WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again All,

So does anyone know what month and year MC and her BF JV started dating? Does anyone know how old WC is?

Hi again All,

So does anyone know what month and year MC and her BF JV started dating? Does anyone know how old WC is?

Don't know WC's exact age, but she graduated HS in 78'. According to her FB atleast ;)

that looks like east wenatchee or rock island

Yup, I was wrong in this post. I didn't look at the background enough. That is NOT the state patrol's impound lot in North Wenatchee. That is the Chelan County's (??) impound lot down past Malaga by the Alcoa plant -- 3.9 miles south of Malaga's Main Street. It's the back way into the Alcoa plant, but I believe that the road is gated just off Colockum Road. I could be wrong on that too, (and better pictures of the car would be awesome!)

I'm really tempted by the theory of launching a boat at the "Tarpiscan boat launch" and transporting MC's body down river via boat. It's probably what I would have done if I was the killer.

But, that theory ignores the fact that LE reportedly found evidence in or near the CB house, as well as the fluorescent orange line near the driveway, and etc.

Plus, I SUSPECT the level of the river was too low to launch a boat at that ramp.

Just to make sure, my theory is (1) depositing body Tuesday night at CB location, (2) waiting a few days and then launching a boat at Tarpiscan boat launch and fishing until evening, (3) in the dark and by boat stopping at CB location to pick up or drag body to deep, fast moving waters.

The prep work necessary to sink the body was done Tuesday night before moving body to CB.

I think we both agree, when the body was placed along the shore it wasn't meant to be found. It was well hidden, next to a nearly shuttered resort "town" and duck season had even ended. Because of that I just see no reason to use the CB house, UNLESS to be used as the main homicide location. And I just didn't see enough police activity centered around that house to figure it for a major crime scene.

As for any evidence taken from the house: I figure it was probably some fingerprints on a few windows and doorknobs and a few things inside, all from real estate agents or perspective buyers randomly stopping by. Those prints likely won't be on file, so they can't rule those people out until the real murders are brought to justice. They might even call these prints evidence in a homicide investigation.

Which leads me to my point about this CB house.

I've seen the following paragraph repeated exactly as written on many different media sites, "Investigators found evidence of homicide at the scene and inside the vacant home." I believe that sentence is simply bad reporting. You won't find that at the WW site because they didn't steal their news report word-for-word from the one bad reporter at King5, Elise Hahn, who attempted to make a sentence flow better. Wenatchee World's website reports it correctly, "Investigators were searching the house Saturday night, along with a large crime scene area they marked around it." WW never reports that evidence of homicide was ever collected from the house. In the next WW article on the MC investigation they reported "...a meeting of deputies and investigators was scheduled for 9 a.m. this morning to discuss the weekend’s search efforts and plan for the arrival of a state forensics team Tuesday..." I believe that forensics team was sent over to the spec house on Tuesday, (does that fit the time-line of the semi-confirmed rumored Makesmewonder?), and not the CB location, which it would have if evidence of homicide was located inside the house.

I wish I could find it but I can't recall where, (I think out of a Spokane station), where the LE spokesman on scene carefully stated they had found a body with evidence of homicide and they have collected evidence from the nearby vacant house. I think this is the statement which Elise turned around. Someone please help me!

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
THIS ENTIRE POST IS AN ACCUMULATION OF MOO AND NOT BASED ON ANY FACTS.
This is my theory and thoughts about what may have happened. I'm hesitant to post this, because this isn't how I want to believe she died. But I've ran this through my head for the last two days and it's the only thing that makes sense to me. Tonight as I put a period on the end of the last paragraph, I've realized I can't understand this kind of evil nor do I want to. Forgive the spelling and punctuation errors. REMINDER: THIS IS ALL SPECULATION AND NOT BASED ON FACTS.

I've tried real hard to stay away from the drug angle. But with the mention of a financial connection in TUBS report, it's getting harder and harder not to look in that direction. I am a realist, I've raised 2 daughters who have, by the grace of God, survived their teens. I realize that some teens do smoke pot and it doesn't mean they are addicts or they use every day. Some teens who smoke casually/socially are functional and responsible and some are not. I also know that with minimal usage, they can pass UA's. I don't believe MC was an addict or habitual user and I believe pot was the only illegal drug she used. REMINDER: THIS IS ALL SPECULATION AND NOT BASED ON FACTS.

