WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did she share this information with you as "just another rumor" or was she one of the friends that was supposedly confided in? Or did she get the rumor from one of the friends who was confided in? Anything farther away I wouldn't put much merit to. But thank you for sharing Miss J!

I do wonder how a cell phone could prove a rape. Is the rapist gonna stop and pose for a picture? Doesn't really make sense in that regard.

If MC texted JF threatening to tell someone she would have proof. Even if he didn't come right out and say it, just him entertaining a conversation such as rape would be suspicious. I think text would be a very likely way for her to confront him. She would NOT want to talk to him in person. What if she told her mom and she initially didn't want to believe her. This is the man she loved. Hmmmmm

Here's another scenario to throw out there just to keep the discussion going. I'm trying to keep it as non-complex as possible:

1. MC leaves the beauty school with the intent of meeting "X" at the boat ramp area. That area provides some privacy for a meeting that she may want to keep somewhat private. I have no way of knowing her regular gait, but in the surveillance video she seems to have a brisk step as if she has somewhere she needs to be.

2. MC meets X at park/boat ramp area.

3. X and MC decide to find a private place to hang out. They decide to drive up PCR where she leaves the car and gets into X's car. No sign of abduction since she leaves willingly. (IIRC early on LE indicated they thought this was not an abduction.)

4. At some point the texts between MC and her bf take place. Since MC is with someone not her bf, her text is kept very short.

5. X and MC drive to a private place, maybe CB, maybe the spec home, maybe somewhere else.

6. Things get out of hand and the homicide takes place at this unknown crime scene (maybe CB, maybe spec home, maybe X's car, maybe somewhere else). X does not have to worry about abandoning the car since it is already, and conveniently, up PCR.

7. Body is placed at CB.

8. X cleans up and leaves to drive back home.

The above scenario is simple, compared to others. But maybe a good place to begin is with the simple.

All of the above is, of course, JMHO.

The only way I see this happening is if they went to a location up that road.
Otherwise, she would have just left her car at the boat ramp. JMO

It has been said (rumored) that WC and RC did NOT have a good relationship. I was at the memorial and even at the end when everyone went outside to release the balloons, WC and RC were not even in the same area. I have to say that even if I were divorced and didn't get a long well with my ex, if our child was killed this would be something that we would leave our differences at the door so to speak. Their children are the one thing that binds them together forever. I dont know, maybe I am just reading too much into it but it seemed odd.

That's exactly what I mean. Even though they were divorced and didn't get along, wouldn't you put all that aside if your joint child was horrifically murdered and console one another? I know I would no matter how much bad blood was between us previously. It has seemed odd to me ever since I saw the memorial pictures, it just felt off somehow. I just get the feeling that RC was totally pi#$%d at WC.

If MC texted JF threatening to tell someone she would have proof. Even if he didn't come right out and say it, just him entertaining a conversation such as rape would be suspicious. I think text would be a very likely way for her to confront him. She would NOT want to talk to him in person. What if she told her mom and she initially didn't want to believe her. This is the man she loved. Hmmmmm

Then such text would be on the phone records... just like the "hey, hey" thing with BF, right? Or do they only know that from HIS records? :waitasec:

Yup, I was wrong in this post. I didn't look at the background enough. That is NOT the state patrol's impound lot in North Wenatchee. That is the Chelan County's (??) impound lot down past Malaga by the Alcoa plant -- 3.9 miles south of Malaga's Main Street. It's the back way into the Alcoa plant, but I believe that the road is gated just off Colockum Road. I could be wrong on that too, (and better pictures of the car would be awesome!)

Yes, the road is gated. I just went out to take a look. from the road, but The lot is back off the road a ways and I did not get a super good look, but I
did not see any red cars parked there.

Likely, the car has been moved and placed somewhere else since the pictures were taken.

It has been said (rumored) that WC and RC did NOT have a good relationship. I was at the memorial and even at the end when everyone went outside to release the balloons, WC and RC were not even in the same area. I have to say that even if I were divorced and didn't get a long well with my ex, if our child was killed this would be something that we would leave our differences at the door so to speak. Their children are the one thing that binds them together forever. I dont know, maybe I am just reading too much into it but it seemed odd.

I think this is odd as well. Personally, I cannot stand my ex (that's why he's my ex :crazy:), but if something happened to our child God Forbid, I would be there for him and he would be there for me.

While I think it is evidenced that WC and RC did not have a "good" relationship, I believe the photo in the link below shows WC and RC in fairly close proximity while releasing balloons. Just wanted to make note of this...

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/photo....jpg?ac11bf8fe6c3fa35f94967ba750209537ec39bf0

If that link doesn't work, here is another:

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/25/memorial-service-honors-a-life-cut-short/?online

I don't think it points to guilt of either party. But what I do think it points to is one or both know who did it, (or who was suppose to be with MC last and is most likely to have done it). If they were grasping for answers, then yes maybe console each other and find comfort in the grief, as you are sharing the same pain. After knowing who likely did it, you are possibly sharing totally different feelings, grief and anger maybe mixed with guilt and self-doubt. (i.e. self-doubt = I should have seen this coming. - OR - anger = he/she should have seen this coming.)

That's exactly what I mean. Even though they were divorced and didn't get along, wouldn't you put all that aside if your joint child was horrifically murdered and console one another? I know I would no matter how much bad blood was between us previously. It has seemed odd to me ever since I saw the memorial pictures, it just felt off somehow. I just get the feeling that RC was totally pi#$%d at WC.

