WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the body, at the scene: If the body had been placed in the river, could it have been washed up as far as it was when it was found. Or, maybe the water level was higher, and the body had been covered until the water level receded?
Maybe the river water washed away evidence? Or, maybe the body was placed close to the water, so Killer could splash body with water, to wash away evidence?

The above is not a rumor. It is not a fact. It's just guessing; speculation-wondering.

Could be semen, but it could also be skin scrapings from under her nails (if she scratched/fought off killer) or blood evidence that wasn't hers (from injuries the killer may have sustained during/after the act) or hairs found on her clothing that weren't hers, or...

Could be all of the above! speculation

I'm not sure I'm on board with the theory of the possible involvement of the two "R" brothers, but there appears to have been a warrant from Pierce County to Chelan County on 2/11/10:

http://www.mansontribune.com/content/view/1438/2/

I know that one of the brothers (who may go by a middle name?) was RUMORED to be from Puyallup, if the obit on the woman found in the lot (suspected OD) is actually related to the brothers.

Again, speculation, rumor, unsubstantiated, etc.

Does anyone know the date that the CR brother was taken into custody?

Thanks, Melissa. That's right on the edge of the actual river, the actual shore.

And from the looks of it, a truck with decent tires could back right down to that shoreline--and be hidden well. I've taken my truck down inclines steeper than that, and it's not 4WD.

A truck probably could back right down but they would run over all of that brush which didn't seem to be run over. I think its a greater possibility that the person stopped at the driveway, where the tread marks were and then drug the body or wheelbarrowed it down to the shore. I think that is the significance of the bright spray paint going from the driveway, around the pond and back into the brush.

As far as I know, there was an owner of that property and they had the double wide on it. If you look at the pictures of the inside, they aren't that nice but it is a manufactored home so I doubt it would be remodeled.

The owner did not rent it out as far as I know and they put it up for sale before it went into foreclosure so I can't see this being a possibility.

However;; one or more of the owner's did have a construction company. Could have been friends of the family, thus..........much time spent there?

I think I read that the B construction company that donated so much $ to the reward fund is NOT the same as B construction company that owned the CB house at one time.

I have seen two different quotes on the txt msg thing. One quote was just "Hey". The other quote was: "Hey, wassup?" Could be that one txted "Hey" and the other responded with, "Hey, wassup?" It's a little confusing, but I have seen both quotes.

A reason for these short texts could be this. IMO: Someone mentioned that Mackenzie may have broken up with this guy recently. She texts him with "hey, what's up" and he texts back with "hey" and nothing else because she's hurt him and he doesn't want to communicate a lot with her, he probably doesn't want to seem hung up on her or anything. She didn't respond again because the person she was meeting showed up.

Just thought I would add some info:
We were driving by the CB scene just as LE showed up on the scene. There were a few people standing by the side of the road so we stopped to ask them what was going on. They said it looked like she had gone through the dam based on the condition of her body. Included in the group of people were the people that found the body.

I wonder exactly what the condition was? Wouldn't you think the body wouldn't even be in one piece anymore if it went through the dam?

I've previously posted that I'd sleuthed this business out and from what I gathered, JF does not, did not, and may never have been connected with this particular business. The licensing information showed another individual as being the 'sole proprietor' of that business, that is no longer licensed (as of 2007).

https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/dolprod/bpdLicenseQuery/
and
http://dor.wa.gov/content/doingbusiness/registermybusiness/brd/

I redacted the business name to protect the innocent.

BTW, if you google that drywall business name - it appears to be a rather common name for drywall businesses. :cool:

:butthead:

(I don't mean you......I mean them!)

I wonder exactly what the condition was? Wouldn't you think the body wouldn't even be in one piece anymore if it went through the dam?

I would just like to make this statement before continuing, I do not believe that MC went through the dam. There are nets, buoys, and ropes that would prevent a body from going through.

With that said. If MC got past all of the traps, designed to catch debris, it is possible that a body could go through the dam with minimal damage. Some dams have top overflows; Rockisland Dam has an older flood gate system that actually resembles a gate. They are always dumping some water and the gate resembles a canal lock than an overflow.

Again I would like to state I do not think MC went into the water, I think that her body was placed at CB.

A truck probably could back right down but they would run over all of that brush which didn't seem to be run over. I think its a greater possibility that the person stopped at the driveway, where the tread marks were and then drug the body or wheelbarrowed it down to the shore. I think that is the significance of the bright spray paint going from the driveway, around the pond and back into the brush.

I did read that there were tire tracks going down towards the river but they stopped approx 75 to 100 yards from the river. It was in WW, but it might have been in the article that disappeared! I will go look.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/17/crescent-bar-man-sees-tracks-near-crime-scene/?online

Gosh, they move FAST! Is she... the second from the right, in the end pose?

I saw the team perform at the National Adoption Day event last fall. Even so, it's tough to recognize the girls when they're moving...

BBM - I thought so, too!

[

What if MC's calls were designed to be a 'distraction' .. to occupy a specifc employee on the phone while the 'thief' did his deed?

According to the way I was told these thefts took place no distraction would be needed. It was as simple as setting/hiding things places throughout the store and..... Sorry. With all the new readers I don't want my source to read and think I am ratting them out. I'm just trying to clear things up in any way I can, or at least provide some reasons why this is so unlikely.

Sorry I keep shooting holes in this theory lol. You can smack me! :slap:

I would just like to make this statement before continuing, I do not believe that MC went through the dam. There are nets, buoys, and ropes that would prevent a body from going through.

With that said. If MC got past all of the traps, designed to catch debris, it is possible that a body could go through the dam with minimal damage. Some dams have top overflows; Rockisland Dam has an older flood gate system that actually resembles a gate. They are always dumping some water and the gate resembles a canal lock than an overflow.

Again I would like to state I do not think MC went into the water, I think that her body was placed at CB.

I agree in that I think her body was placed at CB. Coupled with the river current and the way her body was placed to be hidden, going through the dam couldn't be a possibility. However, I was just wondering what exactly could have happened to her body that would make people initially say they thought it went through the dam? Why wouldn't they automatically assume she was just stabbed multiple times?

At a Wenatchee Business function, a member reported to be a renter next to the CB house where body was found. She knows WC and felt compelled to go look upon hearing the body was in fact MC. This local business woman was there, saw the body, was with the police while waiting for the Grant County Police Dept. to arrive. She stated there was a bag over MC's head so she was unable to see damages. Only one arm was cut and there was no blood. She speculated that whomever did this possibly tried to push her out into the water but it was caught on something and did not allow it to float away. I don't know if her speculation was from info. she received from the police there or her opinion. This being said, I agree and do not feel that her body went through the dam.

the second from the right, in the end pose?

Yes, that is what I thought too.... seeing her in live shots, even when I viewed the video at the academy... kinda gives me the willies. This is all SO sad.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shannyp