I believe the killer is a local and is in her inner circle of friends. I believe he sells pot and uses meth. I believe he has a truly evil and sadistic side to him that only one or two people know about. REMINDER: THIS IS ALL SPECULATION AND NOT BASED ON FACTS.

The first time the killer met MC he felt a deep connection to her and he believed she felt the same. The more he saw her and the more they talked, the more he was convinced. He may have bragged about his drug connections to her in order to impress her. He may have mentioned to a few close friends that he really liked her and he may have said they were soul mates. (Reminder.. this is ALL SPECULATION)

I believe MC had a one-time physical relationship with him that happened recently. I believe this took place at the north end spec house. He knew MC had a boyfriend and she made it clear she loved him and she wasn't breaking up with him. He hoped she would change her mind so they could finally be together like they were suppose to. After they were together that evening he called her several times and her phone went straight to voice mail. The next time he saw MC she acted like nothing happened. He was totally confused. REMINDER: THIS IS ALL SPECULATION AND NOT BASED ON FACTS.

Since the killer is associated with so many of her friends, she ran into him quite often. She felt more and more uncomfortable every time she saw him. Her friends soon noticed he was acting strange towards her. The only way they could describe it was he gave them the creeps the way he looked at MC. After that, she made a point to limit her contact with him. MC may have talked to a few friends about feeling uncomfortable around him and she may have confided with a few about her one-time physical relationship with him. It was obvious to the killer MC wasn't wanting to hang out like before. He may have asked mutual friends about her, asking if she said anything about him. He begins to downplay his initial feelings about her to friends and says some pretty harsh words about her and her character. REMINDER: THIS IS ALL SPECULATION AND NOT BASED ON FACTS.

MC called him the day before she disappears as a last resort to score a small bag of pot. She doesn't smoke pot much and she doesn't really know anyone else. (PURE SPECULATION) Unfortunately when she calls him, he had been up for several days smoking meth with a close friend who shares his sadistic ideas. During this meth binge, they talked crudely about MC and the killer introduces the idea of how he could kill her and get away with it. When he sees her number come up on his caller id, he feels it's fate. He tells her he doesn't have any right now but he will for sure tomorrow. They need time to get everything squared away. MC and the killer meet at the arranged location and she lets him know she's in a hurry to return to school. IMHO, somehow he talked her into going to the north end spec house, maybe he said he left something there and she was afraid her mom would find it, but in his sick mind that house is special to him and he's hoping being there again she'll change her mind. I believe she pulled her car in the garage to conceal it, like she had done before. She runs in with him, leaving her purse in the car. I believe he tried to talk to her and when she denied having feelings for him again, he became enraged. She was somehow rendered helpless while there, probably with a blow to the head and then moved. I believe her wrists were bound and a bag put on her head before she left the house. I believe a neighbor saw a car resembling MC's pulling away from the house, but was unable to identify who was driving. I believe it was near this home her phone pinged for the last time. REMINDER: THIS IS ALL SPECULATION AND NOT BASED ON FACTS.

The killer takes MC to an unknown location nearby, possibly a secluded area on the outskirts of N Wenatchee. She is quickly killed. He hides her body. He calls his friend and tells him what hes done. He tells him to meet him where they talked about. He is familiar with the area and knows the back roads well. They decided on PC since neither of them have connections there. REMINDER: THIS IS ALL SPECULATION NOT BASED ON FACTS.

The killer knew he would be contacted by LE, and has absolute faith his sadistic friend will be his alibi. After abandoning the car, his sadistic friend drove him down the mnt and they both went about their business in a normal manner. The killer made sure he had witnesses to verify his state of mind concerning the news of MC disappearance, and I believe he went out of his way to tell people she called him recently but made it clear he hadn't seen her lately. REMINDER: THIS IS ALL SPECULATION NOT BASED ON FACT.

I believe the next day, they returned as planned to where MC's body was. I believe one of them has access to a truck and she was put in the back and tarp was placed over the top of her. I don't think either of them own a truck, I think the plan was to use someone elses truck who knew nothing about this. Therefore, there would no trace evidence in either of their vehicles. I believe the CB location was very familiar to one of them. I believe he had been duck hunting in CB area frequently this last season. I believe they both thought MC would never be found so the CB crime scene will never be investigated. REMINDER: THIS IS ALL SPECULATION NOT BASED ON FACTS.

I believe she was placed by the river to be disposed of. I believe they thought they could do this quickly but soon realized the tools they had weren't sharp enough and it was more gruesome than they imagined. I believe they left with the intention of returning later that day. Maybe LE contacted one of them for routine questioning and they were afraid of being followed, maybe the sadistic friend had cold feet. I'm not sure why they didn't return, but I'm glad they didn't. I don't think MC would have ever been found if a stranger in CB hadn't decided to go for a walk that day. REMINDER: THIS IS ALL SPECULATION NOT BASED ON FACTS.

Okay I'm done... I hope I'm wrong..

my theory is a frequent custmer of the hair academy. That she possibly turned down

I'm still reading the last thread (thread 7) and am only up to page 25 on that one.

I saw the car conversation, and want to post the photos here...with a couple of comments. Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes from the last thread by doing this. If these have already been posted, please disregard.

The car obviously had not been washed in awhile, because you can see the dust and exhaust residue on the back of the car. Notice that most of the residue/dust are on the back right? That's because that's where the tailpipe is on this car.

car1b.jpg

car2nc.jpg

carchain.jpg

Things that would be helpful to know:

• Was the car pointed toward town or away from town when it was found?

• Did LE bring the car back to the impound lot by TOWING it with a chain instead of placing it on a rollback at the site that it was found??
IF so, GRRRR! It could have been placed on a rollback with no one having to enter or touch the car. But if you look at the arrow that I've drawn on the final photo, you see that there's a chain attached from Mackenzie's car to another vehicle. If it was towed back to town by chaining it to another vehicle, that means that someone had to get in the car and turn the key on to be able to steer. Also, they may have had to turn the lights on, which, if they knew nothing about the car, they may have hit the wipers instead. If they did not use a rollback, very reckless of LE! The car should have been sealed at site, placed on the rollback, and brought back to a bay for examination. That way, no one would have had to enter the car.

Observations:
  • 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix SE (is the less expensive model, with the GT and GTP (turbo) being the more expensive models).
  • There is no chain attached to the car. LE does not use chains to tow cars long-haul ... only to extract them from inaccessible areas. A flatbed is used to move evidence vehicles to an inspection garage or compound.
  • The outward appearance of the vehicle does not indicate immediate car wash activity - if washed it was driven after the fact.
  • The lower area of the trunk lid is 'dirty' with no finger marks ... no recent activity in the trunk.
  • The upper area around the gas fill toward the trunk deck seems too 'clean' - odd, given no trunk activity. Gas fill-ups don't usually cause for such a wide area to be 'cleaned'.
  • The back door on the passenger side seems 'cleaner' towards the front (possibly indicating moderate to frequent use of the front passenger door, loose clothing / overcoat or whatever rubs along some of the back door as passenger enters vehicle).
  • Items stacked moderately high on the passenger side rear seat or on the rear inside deck are visible through the rear window.
  • The mid hood to lower front of the vehicle seems unusually 'clean' with only some dirt / bug splatter on the lower right bumper - explainable if it recently had been driven during mild / moderate rain.
  • There is no caked mud in nor around the fender wells. No deep-mud driving for this car, at least not recently and most likely not ever as this vehicle has only 4.5" clearance with 16" rims, fully-inflated tires and 'fresh' springs. The clearance slightly diminishes over time ... it's a '97 model.
  • The tires show dirt / slight mud around the outer perimeters and nothing caked in the tire treads nor in the rims detailing.
  • Car exhaust alone would not dirty that section of the rear. That's a mix of kicked-up road dirt and from driving on two-lane roads where opposite direction cars kick up / spray wet dirt.
  • There appears to be no visible damage, no dents.

Funny thing is, I doubt it contains any evidence which police don't already have.

I think the pictures on a teenagers phone tells quite a story. I think it is very important for them to find this phone.

Just catching up this morning, hope this wasn't suggested yet. You guys were busy last night, I live in I guess what would be considered the midwest and the time change disrupts my posting.

Ok, all you sleuths who think you know who is responsible for the death of MC, call the crime tips line, and try to collect your reward. If you are correct, in your theory, arrests will be made, and you should be paid. :detective::smile:

I really hope that was a joke. Sorry. Reward money should be for people who have concrete knowledge that leads to the capture of the monster. This isn't the lottery.

In the next WW article on the MC investigation they reported "...a meeting of deputies and investigators was scheduled for 9 a.m. this morning to discuss the weekend’s search efforts and plan for the arrival of a state forensics team Tuesday..." I believe that forensics team was sent over to the spec house on Tuesday, (does that fit the time-line of the semi-confirmed rumored Makesmewonder?), and not the CB location, which it would have if evidence of homicide was located inside the house.

Yes it does fit the time line.

The more I look at those pictures of MCs car, the more I am inclined to believe:

Theory/Conjecture

- the majority of that dirt is road grime from the car travelling Orondo to Wenatchee and back on a daily basis. I do not think much of it is from gravel or dusty roads.

- I'd like to see that car in better detail, to see the color of the road grime better, as if it is light colored, it could well be simply from road de-icer. That stuff makes a mess of the sides and rear of a car fast. In winter, de-icer is sprayed on the Highway 97 Odabashion Bridge (North Wenatchee over Columbia) that MC likely drove over daily on her Orondo- Wenatchee commute.

- the mud on the tires is not that extensive and with no mud seeming to be on the wheel wells, it may have been picked up where the car was parked. It would be interesting to know which way the car was facing when found and if tire marks in the muddy entrance to the feed lot next to the car matched the tread. There are ruts in that mud now, and I'm sure a month ago it was pretty soft. Likely that mud came from someone turning the car in the lot to face along traffic flow (right side of road, facing down towards entrace to PC road).

Now, after taking in what I found on the roads yesterday up PC and after viewing the car pics, my speculation is that the car had not been washed in a while. She drove it out of the lot at the Hair Academy much as it sits in the picture. The only rough road it likely encountered was that at the end of Pitcher canyon road where the perp(s) either attempted to drive further up and turned, or just turned it in that lot and parked.

I think it was left up PC for convenience sake. PC is the first turnoff of Squilchuck that heads up in the hills.

I don't think MC was still in the car when it went up PC. The big question is where did she seperate from the car? When we get that answer, we'll likely have the suspect.

Is it possible she might have been meeting someone at the location where the car was left? Maybe they went for a walk and things went badly?

Here's another scenario to throw out there just to keep the discussion going. I'm trying to keep it as non-complex as possible:

1. MC leaves the beauty school with the intent of meeting "X" at the boat ramp area. That area provides some privacy for a meeting that she may want to keep somewhat private. I have no way of knowing her regular gait, but in the surveillance video she seems to have a brisk step as if she has somewhere she needs to be.

2. MC meets X at park/boat ramp area.

3. X and MC decide to find a private place to hang out. They decide to drive up PCR where she leaves the car and gets into X's car. No sign of abduction since she leaves willingly. (IIRC early on LE indicated they thought this was not an abduction.)

4. At some point the texts between MC and her bf take place. Since MC is with someone not her bf, her text is kept very short.

5. X and MC drive to a private place, maybe CB, maybe the spec home, maybe somewhere else.

6. Things get out of hand and the homicide takes place at this unknown crime scene (maybe CB, maybe spec home, maybe X's car, maybe somewhere else). X does not have to worry about abandoning the car since it is already, and conveniently, up PCR.

7. Body is placed at CB.

8. X cleans up and leaves to drive back home.

The above scenario is simple, compared to others. But maybe a good place to begin is with the simple.

All of the above is, of course, JMHO.

Here's another scenario to throw out there just to keep the discussion going. I'm trying to keep it as non-complex as possible:

1. MC leaves the beauty school with the intent of meeting "X" at the boat ramp area. That area provides some privacy for a meeting that she may want to keep somewhat private. I have no way of knowing her regular gait, but in the surveillance video she seems to have a brisk step as if she has somewhere she needs to be.

2. MC meets X at park/boat ramp area.

3. X and MC decide to find a private place to hang out. They decide to drive up PCR where she leaves the car and gets into X's car. No sign of abduction since she leaves willingly. (IIRC early on LE indicated they thought this was not an abduction.)

4. At some point the texts between MC and her bf take place. Since MC is with someone not her bf, her text is kept very short.

5. X and MC drive to a private place, maybe CB, maybe the spec home, maybe somewhere else.

6. Things get out of hand and the homicide takes place at this unknown crime scene (maybe CB, maybe spec home, maybe X's car, maybe somewhere else). X does not have to worry about abandoning the car since it is already, and conveniently, up PCR.

7. X cleans up and leaves to drive back home.

The above scenario is simple, compared to others. But maybe a good place to begin is with the simple.

All of the above is, of course, JMHO.

