WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help thinking about what was said about the spec house. I really want to know what would make someone "VERY UPSET."

girlfawkes...the Grant County Coroner comment jumps out at me. How long ago was this case, and were there any connections to Crescent Bar? I know this is slightly off topic, but something posted in an earlier thread rings a bell.

A couple years ago or less IIRC? I'll go back and dig up a couple of the news articles so I can be refreshed and you can see them.

IIRC, it was a dispute about overtime and hours. The co-worker initiated a conversation with the coroner en route to some destination, and had the video function enabled. He blew up, threatening her, using course language, ect... the whole thing got so heated on his part that she became frightened and told him to let her exit the vehicle though they were in the middle of nowhere. He refused again and again. Don't remember how it ended up, I'll have to look at the articles. It was an ugly situation, amazing that an educated professional would behave that way.

Text messages can be saved on Verizon's server for months. Anyone who lied to LE thinking that the text messages disappear when the phone disappears is sadly mistaken.

Maybe he/they don't know that...heck, I sure didn't!! I am VERY cell phone challenged...to say the least!!:doh:

I've spent the last bit just trying to get caught up!

A couple of things:

1. I personally don't read too much into the physical distance between RC and WC at the event. I know in times of grief or trauma, I am in the vicinity of - but not at the side of - my ex. That is no longer my place; it's the place of his new wife. We are "there" for each other, but not literally crying on one another's shoulders. Of course, we've never been through anything of this caliber, but still... We've attended funerals of family members. We've been through scary medical issues. We've had loss, we've been worried, we've grieved. We have, ultimately, worked through those things with our respective new partners at our respective sides, but stuck just close enough by to let the other know we "get" what they're going through and we're "there" if the other needs us.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't condemn them for not literally crying on the other's shoulder, KWIM?

On the other hand, my current husband's ex-wife refuses to be in the same building with him, if at all possible. I can say, with some degree of certainty, if it were one of our/her kids (we have primary residential custody), she wouldn't even be at the public service, but would grieve privately with her family in her own space and own time. Even at happy events, like graduations and other ceremonies, she slips in the door after the event starts, sits as far away from our family as possible, and leaves before we can make it to the door to thank her for coming. She REALLY doesn't like us.

Back to WC and RC: None of us know first-hand what their marriage, divorce and post-divorce were like. Perhaps the separation was especially bitter; we just don't know - even if we know one or both of them, it is not our experience; it's theirs.

2. I'll bet RC looked angry! Again, I don't read much into that other than I sure as heck would be angry (AT THE UNIVERSE) if this happened to my kid. I'd rather not jump to conclusions about what I see to be a normal facial expression, under the circumstances.

Just my :twocents:.

Maybe he/they don't know that...heck, I sure didn't!! I am VERY cell phone challenged...to say the least!!:doh:

In light of the Cassie Anthony debacle, I am sure most people would know about the ability to retrieve text messages. Remember the pages and pages and PAGES of messages they posted on line for the public to see? I wonder what else could link her phone to the killer, if that is the case. Must be a recording. This is why I heard the other day that they were going to do a dive at the dock. I wonder why it hasn't been done? The chance of her phone being in there imo is less than zero.

In light of the Cassie Anthony debacle, I am sure most people would know about the ability to retrieve text messages. Remember the pages and pages and PAGES of messages they posted on line for the public to see? I wonder what else could link her phone to the killer, if that is the case. Must be a recording. This is why I heard the other day that they were going to do a dive at the dock. I wonder why it hasn't been done? The chance of her phone being in there imo is less than zero.

Maybe they found her phone already? speculation!!!!

I have to say, and this MOO........that if there has been an ongoing relationship between WC and JF that extends back to while he was still married and producing offspring with said wife, I have to believe that JF has somewhat of a controlling influence over alledged gf/mistress/and employer????? I am assuming JF's consruction company did sub work for WC as a general contractor, of course. Goes to state of mind and SWS (stupid woman syndrome) IMHO

IF, and it has said to have been confirmed but since I didn't personally confirm it I will say IF, WC really did just purchase JF a truck, what else has she purchased? We haven't heard about him going out and buying her big expensive things. (although it is possible, but doesn't strike me as the "I'm gonna spoil you, baby" type)

As a hard working woman, I would never buy a man something like this. Sorry. If it were my husband and we bought it TOGETHER that would be different.

Most women don't go handing out new trucks while their bf cheats and reproduces with other people. I agree he could definitely have some kind of control over her. Love makes us do stupid things. I know!

I haven't heard anything of he behavior. That's kind of my point. I am close to someone who went to school with her at the Academy. There was nothing odd, that I've heard, of her behavior leading up to this. If she had been raped, one would think, IMO, that there would be depression, lack of motivation, anger, missed school, etc.... And the person I am close to has not heard the rape rumor. I think that would have floated around fairly quickly after her disappearance, and certainly after her body was found. IMO.

It is true some victims react right a way, but it's not uncommon for there to almost be a "shock" period that can last for months before the victim even tells anyone if they ever do. Often the event is blacked out for a while in hopes to convince themselves it never happened, or it didn't happen the way they remember.

I'm not saying this really happened, but whenever a woman is raped there is always someone who doesn't believe her because she doesn't "act" like a rape victim is supposed to "act" according to Law & Order SVU.

I completely agree with you that this could be rumor, but until it is proven otherwise I think it is a possibility.

Ok...that makes a lot of sense. We don't get much snow where I live... ha.

So if it was road grime from gutter snow (how's that for a summary? :) ), there had been no snow recently in the Wenatchee area, so that road grime wouldn't have accumulated in an hour or two after a carwash. What do you think?

I totally agree- The roads, at least those in town were dry that day. There was no melting snow. It was already long gone.

I had wondered if we had precip, but reports posted note some cloud cover at times but no precip that day. It is likely the only grime the car picked up that day was during the AM as she drove from Orondo to Wenatchee. It would have picked up some frost melt from the highway and a good deal of road de-icer coming across the North Wenatchee bridge.

That de-icer can make a car a mess fast. I washed my car one AM and got behind a de ice truck for just a bit on I90. Although I was only behind him and driving in the stuff for a mile, the side (especially the passenger side) was covered with light colored crap.

If she did wash the car, I think that car would have had to have driven on either fresh deicer or for a pretty long period on gravel.

The de-icer would not have been on any roads, other than mountain passes mid day or afternoon, so it is unlikely it was picked up after a wash.

I don't see how that car could have been washed between 3 and 7 (when it was first noticed up PC) and wound up that dirty, in that fashion. Sure, if it was driven at high speed on gravel, but the the windows would be filthy. They are not. Or, if it had been in extensive mud- but then it would be splattered and covering the wheel openings- it is not.

I think that car is covered with days of road grime and the tires with a bit of mud from the end and turnaround up PC where it was parked and left.

There is undeniably a chain attached from Mackenzie's car to the one in front of it. Picture shows it. I would hope that a rollback was used to carry Mackenzie's car to impound. But that photo clearly shows a chain attached from Mackenzie's car to the vehicle in front of it.

And the residue on the right rear of her car is caused from the engine burning motor oil, meaning that the engine probably has some worn rings. That engine residue attracts dust and dirt, causing it to stick around the exhaust area--the rear right. If the grime were equally distributed, then I might agree that it's just road grime.

I politely disagree ... :angel: ...a chain does not appear in the pic taken from the front of the vehicle. Anyone who knows how to tow a vehicle would not tow a vehicle using only a chain. There would be no method for stopping the vehicle during a tow drive.

If there is a chain showing in the side-view pic and if it is attached to MC's vehicle, it might have been used as a tie-down on the flatbed ... but certainly not to tow it.

As for the rear dirt, I used the word 'mix' in my describing possible causes. The Pontiac Grand Prix engine is a good build, rare to have ring blow-by and valve-seal leaks unless the driver really beats the engine. Girls rarely beat up their vehicle so we might assume MC received the car in a used condition and there's no telling if it was abused by previous owner(s).

I drew a red arrow pointing to the chain.

Okay, maybe the resolution isn't working so well on my small netbook screen, because I still can't see it on the front view pic.:waitasec:

Is the chain visible on the second pic - the one of the front of the car/license plate? I saw your arrow on the third pic, but I can't seen the chain on the second pic.

Is it possible the chain-to-car image in the third pic is an optical illusion of sorts, actually coming from the back of the car almost completely out of the screen to the right and simply draping to the ground, but we can't see that, because the end is hidden behind the driver's side of the car?

Me, too, Sherlock.

We're all grasping at anything right now. Need new info.

I have a couple of questions that I haven't seen addressed...

1) Has Mackenzie been buried yet? If so, which cemetery? I didn't see any obituary at all, which would give this info.