I do too... Even if WC had NOTHING to do with the murder, if RC had reason to suspect JF how could he not be furious with WC. It doens'nt make it her fault by any means. Naturally RC would have placed blame on WC, that is what we do as humans. We think we will feel better if we place blame. He seemed angry for sure.

Then such text would be on the phone records... just like the "hey, hey" thing with BF, right? Or do they only know that from HIS records? :waitasec:

I don't believe the records would show the actual text unless you had the phone...that being said I have no idea because I am not very text saavy, to say the least!!!

This gravel pit is not that big, and the road goes all the way around it. It's on a switchback. No privacy.

It was said that Gravel pits are a place that teens go and party. That may well be in other areas but here in our community (living here my whole life) we go into the woods to do most of the partying. There are a few lakes that have been popular not only with my generation but with my brother whos hay day was back in the 80's. Its secluded away from people who will all the LE and many many back roads to avoid getting caught. The Gravel pit up Squilchuck has been used as a meeting point or a pit stop, no pun intended, but never as a party place due to being right off the road. I am new to this but am very interested in what everyone has to say. Someone had mentioned that there is a new flyer that was handed out yesterday I can confirm that it was. I work in downtown Wenatchee and was given the flyer by volunteer LE. Yes the flyer does say she was on a 15 min. break and supposed to return back to the school. There have been lots of questions as to who had reported MC missing. Her family did that evening. Another posting I saw said that CB was accessible from Malaga just south of Wenatchee. This is not true. There is a train bridge but no roads that go across the river sorry guys. The only way to get to CB is through East Wenatchee or by boat. There is a boat launch out past Malaga about 8 miles south. This was a local hot spot but has been since found out by many. I have lived my whole life in this area as I have property on the river just up from the boat launch. From there CB is only a few miles down but there again you must have a boat. I hope that this will help clear up any confusion or misconceptions.

But I think she would have taken her wallet and purse - were these things int he car. I thought I read her wallet was int he car. No way would I leave that in my car if I am getting in another car and driving away.

Not that I am on boat with the "her going up to PCR and such (since only 1 set of footprints and alleged no dog scent of her)" but in response to her leaving her wallet/purse. I have sometimes left my car and just taken my ID/Debit/Keys, etc.... and left my purse. I would, however, have hidden it a little bit, but still, if she wanted to travel light and didn't have anything "important" to take with her. (again, not that I believe this theory) but if she was leaving for a quick "encounter" or something.... Just playing devils advocate

Given the clean area around the gas tank on MC's car and the missing debit/gas card...........it is possible that somebody just attacked her or came up on her while she was getting ready to or already pumping gas. Got in the car with her and made her drive somewhere. In that scenario, perp probably had a gun to her head. In this day and age, I think most young women would probably scream and run rather than get in the car with someone. That said, perhaps she was at a more remote gas station and nobody else around? I have seen a rumor that there was a gunshot wound in a leg, but it was a brief one and haven't seen it mentioned again, so not putting much credence in it. Just speculating.

While I think it is evidenced that WC and RC did not have a "good" relationship, I believe the photo in the link below shows WC and RC in fairly close proximity while releasing balloons. Just wanted to make note of this...

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/photo....jpg?ac11bf8fe6c3fa35f94967ba750209537ec39bf0

If that link doesn't work, here is another:

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/25/memorial-service-honors-a-life-cut-short/?online

Actually, at the very end right before the release of the balloons the pastor called RC, WC and her brothers over to him to release together. Before that moment they were at least 20 ft from each other.

I know I too, would be PISSED and unable to contain MY anger at MY ex-wife, if I knew my ex-wife's boyfriend murdered my precious daughter...

Of course, this is MOO...RUMOR...SPECULATION

This is my first time posting on here so please cut me a little slack.
I have read all of the threads except for the last few pages. I am ready to share the RUMOR I heard from someone who goes to school with ( High School and The Academy) and who also dances with her. I was told this RUMOR less than a week after the body was found.
Here goes....MC confided in friends that a week prior to her dissappearence that she was raped by JF and she had proof on her cell phone. RUMOR!!!!!

Welcome Miss J...........and thank you for sharing. That certainly would give JF motive and fits with the theory that it was somebody very close to her. It would be great if any others had heard this rumor to come forward, also

speculation

The only way I see this happening is if they went to a location up that road.
Otherwise, she would have just left her car at the boat ramp. JMO

I see what you're saying. At the same time, if "x" was JF and the topic was what was brought up after my original post, then perhaps the boat ramp area was perceived to be too conspicuous (a red car might stick out), and PCR was considered convenient since it was one of the first roads out of Wenatchee where one could drive up a canyon and park a car for a short time. IIRC someone mentioned or speculated that PCR was familiar to MC because of friends and four-wheeling?

IDK, this case presents so many twists and turns. For the sake of simplicity, I tend to think that the perp acted alone, but I certainly could be wrong and am willing to entertain other ideas.

No one has ever confirmed if the actual content of a text message can be retrieved from the cell company. I do not believe it can. I could be wrong though...

How could you have "proof on her cell phone"...here's a thought...maybe this alleged rape was a while back and the "proof" she had was a pregnancy result picture...JF would definately have to make sure MC did not tell a soul...EVER!!

Welcome Miss J!!

I know you can record video's with sound. It usually takes a few windows to get to that feature, tho. Anyone?

Maybe she had something recorded. It does seem odd that the phone is gone. Records will reveal number's called, etc. But, I hadn't thought about the camera or video's that she might have had stored on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleBiddle