WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the person who saw MC at the car wash is covering up for someone? :waitasec:

I hate to discuss money when a moral person would do the right thing, but just to be sure among all us moral people...$40 grand tends to kill any sense of loyalty to protect someone.

Me, too, Sherlock.

We're all grasping at anything right now. Need new info.

I have a couple of questions that I haven't seen addressed...

1) Has Mackenzie been buried yet? If so, which cemetery? I didn't see any obituary at all, which would give this info.

2) How old is her boyfriend, and can someone give me his initials without breaking WS rules? Were they a couple when this happened? I've heard that they were, and then that they weren't. Was he at RC's house when the call came in that her car had been found or did RC call him to tell him?

I thought that I read somewhere back several threads that she was cremated and the funeral was held the day before the memorial.

Just what I think I read.

I agree. Which leads us back to the killers were somehow familiar with the CB property.

The further the distances between these two places, (and events - (1) body moved (2) fishing trip) -- might have appeared to be a benefit to the killer(s) as well.

I'm really tempted by the theory of launching a boat at the "Tarpiscan boat launch" and transporting MC's body down river via boat. It's probably what I would have done if I was the killer.

But, that theory ignores the fact that LE reportedly found evidence in or near the CB house, as well as the fluorescent orange line near the driveway, and etc.

Plus, I SUSPECT the level of the river was too low to launch a boat at that ramp.

GN all catch up with you tomorrow. hopefully there will be something new.

Maybe the person who saw MC at the car wash is covering up for someone? :waitasec:

Maybe, the person who said, MC and a passenger drove through the car wash, was covering for a pretend passenger who never really was in the car with MC?
Maybe a fake passenger was involved in the disappearance or death of MC and has a fake alibi?

Springer DEVELOPMENT?

My guess is that they may take the mobile home out and put condos there. It's not that far from the Crescent Bar beach.

Last night, I watched some videos of Crescent Bar beach on Memorial Day. That place is hopping on holidays. Looks like a good time.

I agree - if the perp is cleaver enough to have this many people stumped (partially because of tight lipped LE), then I just don't see anyone hanging on to it. Too much of a liability.

As for child support, it is ordered until the child reaches the age of 18 OR graduates, whichever happens last. The parents must petition the court for postsecondary support prior to the child's 18th birthday, or graduation, whichever happens last. If they don't petition, it's barred and neither parent is required to help pay for postsecondary support. So in MC's case, child support would have stopped in June when she graduated.

RC or WC could have petitioned for post secondary support right up to the day before MC graduated.

In the alternative, however, remember that RC filed a Petition for Modification of Child Support in February 2008. That proceeding has not been finalized, so it is still open and ongoing.

Maybe, the person who said, MC and a passenger drove through the car wash, was covering for a pretend passenger who never really was in the car with MC?
Maybe a fake passenger was involved in the disappearance or death of MC and has a fake alibi?

Witness and "passenger" are each other's alibi at the car wash.

Would only last as long as it took for the photos of the car to be circulated.

More likely that someone was making stuff up. :innocent:

Just found that photo that was in the press immediately after Mackenzie disappeared... it wasn't mackenzie's actual car, but probably a stock photo of one like it (except wrong year model).

Mackenzie's actual car, a 1997 Grand Prix:

carchain.jpg

KXLY's image:

car3f.jpg

The car shown on KXLY is a 2000 Grand Prix with sunroof, different wheels, price sticker, and someone sitting in the car.

Just found that photo that was in the press immediately after Mackenzie disappeared... it wasn't mackenzie's actual car, but probably a stock photo of one like it (except wrong year model).

Mackenzie's actual car, a 1997 Grand Prix:

carchain.jpg

KXLY's image:

car3f.jpg

The car shown on KXLY is a 2000 Grand Prix with sunroof, different wheels, price sticker, and someone sitting in the car.
... and nicely washed.

Yeah I also didn't really buy into the car wash rumor. And regarding the picture of her car, IMO it looks like the mud is on the tire treads, not the sidewall. Almost like it was driven a very short distance in mud, but not much beyond that.

I'm still reading the last thread (thread 7) and am only up to page 25 on that one.

I saw the car conversation, and want to post the photos here...with a couple of comments. Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes from the last thread by doing this. If these have already been posted, please disregard.

The car obviously had not been washed in awhile, because you can see the dust and exhaust residue on the back of the car. Notice that most of the residue/dust are on the back right? That's because that's where the tailpipe is on this car.

car1b.jpg

car2nc.jpg

carchain.jpg

Things that would be helpful to know:

• Was the car pointed toward town or away from town when it was found?

• Did LE bring the car back to the impound lot by TOWING it with a chain instead of placing it on a rollback at the site that it was found??

IF so, GRRRR! It could have been placed on a rollback with no one having to enter or touch the car. But if you look at the arrow that I've drawn on the final photo, you see that there's a chain attached from Mackenzie's car to another vehicle. If it was towed back to town by chaining it to another vehicle, that means that someone had to get in the car and turn the key on to be able to steer. Also, they may have had to turn the lights on, which, if they knew nothing about the car, they may have hit the wipers instead. If they did not use a rollback, very reckless of LE! The car should have been sealed at site, placed on the rollback, and brought back to a bay for examination. That way, no one would have had to enter the car.

IDK... It looks like the car is very clean on the top (see how it shines on the top). If someone was to drive it thru a very dirty road, it would get dirty. Not as much on the top, it would get more dirt on the sides and around the bottom. IMO I cannot rule out the car wash. Just look at how dirty the tires are. It makes sense that the car would be dirty from looking at the tires. Again, look at the top of the car and hood (it shines!).).

Me, too, Sherlock.

We're all grasping at anything right now. Need new info.

I have a couple of questions that I haven't seen addressed...

1) Has Mackenzie been buried yet? If so, which cemetery? I didn't see any obituary at all, which would give this info.

2) How old is her boyfriend, and can someone give me his initials without breaking WS rules? Were they a couple when this happened? I've heard that they were, and then that they weren't. Was he at RC's house when the call came in that her car had been found or did RC call him to tell him?

I heard the same thing about the cremation but it is strange that there was no obituary.

Her boyfriend is 21 and his initial are JV. I think thats ok to post since he isn't a minor. He seems like a pretty good guy. Someone on here who was his friend on myspace said he had pleas to everyone to find the killer. At least someone from her life is speaking out and concerned!

hey melissa....how can you veiw mac's myspace when it's private???

hey melissa....how can you veiw mac's myspace when it's private???

I didn't view her myspace page. One of the WS posters on here, that is friends with mac's boyfriend JV, said that he was pleading to find out who did this to her.

An obituary would need to list the date of death which LE has not released to the public yet (and in fact still might not know for sure). I suppose the family could have elected to do an "In Memoriam" on their own, but I would think they would wait until all the facts are in.

I guess what I am really wondering is when the car was found all they knew was that MC had missed curfew. You would think her dad would have had an extra key and driven it home unless there were other circumstances that made them think right then and there that a crime had been committed.

Trying, as a mom, to imagine what I'd do...

If I got a car from LE that my kid's car was "abandoned," and she was out past curfew, I'd start calling her cell like a maniac. When I realized her cell was turned off (or out of range), I'd go to the car's location.

I don't think driving the car home would strike me as the thing to do... My kid would be "out there somewhere," and she'd be expecting to find her car when she got back!

How long would it be before I realized she wasn't coming back? I don't know.

Still, I don't think I'd drive the car home as a first thought. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members