2) How old is her boyfriend, and can someone give me his initials without breaking WS rules? Were they a couple when this happened? I've heard that they were, and then that they weren't. Was he at RC's house when the call came in that her car had been found or did RC call him to tell him?

There is undeniably a chain attached from Mackenzie's car to the one in front of it. Picture shows it. I would hope that a rollback was used to carry Mackenzie's car to impound. But that photo clearly shows a chain attached from Mackenzie's car to the vehicle in front of it.

And the residue on the right rear of her car is caused from the engine burning motor oil, meaning that the engine probably has some worn rings. That engine residue attracts dust and dirt, causing it to stick around the exhaust area--the rear right. If the grime were equally distributed, then I might agree that it's just road grime.

What if whoever left the car up at PC towed it with a chain and just dumped it and got out of there quickly and didn't bother removing the chain? Maybe it is exactly how LE found it. Just thinking........

Reminder to all: KPQ radio with Rhona Baron at 1:00. I think she is going to interview police on how young women can protect themselves. I didn't put that part in my calendar....on my phone! KPQ is 560 on the am dial.

Those of you not from this area can probably listen online.

Great reminder!- listening right now to:

Rhona Baron- host
Guy Minor- Wenatchee PD corporal
Bob King- Wenatchee School Dist Safety and Security director
Aaron McKenzie- WSD counselor- elementary school

They kick off by stating there will be no details of MC's case discussed.

Guy Minor states in response to a question asking if the community is uneasy about the murder that any unease is due to LE not "wrapping things up in the investigation yet" and that LE would like to "be able to wrap it up soon".

Quotes are approximate- I could be off by a word or two. The content is correct, though.

I find it interesting that Cpl. Minor refers to "wrapping up" and not discovering, investigating, etc.

I politely disagree ... :angel: ...a chain does not appear in the pic taken from the front of the vehicle. Anyone who knows how to tow a vehicle would not tow a vehicle using only a chain. There would be no method for stopping the vehicle during a tow drive.

If there is a chain showing in the side-view pic and if it is attached to MC's vehicle, it might have been used as a tie-down on the flatbed ... but certainly not to tow it.

As for the rear dirt, I used the word 'mix' in my describing possible causes. The Pontiac Grand Prix engine is a good build, rare to have ring blow-by and valve-seal leaks unless the driver really beats the engine. Girls rarely beat up their vehicle so we might assume MC received the car in a used condition and there's no telling if it was abused by previous owner(s).

We may be beleaguering a tangential subject, but... I have two points to make, based on my own experience.

I have Pontiac, same year model, and we've towed my car behind my truck using a chain before. Had a problem with the ignition. It's not the best way to move a car, but it's the cheapest. If you look at the photo, you can see that the chain attached to Mackenzie's car's undercarriage is also attached to the undercarriage of the vehicle in front of it. Rollbacks have winches on the bulkheads, at the front of the bed, not on the undercarriage.

And, the 1997 model Pontiacs are known for having crap engines--had plastic valve covers instead of aluminum ones. At least that's what my mechanic told me when mine blew up in Tyler, Texas, several years ago. I bought my car new, and never rode it hard. I was cruising along Interstate 20 at 70 MPH, when BAM!I didn't "beat" my engine... and, surprise! I'm a girl.

:)

Back to Mackenzie, though. The car is undeniably sitting outside in an impound lot. It should have been sealed and placed in a bay.

Even in the Casey Anthony case, hairs, fibers and stains were found MONTHS after her alleged crime... each subsequent investigation of her car turned up new evidence. That's my point. The car should have been sealed at PCR, placed on a rollback, brought to a LE bay, and shut up for as long as it takes to resolve this case. Instead, we see a photo of it out in an impound lot, chained to a vehicle in front of it, which means that someone had to get in Mackenzie's car to steer and brake from behind while the car was being towed by the car in front.

What if whoever left the car up at PC towed it with a chain and just dumped it and got out of there quickly and didn't bother removing the chain? Maybe it is exactly how LE found it. Just thinking........

The only difference between being towed or driving is turning on the engine. They drove it to PC and probably left in the second vehicle. There was most certainly at least 2 perps involved in this case at some level.

IMHO

The only difference between being towed or driving is turning on the engine. They drove it to PC and probably left in the second vehicle. There was most certainly at least 2 perps involved in this case at some level.

IMHO

Well....what if someone tried to drive up the muddy road and got stuck and someone had to come and pull them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc