WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shotgun shells a few months old are going to be fairly obvious.

I can tell the difference at the range between "fresh" brass and what has been there for a few weeks or longer.

Surprised that any brass actually sticks around for weeks.

Not always. Many, many cases of sexual assault have no physical findings and are tried based on the victims testimony not dna evidence. Also we dont know if her body was submerged in water or wet which would wash off any potential dna.

I heard a rumor I will repeat when someone else repeats it first. It could indicate body was submerged or washed or very wet.

Well, since LE did not discuss the car wash passenger with the public, I think he is either a suspect, or a friend or acquaintance, of a suspect.

I think he joined up with MC at the dock. They went riding around and ended up somewhere.....car wash first then??????

Edited to continue...however the middle of the story is missing....here's part of the end...it is all SPECULATION!!:

Killer beat up MC, and accidentally killed her. Killer was shocked at his own behavior. He got in a desperate state of mind and was scared. He drove aimlessly, until he got to CB. Killer decided to further hurt the body to make it look like a gang related crime.

Quote from Miss Maple: <I promise you, she is NOT fearful. JF is the father of her children...do you think they would still be visiting him and/or having contact with him if she were?>

Yes, that is exactly what I think! He may not be a danger to his own kids, but a soon-to-be-ex might have plenty to fear. I assume from your comment that JF is still in town (someone else here asked earlier if anyone knew where he is). Do you have first-hand knowledge of that?

This is all still MOO and I don't have any reason to believe he was involved. Pure speculation on my part.

Yes, he is still in town...and no, it's not first hand, meaning I haven't seen him still there with my own eyes. But I am related to his soon-to-be ex-wife and I would imagine she'd probalby tell me if he all of a sudden skipped town.

I heard a rumor I will repeat when someone else repeats it first. It could indicate body was submerged or washed or very wet.

The people that found the body did tell MelissaW that there was no blood on the body and didn't appear to be any blood evidence on the ground.

Well, since LE did not discuss the car wash passenger with the public, I think he is either a suspect, or a friend or acquaintance, of a suspect.

I think he joined up with MC at the dock. They went riding around and ended up somewhere.....car wash first then??????

That's my belief. I also read a RUMOR that there was wrapper(s) or container(s) from Wendy's on the floor in the car, but I don't remember where I read it. So, probably more video, if it is true.

RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR

Anyone else hear that or read that?

if there was actually any suspect at all wouldn't you think LE would released a video so someone could identify the killer? i am beginning to think they have nothing.
how can it not be possible that her best friend didn't know what she was doing that day? so much for wenatchee being a safe place....

do you really think the killer would stick around wenatchee? either the killer is stupid or just completely nuts. or it could be someone who had enough time to plan it not to really care if the person fealt bad or not. the way these teens act nowadays it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't jealousy.

That's my belief. I also read a RUMOR that there was wrapper(s) or container(s) from Wendy's on the floor in the car, but I don't remember where I read it. So, probably more video, if it is true.

RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR

Anyone else hear that or read that?

Maybe that's what the Killer vomited? Wendy's hamburgers? Yes...RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR!!! could be true, but at this moment it is a RUMOR.

I have a question about Makesmewonder, again. Is Makesmewonder a volunteer group of people who help investigate crimes? Do the police call on them for help? And, the poster by the name of Makesmewonder...are you speaking for that Makesmewonde group?

thanks for the answers.

LOL! Makesmewonder is the posters username. Makesmewonder dicusses and receives info about this case with his/her personal friends and refers to them as the "makesmewonder team". Kinda like all of us here online are a Websleuths team. Hopefully that makes sense and hopefully Makesmewonder won't mind me answering this question!

Surprised that any brass actually sticks around for weeks.

Anything reloadable is gone pretty quickly. Even brass can be sold by weight. Shooters are strong believers in recycling :)

Unless you can hunt ducks with bows and arrows. If not, then I believe you're right. I can't think of why any person would be on that property, especially where the duck blind is, between November and February but to hunt or fish--unless somebody was viewing (or showing) the property. There wouldn't be any yard work to be done that time of year. Or, am I missing something?

What if the location, CB, was only slightly know by the supects, (ie. noticed for sale or vacant while in CB on other business)? Then, more recently, scouted by boat to see if there was access between the driveway and river? Maybe while out for a "fishing trip" (that really had nothing to do with fishing, but just putting together the final preparation on a planned murder)?

Since the trail was only recently made - someone must have arrived more recently to put the finishing touches on this plan.

Also, since this is a new trail, my assumption that this must have been someone with a past connection to this property no longer holds up. Unless there has always been at least some sort of trail down to waters edge? Del Rio???

No one would want to be searching for a trail in the dark with a body, especially if they didn't even know if a trail existed!

Anything reloadable is gone pretty quickly. Even brass can be sold by weight. Shooters are strong believers in recycling :)

I know. :)

What if the location, CB, was only slightly know by the supects, (ie. noticed for sale or vacant while in CB on other business)? Then, more recently, scouted by boat to see if there was access between the driveway and river? Maybe while out for a "fishing trip" (that really had nothing to do with fishing, but just putting together the final preparation on a planned murder)?

Since the trail was only recently made - someone must have arrived more recently to put the finishing touches on this plan.

Also, since this is a new trail, my assumption that this must have been someone with a past connection to this property no longer holds up. Unless there has always been at least some sort of trail down to waters edge? Del Rio???

No one would want to be searching for a trail in the dark with a body, especially if they didn't even know if a trail existed!

Seems like a lot of work to scope out a place to put the body. And not in a terribly good location either, especially when you've got public land, with hunting season over.

On the other hand, they may have just seen it one day, and filed that knowledge away.

any chance the white marker in the water was a sign for the retrieval of her body so the killer, or accomplice would find the spot from a boat?

It was a buoy (like the type you tie your boat up to). It was not a marker. The buoy was tied to one of the lines from the CB property beach. And the buoy is about 40 yards up river from the stream.

Finding that exact property from a boat while in the DARK! I mean who would want to move a body off the beach during the day??? And a vacant/foreclosed house probably doesn't have lights on to help you navigate at night?

Yes, I have to ask, why the HELL is this buoy still in the water and not bagged as evidence? It could have a direct tie, (matched set?), to the killers boat or other equipment? What am I missing here?

Not always. Many, many cases of sexual assault have no physical findings and are tried based on the victims testimony not dna evidence. Also we dont know if her body was submerged in water or wet which would wash off any potential dna.

That is something that keeps bothering me... how do the investigators determine between "sexual assault" and a normal "sexual relationship". The investigators said MC was not raped... what about if she involved in some sort of consensual activity before her death? Is there a way to distinguish those two?

Maybe she wasn't raped, but was participating in an act consensually... which would explain the reason for going to the spec home or CB location (privacy). Just a thought.

Seems like a lot of work to scope out a place to put the body. And not in a terribly good location either, especially when you've got public land, with hunting season over.

On the other hand, they may have just seen it one day, and filed that knowledge away.

IMO, it was a perfect location for what they had planned - moving the body down river and sinking it. Likely in the days immediately after placing the body - less than a week. Starting from the boat launch on the other side of the river they wouldn't even use a boat launch located in the same county. "Just going on a little fishing trip honey. Probably make it back after dark."

Police know exactly who he is because they have disrupted his plan, (and I don't mean by recovering the body - I think they were onto him before then and for other reasons). But, disrupting his plan and getting a conviction are miles away if our murderer was careful with the evidence. That is another reason I think police should be picking up the shotgun shells and for darn sure that buoy! They think they are dealing with some gang-banger wannabe. He wore gloves everywhere! He likely used a location that MC herself had access to, (and who knows how many others)! He destroyed all of his clothes and shoes! If police are gonna pin this on him, it will be something small, very small, which I pray to God they have not overlooked!

All just my opinion - of course.

Hi All Again,

Regarding the time period on pufnstuf's timeline between 2/9 3:01 PM (Hair Academy Parking Lot Video) and 2/9 3:40 PM (two "Hey" text messages on MC's cell phone)... I have looked at the parking lot video on the youtube version with screen expanded, and if you closely watch the last seconds of the video in the top right, it really looks like her car crosses South Mission Street, heading west WSW on Kittitas St. Isn't this away from the boat dock or Golds Gym? Am I wrong? Are her favorite coffee shops and stands in that direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc