WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if the perp. took MC to a location (possibly CB or spec. house?) and held her hostage there for a time. That gets her car out of the scene a.s.a.p., and leaves time for the perp. to come back and carry out the crimes against her. I don't like to think of her enduring this type of scenario, but I do believe it was a crime of some kind of passion...anger, etc. There seems to be rage in these acts, and I think whoever did this was trying to pay back MC for some reason.

I have the same theory. I just don't see how there is enough time in the night between when she left the Academy and when her car was found. And, if the car wash sighting is true, that just further extends the amount of time someone would need. And, add the boat dock into the whole mix. I hate to say it too, but I think she might have been kept somewhere while her car was being stashed.

I'm with you Puf- I think LE knows...

My guess is that LE has released stuff that would and should let the perp(s) know they are "on to" he/she/them. It would be far easier for the perp(s) to confess- it would save LE time and money and likely spare the criminals a 1st degree murder charge.

I have thought since it's release, the film LE released to WW of Mac walking to her car was important in that it tells the perp (s) that LE has seen a lot of what occured, either in placement of car or Mac. Knowledge of the wherabouts at Boat Ramp likely places Mac with the murderer, and the cell activity and ping places the phone in places the perp may have beem spotted.

I think LE has tried to "smoke" the perp (s) out. With the DNA result release nearing, LE has divulged fewer details. I think they have given up on thsi tactic and now merely will up the loose ends and nail them to the wall. I hope....

You and I are right there together on everything you posted.

LE was advised by FBI and fed marshals through most of this. The main thing that makes me agree with you is that if there truly were a dangerous murderer looking for arbitrary victims in Wenatchee, police would have given the public a lot more info to prevent any other girls going missing.

I think the task force knows who the perp is. Just waiting on DNA (Hurry up, State Crime Lab!)

Does anyone know if a dive team searched near the riverfront park dock area?

We don't know if that was the last location. Suspect would have had to go back to that location, (assuming that is where he was picked up by MC 2 hours earlier), just to toss the phone in the water. Personally I wouldn't have wanted to return to the scene for fear of being identified later. It could be tossed off of any boat launch or bridge. My thought would be he turned it off and took battery out as soon as he had it in his fingers. Later destroying it completely, then maybe tossing pieces into river.

Little does he know, (or maybe he is finding out now), the phone can be tracked fairly well by the information the towers save at every single ping. All the way up until turned off at 5:40 pm. That means 2 hours of tracking the locations of the phone (and possible MC), that the murderer really does NOT want the police to know.

This murderer is going down.

Are there any trails up Squilchuck that this person could have taken out, that would explain my no one saw anyone....they were on a trail just off the main road

Not really. Pitcher canyon does have a drainage thick with brush and small trees that runs almost all the way down, but I would think it would take a person hours to work their way down it. Squilchuck would be impossible, the side of the canyon is steep with many rock outcroppings, and the creek lined with private property and residences. If this person went cross country it would have to be over the back side of Pitcher and down into the old Hanna mining property or over another ridge to Saddlerock. This would be easy and relatively fast.

I have the same theory. I just don't see how there is enough time in the night between when she left the Academy and when her car was found. And, if the car wash sighting is true, that just future extends the amount of time someone would need. And, add the boat dock into the whole mix. I hate to say it too, but I think she might have been kept somewhere while her car was being stashed.

I think there was enough time, barely.

However, if we add in the dismemberment and disfigurement rumors, I think it means the perp went back and did this at a later time. But that said, those are rumors.

(Oh, I took my friend's car for a test drive and it broke down, ect...) they would have rolled over by now.

I agree. But what could they roll over with? That he got a ride from them from somewhere up Pitcher Canyon. Proof of moving the car doesn't make proof of committing the murder. Circumstantial evidence, yes, but police already have lots of that from the very likely videos they have of him in the car with her.

Again Welcome. And thank you for the above info. If the phone was tossed in would it turn off in time for the tower to read that last ping or would it have sunk too far for the tower to receive the message. There was a cell phone expert on here the other day. Where are you?

Speculation: It could explain why police won't tell us last location. They put a dive team on it and it has been recovered. Asking the public for help finding it could have been to throw off the suspect(s).

That, or they have a POI and want him/her to dump the phone while they are watching...

Wow on the brothers find and the lady found dead of intoxication. If you look at this link and the comments it says that the family was saying it was being investigated as a homicide.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/jan/20/autopsy-shows-no-trauma-in-womans-death/

It looks like they are her brothers. One name on the brother matches perfectly. The other looks like he goes by his middle name. I will link the obit and the list of inmates in the jail.
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/jan/19/lisa-k-melcher-dechenne/
http://www.co.chelan.wa.us/crj/data/ccrjpop.txt
I have goosebumps on this. I have been skeptical of the link with those guys and why they keep getting brought up. This is looking like a cover-up to me. The cases seem slightly similar in that the bodies were left out kind of in the open for people to find. Do LE not want us to think we have 2 murders on our hands in the valley and therefore calling it a drug overdose...or was she given drugs to make it look as such.? I am thinking outloud here, but this blows me away.

My thoughts... Murderer had Mac at the crime scene (which has yet to be discovered) Killing occurs. Murderer calls for help to move her vehicle. Calls jailed bros. One drives Macs car to PC. Other brother follows to PC. Gets a call from murderer on way saying to check for her cell phone so car can't be located quickly. Reaches into her purse and finds cell phone and shuts it off. Gets in car with brother and heads back to town. Meanwhile murderer has left Mac at crime scene. He leaves briefly to go to spec house and get a tool. Goes back and does whatever he does to Mac. :( prepares her body for transport to CB. Cleans scene up and tool. Returns tool to spec house and enters via garage. Leaves a partial bloody footprint on floor which is later found when LE enters home.
Takes her body in the dark and places it where it is located.
Vehicle is located and dusted for prints. LE notices seat is too far back for Mac to have been driving, so they assume someone drove her car there. Prints are a match in the data base for a jailed convict brother. One brother is brought in on print discovery. Won't talk. Second brother is brought in because he missed his court date the prior week. Brothers are not cooperating. Both are being held on no bail. Murderer should have bruises cuts scrapes markings or something on him. Even if it was a clean kill, the after work would have been messy. Delivering the body in the dark and hauling up and down hills, in sticky bushes etc. perp should be injured to some extent.
It is only a matter of time.

I have goosebumps on this. I have been skeptical of the link with those guys and why they keep getting brought up. This is looking like a cover-up to me. The cases seem slightly similar in that the bodies were left out kind of in the open for people to find. Do LE not want us to think we have 2 murders on our hands in the valley and therefore calling it a drug overdose...or was she given drugs to make it look as such.? I am thinking outloud here, but this blows me away.

Holy cow is all I can say. Wow. Yes, I have goosebumps as well. That is just too extremely coincidental. Wow---again.

I agree. But what could they roll over with? That he got a ride from them from somewhere up Pitcher Canyon. Proof of moving the car doesn't make proof of committing the murder. Circumstantial evidence, yes, but police already have lots of that from the very likely videos they have of him in the car with her.

Proof of moving the car does not indicate you were involved in the murder; however, if the murder found out you were picked up or known by LE, they would most likely turn themselves in and indicate that you were the one who committed the murder. It is an old story. The real criminal turns states evidence and help convict their helper. It would serve them right; they should not have gotten involved with such a poor excuse of the human being.

Concerning the woman found dead in South Wenatchee. I know some of her immediate family. I know her addiction was very serious and she had been using hardcore narcotics for quite awhile. She was not a casual user by any means, nor was she new to the lifestyle. In the last year or so she was involved in a major shoplifting scam at local stores, such as but not limited to Penney's, RiteAid and Shopko in order to get money for her addiction. I am related to one of the many clerks who ID'd her. So the conclusion of an overdose does seem plausible. My information ends with her, my knowledge of her brothers is limited. I'm not implying the brothers were involved in the shoplifting or she had accomplishes.

I looked at the brother's court records and both have had a dna fee. I feel good about that. If they were involved it sounds like they have their dna on file. This just all seems so sad. I feel badly for their mother. Losing a daughter that way, and then both boys in jail. This is JMO.

snipped It looks like they are her brothers. One name on the brother matches perfectly. The other looks like he goes by his middle name. I will link the obit and the list of inmates in the jail..[/QUOTE said:
Do we know for sure that CR & DR are brothers? I have personal knowledge of CR but not his family.