But I think she would have taken her wallet and purse - were these things int he car. I thought I read her wallet was int he car. No way would I leave that in my car if I am getting in another car and driving away.

Why launch a boat from a location as far out of the way as the Tarpiscan launch is, only to end up in CB?

Other than them both being put in jail on the 22nd, what do some of you think is linking the R bros to this murder? I am still not convinced that they are both the same bros mentioned in the obituary of LMD. I think those are the initials anyway.

MC's cell phone will never, ever be seen again. It is gone. As easily as taking out the battery, wrapping it up in a paper bag, and dropping it into a trash can at 7-11.

Pics of the family and their states of grief: I have lost people close to me. Sometimes I cry like a child, sometimes I am lost in the moment and have no tears left.

I live very, very close to both the residence on W. EC Dr and the Spec house, though I haven't driven up W. EC Dr to take a gander for myself. I have, however, driven by the Spec house and saw no sign of it being watched.

IMO: If anything the murder may have happened at the Spec house, but I find it unlikely it would be used for storage after the fact. Of courrse, someone could have pulled into the garage, shut the door and taken it from there, but I would think anyone (especially with WC' or JF supposed resources from their gig and businesses) would have had better options with more privacy. It has to be fairly obvious to the neighbors there when someone pulls in and out. Whatever was RUMORED to have been seen by the neighbor that made them 'VERY UPSET', I am sure would answer the most important question.

Regarding WC as a suspect: IMO her 'bizarre' behavior could be attributed to the fact that her daughter left this world in the worst way imaginable and she knows who did it, and it is someone close to her. The FBI asked her not to make a statement to protect her and the investigation. Perhaps they are afraid of her getting emotional if she went live on camera or was probed some time after her initial statement, and leaked too much.

The 911 call: If she did do it or was involved, then why make the call on 2/20 about being threatened? If she was involved and being threatened by someone else involved, I find it hard to believe that she would call the Police. If they are watching her, I think it is for protection from JF. And on that thought, I now I have to revisit my thoughts on the 'R bros'. As I stated in an earlier post, a CR that I went with in the 80's and IMO (but most likely not MOO) seemed to be an evil and mean person. That corresponds with certain public records. Maybe the 911 call stemmed from a threat made to WC by one of them. Hhhmmm......

But I think she would have taken her wallet and purse - were these things int he car. I thought I read her wallet was int he car. No way would I leave that in my car if I am getting in another car and driving away.

Not that I am on boat with the "her going up to PCR and such (since only 1 set of footprints and alleged no dog scent of her)" but in response to her leaving her wallet/purse. I have sometimes left my car and just taken my ID/Debit/Keys, etc.... and left my purse. I would, however, have hidden it a little bit, but still, if she wanted to travel light and didn't have anything "important" to take with her. (again, not that I believe this theory) but if she was leaving for a quick "encounter" or something.... Just playing devils advocate

I just wanted to add that one of the sleuthers had a friend who worked at a car wash that said they were questioned by LE and saw MC's car go through. That is where the whole topic came from- the police never have mentioned this. I think they thought it was somewhere in the 3:00-4:00 range but, again, none of this is confirmed.

This is a link to the spec house from a search engine real estate section: http://realestate.yahoo.com/Washington/Wenatchee/3635-ridgeview-blvd:81443193ca49dbfff10d73dedabfaee

Hope that link was ok to post. Just trying to help. ;)

Do you remember which car wash it was rumored to be? The one on 5th or the one next to Dusty's?

Is it possible she might have been meeting someone at the location where the car was left? Maybe they went for a walk and things went badly?

For what we KNOW in this case, anything is possible. But, if we go with that idea, why not leave the body and move the car? Wouldn't that be easier? Of course, maybe that is exactly what the murderer did? But then the body WAS all the way out at the Crescent Bar location, which police are hinting wasn't the murder scene.

Seems with so much of what occurred to the body, (RUMOR), that the murderer would have needed access to a discreet place similar to the Crescent Bar location. Too much just seems to really point to premeditation.

Thanks for the question. With the little we know of this case, every avenue should be looked at again and again.

This is my first time posting on here so please cut me a little slack.
I have read all of the threads except for the last few pages. I am ready to share the RUMOR I heard from someone who goes to school with ( High School and The Academy) and who also dances with her. I was told this RUMOR less than a week after the body was found.
Here goes....MC confided in friends that a week prior to her dissappearence that she was raped by JF and she had proof on her cell phone. RUMOR!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd