pings), text messages and calls within plan are not logged in the same database since they have no monetary value. unbillble calls are pulled from switch records and take alot more time to filter out. Switch records can also provide site info,face side, forward and reverse channel and power level which all give general location to a fairly specific location.

That doesn't mean they didn't have reason to be suspicious. We can't forget that they have known much more than us from very early on. Why wouldn't it be possible that someone else in the family or close friend's didn't tell LE that they should specifically look in that direction?

And now the phone records are being pulled.

So, my response:
- this was very early on (three days after the disappearance), when at the time many thought she was still alive. Of course friends and especially family would be the best people to talk to, regardless of whether the police think they are involved or not. Having the FBI talk to the people that MC lived with at the time of the disappearance is not surprising, they'd likely know her the best.
- I don't see it saying that the FBI had interviewed the mom/BF multiple times. You made it sound like they were being grilled since the disappearance. I mean, maybe that is the case, but the article doesn't say that.
- Everyone's phone records are being pulled:
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/mar/02/cowell-investigators-await-more-cell-records/
Tower information is being sought for Cowell’s phone and phones owned by “people who called her and knew her,” said Doug Jones, spokesman for the task force investigating her death.
... and of course they are going to ask for phone records for the place where she lived. They got a nice lead by getting her cell phone records.

Knowing who she has called is a no-brainer for an investigation. In fact, if the police didn't, they'd probably get reamed during trial ("didn't you look at the phone records to see if she was being stalked?")

Maybe I'm skeptical :snooty:

I am so curious why people think WC and JF have money? Does no one understand the total slump in the housing market? She has a house payment, several thousand dollar loan payment on the spec. house, (the bank payment estimate for a purchaser is over $3000.00 a month) AND paying for two kids in college. They haven't even been connected to this crime, so why are we posting that they need attorneys?

May I ask how on earth do we know whether WC and JF are rolling in dough or are as poor as church mice? TIA!

Well, it is absolutely reasonable that the FBI (or who ever was leading the investigation would divvy it up, multiple agencies) would be focused on the family first. They need to "profile" the victim. Where she's been, who she talks to, friends, enemies, arguments, etc...

I believe it is fair to say, this has apparently become more complicated.

I agree with that, but why that specific statement? It's very odd! Why not say "Both parents and their significant others are also being interviewed by the FBI" instead of "Mackenzie's mother and the mother's boyfriend are also being interviewed by the FBI."?

Wouldn't both parents have valuable information? Didn't Mac live mostly at her Dad's home, or at least 1/2 time? Why wouldn't that statement include him, as he probably knew more about her daily whereabouts than Mom did?

It hasn't been- this and the spec house being a crime scene are purely rumor and has not been reported anywhere. The only thing close is the recent statement that a third scene of interest may be identified.

Thanks, girlfawkes.

This case is confusing enough :waitasec: please don't confuse the newbie with rumors presented as fact. Thank you :)

I agree with that, but why that specific statement? It's very odd! Why not say "Both parents and their significant others are also being interviewed by the FBI" instead of "Mackenzie's mother and the mother's boyfriend are also being interviewed by the FBI."?

Wouldn't both parents have valuable information? Didn't Mac live mostly at her Dad's home, or at least 1/2 time? Why wouldn't that statement include him, as he probably knew more about her daily whereabouts than Mom did?

Maybe the father was and the article didn't mention it? I'd be kinda surprised if the FBI didn't bother talking to the dad when she was still "missing." In fact, if I was the father, I'd be kind of upset if they DIDN'T come to interview me to see if I could help.

Interesting. I wonder if both homes utilized the same local builder?

IMO no. The CB home is actually a mobile home if you look at the records. Also, the initial owner was a builder from the Wenatchee area.

So, my response:
- this was very early on (three days after the disappearance), when at the time many thought she was still alive. Of course friends and especially family would be the best people to talk to, regardless of whether the police think they are involved or not. Having the FBI talk to the people that MC lived with at the time of the disappearance is not surprising, they'd likely know her the best.
- I don't see it saying that the FBI had interviewed the mom/BF multiple times. You made it sound like they were being grilled since the disappearance. I mean, maybe that is the case, but the article doesn't say that.
- Everyone's phone records are being pulled:
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/mar/02/cowell-investigators-await-more-cell-records/

... and of course they are going to ask for phone records for the place where she lived. They got a nice lead by getting her cell phone records.

Knowing who she has called is a no-brainer for an investigation. In fact, if the police didn't, they'd probably get reamed during trial ("didn't you look at the phone records to see if she was being stalked?")

Maybe I'm skeptical :snooty:

"Tower information is being sought for Cowell’s phone and phones owned by “people who called her and knew her,” said Doug Jones, spokesman for the task force investigating her death."

Tower information. They aren't subpoenaing landlines IIRC, this is CELL phone activity. I can see them wanting to look at other phones she may have used, like home phones, but why other people's cell phone records? They already know who she called and who called her on her phone, why look for other evidence? My prediction? They are looking for calls made between 2 or more POI's around the time of her disappearance.

That is not true. We are intelligent people on here and wouldn't have focused the last couple of days on these people if that were. There are many other factors that lead people to believe this: failed lie detector tests, relationship problems, LE investigating the houses etc. Do we have this much on anyone else? We are on this to try to solve the crime, not attack others for their point of views.

Where is the evidence of failed lie detector tests?

Is it possible that the murder took place at Pitcher Canyon? My thought is that MC was scooped up and put into someone else's car at the boat launch, taken to Sunnyslope spec home and/or driven to Pitcher Canyon in that someone else's car, a 2nd driver drove her car up to Pitcher Canyon at the same time as the first car, got her phone and cards out of her purse, got into the other vehicle, went down to a Pitcher Canyon house that is for sale and empty of people, did the unthinkable, then in later days took her body to CB where the crime did not happen because there was not lots of blood inside or outside?

"Tower information is being sought for Cowell’s phone and phones owned by “people who called her and knew her,” said Doug Jones, spokesman for the task force investigating her death."

Tower information. They aren't subpoenaing landlines IIRC, this is CELL phone activity. I can see them wanting to look at other phones she may have used, like home phones, but why other people's cell phone records? They already know who she called and who called her on her phone, why look for other evidence? My prediction? They are looking for calls made between 2 or more POI's around the time of her disappearance.

nice catch girlfawkes... I think you nailed that one

May I ask how on earth do we know whether WC and JF are rolling in dough or are as poor as church mice? TIA!

We don't, and personally it's been my experience that a majority of people their age live right up to the very narrow line of their means. I know people who make 6 figure incomes and are so far in debt their eyes are falling out. They spend it all and more as fast as it rolls in.

I absolutely agree.

But it doesn't say anything about them focusing on the parents cell phone.

I guess what I am (unsuccessfully!) trying to say is that there has been incorrect information (failing a lie detector test), information that we're not sure about (how good the financial situation of the family is)... and even though we're discarding that information consciously, unconsciously we're still thinking about it, and perhaps it is making us more suspicious of mom/BF than we should be.

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned on here is that MC also at one point went to Cashmere High School. Does anyone know why?

I absolutely agree.

But it doesn't say anything about them focusing on the parents cell phone.

I guess what I am (unsuccessfully!) trying to say is that there has been incorrect information (failing a lie detector test), information that we're not sure about (how good the financial situation of the family is)... and even though we're discarding that information consciously, unconsciously we're still thinking about it, and perhaps it is making us more suspicious of mom/BF than we should be.

That is very true, a lot of what is being speculated is based on conjecture and rumor. We just don't have much more than that, with LE being so tight lipped.

Something that I fervently wish is that the media would tape and upload all of the pressers. I would like to hear LE's statements firsthand and see the spokesman's face as he makes them.

just curious---are my posts going through to you guys? I am new to this posting stuff...I mean is there a delay in posting your comment when you are a newbie? I have only gotten one reply---not whining----just checking to see if I am getting through???

That is very true, a lot of what is being speculated is based on conjecture and rumor. We just don't have much more than that, with LE being so tight lipped.

Something that I fervently wish is that the media would tape and upload all of the pressers. I would like to hear LE's statements firsthand and see the spokesman's face as he makes them.

Yeah, it's silly. These days, you can just stick it on YouTube. That way we'd know what LE actually said, not filtered.

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned on here is that MC also at one point went to Cashmere High School. Does anyone know why?

She was definitely enrolled in the Cashmere school district at some point but I couldn't tell you the exact years? There were some Cashmere students that were interviewed about there friendship but I do not think there were any suspects, just friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0