We can't say for certain that they haven't gotten any tips. They wouldn't tell us. If there aren't any tips, I think yes- it hints toward someone getting a ride, or walking further up the canyon and out the back side. But I think they have good reason to believe the perp walked out of there.

They could have walked out the back side- over Stiss Canyon Road and then down Number Two Canyon road into town. But, I think it's unlikely...That would have been one long walk and a difficult one through the hills in the dark.

Also, I am very familiar with Number Two canyon road- to walk down from Stiss one would be seen. And if LE thought this was a possibility, they would have been up there and questioning folks. They have not done so. I know this for fact. This tells me LE knows the perp did not take the back way out.

I think the perp got a ride somewhere along the route from the car and town.

I am privy to a lot of gossip and rumors, amongst kids, adults, community memebers, school employees, etc. While I have heard enough of the of the speculation put forth here thru public rumor that would have to be leaked by LE or someone close, and I thus belive some of it (condition of body, places searched, comments family members have made regarding investigation) I have heard nothing of sightings of anyone leaving the scene of the car. I would think if someone walked back to town, they would have been seen and the rumor leaked.

I think the perp got a ride.

I think this was premeditated.

The timeline is too tight to have allowed chance. I think it's someone close- not WC or RC, but I think they both know who it is. I think those police cars by WCs are protection and possibly there to see if the perp returns or does something stupid.

I do not think it's gang or drug related. Drug rumors aside, I dont see that being the factor. If it were gang or drug related, LE would be more open with what they have and want community more involved with what they know.

Something else happened. I not sure how and why- but it occured between the time around 3 when she left the Beauty Academy and the 5:42 ping of the phone. I think the cameras at the Beauty school ot clearly have shots showing the car heading down Mission to Orondo. I think the cameras at the police station and YMCA back lot picked up her car going to Orondo street. I think the rumors about the car wash attendant sighting are intriguing and likely true. I'd bet the cameras at the Shell station show this and likely show the passenger in the Pontiac. I also bet the cameras at Les Schwab show the car heading north up Wenatchee, with a time. They may also show the car soming back down later, after something likely happened, as suggested by the rumored search of the spec house.

I think the perp(s) took her to the spec house- they may have held her or otherwise. I think the car headed back to town with someone else driving it. Or was parked in town, MC tranferred to another vehicle and taken away with someone else dumping the car. Whatever the case, she was seperated from the car and killed at some point.

While I think the entire thing was premeditated, I don't think it was well planned. The car wash was likely an attempt to wash prints, etc off the car. The "soak" in that wash is powerful- it would have cleaned prints. The perp was likely someone who knew she'd want to wash her car and tallked her into stopping there. If this is the case, they knew all along what they were going to do.

I dont think the dump site was well planned either, unless they wanted the car found. There are a number of places not on a route to someone's residence where the car could have been dumped. The perp eother wanted it found or didnt think it thru.

Same with the routes taken with the car to the boat launch and such. There were too many possibilities to be seen.

I think whoever did this is a bit arrogant and thinks they are above the law. Again,I think LE has tried to show them they are on to them, but to no avail...

I looked at the brother's court records and both have had a dna fee. I feel good about that. If they were involved it sounds like they have their dna on file. This just all seems so sad. I feel badly for their mother. Losing a daughter that way, and then both boys in jail. This is JMO.

WHere did you find this info? Link?

Just a thought about whomever abandoned the car: perhaps he did not have to walk out if he lived within walking distance?

I imagine that LE did door-to-door interviews with people up and down PCR, if in fact anyone does live along there.

At the time of the news story, of the vacant lot death, a friend, of a friend, of a friend....told me: the deceased lady, in the vacant lot, was murdered by a gang member, and also, she had a relative who is a gang member..

The above is a rumor?

There was no evidence of a crime inside MC's car? it was clean? Then, I am guessing Killer didn't drive the car to PC Rd. Killer didn't have much time to clean up after he/she did "it". Someone else drove the car to PC, unless Killer drove car there, before the death of MC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member