WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not doubt that LE has searched this house but I just can't see someone choosing to go there to do anything related to this murder, whether it be to retrieve a tool or anything. It is soooo wide open its crazy. No curtains, huge windows. I know that when I drove down the street I saw 2 people outside in their yards or driveways. This was around 4:30 in the afternoon.

Unless who ever was there
1. Parked in garage. When contractors sub out work they give out keys to building or "hide" one so that subs can get in to do work. Keys can get "lost", copied, etc. Who ever had a key (if indeed they did) could have been someone that helped build the house two years ago and just never returned key. Basically anyone could have access the the spec home.

2. Was known to neighbors (grounds keeper, listing agent, etc.)

Yes, I agree. There seemed to be a lot of windows that didn't have window coverings so it seemed so open and not very private.

I think the garage was mentioned in reference to the spec house. I'm searching posts for reference, but falling behind!

Unless who ever was there
1. Parked in garage. When contractors sub out work they give out keys to building or "hide" one so that subs can get in to do work. Keys can get "lost", copied, etc. Who ever had a key (if indeed they did) could have been someone that helped build the house two years ago and just never returned key. Basically anyone could have access the the spec home.

2. Was known to neighbors (grounds keeper, listing agent, etc.)

Yes but they still have to get INTO the garage without being seen. If I was familiar with that house/neighborhood I wouldn't risk it personally. The risk of being seen is sooo huge! Have you been by this house? I was surprised at how wide open it really was.

I know several of you have seen pics of the spec house in the Sunnyslope area. I finally drove by it the other day and I have to say that it seems like it isn't a very likely place to go without fear of being seen by someone. It is right on a corner lot, the neighborhood is really nice and I can't imagine someone not noticing a random car parked in the driveway. Anyone else agree???

Could she have been brought there from the water? Her cell phone pinged from a boat ramp and then her body ends up on a rivers edge. I know Del Rio said the water is too shallow for a boat to come into the shore but don't most boats have rafts? I don't know the area so I'm just asking if that can be ruled out.

A few I took back on 3/3.

As I mentioned before, there are black tire marks on the driveway, which I thought was odd and for SOME reason stuck out to me.

Attachments

• Spec Home1.jpg
    Spec Home1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Spec Home 2.jpg
    Spec Home 2.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 0303 spec home3.jpg
    0303 spec home3.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 74
Could she have been brought there from the water? Her cell phone pinged from a boat ramp and then her body ends up on a rivers edge. I know Del Rio said the water is too shallow for a boat to come into the shore but don't most boats have rafts? I don't know the area so I'm just asking if that can be ruled out.

not sure how the boat would jump the damn...

That is a possibility but I think if they were going to go to all of the trouble of putting her into a boat, they would have dumped her body into the river because the chance of it ever being found then would have been slim to none, especially since no one would have known to look in that area.

I am curious Del Rio hunted his blind several times. He even mentioned his own shell casings that were left behind, that LE also failed to collect.

Del Rio, in the several times you hunted did you ever see any other empty casings not of the type of shell that you used? If you did that would indicate to me that someone else knew of the blind.

As an open question why would LE not pick up casings that Del Rio Left behind?

Yes but they still have to get INTO the garage without being seen. If I was familiar with that house/neighborhood I wouldn't risk it personally. The risk of being seen is sooo huge! Have you been by this house? I was surprised at how wide open it really was.

We are in agrement. That is why we are confused about why the spec was searched not once but three times. There must have been something, but what? Why was WC with LE last time? What made LE even think about that place? Was it becaue a neighbor suspected something? Did someone called in a tip? Why wait until the body was found before searching it? We just don't know.
:banghead:

I think you might be thinking about the CB house, where her body was found. The post you are responding to is a different house (Spec house) that was also searched, not the house where her body was found.
I thought that might clear up your questions. :)

The area Del Rio spoke of is very shallow this time of year, but a rope could be attached to the body (possibly to the afore mentioned bouy that is apparently still there) and subsequently dragged out to the main channel. IMO

My guess would be that LE would know from viewing MC at the site that there was not a gun involved?

I am curious Del Rio hunted his blind several times. He even mentioned his own shell casings that were left behind, that LE also failed to collect.

Del Rio, in the several times you hunted did you ever see any other empty casings not of the type of shell that you used? If you did that would indicate to me that someone else knew of the blind.

I was wondering this too, and my theory was that maybe they didn't pick them up because they could tell she hadn't been shot.
So maybe that is why they didn't collect them?

just my guess but 1. they may have been obviously to old and 2. MC might not have shown any gun trauma? just my best guess.

The area Del Rio spoke of is very shallow this time of year, but a rope could be attached to the body (possibly to the afore mentioned bouy that is apparently still there) and subsequently dragged out to the main channel. IMO

The river level goes up and down all year long depending upon the power needs, in fact it can go up and down several times a day. A flat bottom boat could come right to shore.

We are in agrement. That is why we are confused about why the spec was searched not once but three times. There must have been something, but what? Why was WC with LE last time? What made LE even think about that place? Was it becaue a neighbor suspected something? Did someone called in a tip? Why wait until the body was found before searching it? We just don't know.
:banghead:

There has to be a reason... definitely! Hopefully when this case has some closure we will all understand what some of these pieces are.

LOL. Didn't know that. :angel:
ETA: I thought Del Rio said there were boats in that river?

Yes, he did say this...but the Rock Island Dam separates the boat launch where the last ping from her cell phone came from and Crescent Bar, where her body was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip