WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what you're saying. At the same time, if "x" was JF and the topic was what was brought up after my original post, then perhaps the boat ramp area was perceived to be too conspicuous (a red car might stick out), and PCR was considered convenient since it was one of the first roads out of Wenatchee where one could drive up a canyon and park a car for a short time. IIRC someone mentioned or speculated that PCR was familiar to MC because of friends and four-wheeling?

IDK, this case presents so many twists and turns. For the sake of simplicity, I tend to think that the perp acted alone, but I certainly could be wrong and am willing to entertain other ideas.

I too think that the perp acted alone, wasn't premetatated but rather a heat of the moment action...kills her then thinks, OMG what have I done??? MHO of course!!

You have obviously put a lot of thought into this. Thank you. I don't believe that MC would have taken a drug connection to her Mom's spec house. I also don't believe that your perp would know the kind's of things this killer had to have known. I believe it's more sinister than this, in that MC's killer was someone she trusted and felt safe with. But, that's just MHO. Way to think and really organize thoughts and timeline and very detailed.:star::star::star::star::star:

The house in CB just to make things clear is NOT her mother's spec house. She is not the listed agent and is not involved with this house just to put this speculation to rest.

I am not sure, I am assuming the mother of this person took control of the situation. MY ASSUMPTION ONLY. I have not spoken about this to anyone except my spouse.

Maybe she didn't tell her mother..........or maybe she wasn't believed, if she had. Especially if there had been any flirtation going on. Seems she would have told her father, tho. IDK

Isn't it ironic that websleuthers have investigated just about everyone who could be the potential murderer and it always comes back to JF? Also, this could explain why LE wants that phone so bad when they already have the records. Maybe they do want to see the pics. Second thought, I noticed in the memorial pics that there was a distance between RC and WC and that the one brother seemed to distance himself from WC as well. Also, in some of the photos RC is sitting with his arms crossed. I'm not a body reading expert, but it seems he was angry. JMOO.

His daughter had been brutally murdered. He should be angry! JMO

The house in CB just to make things clear is NOT her mother's spec house. She is not the listed agent and is not involved with this house just to put this speculation to rest.

I believe they were referring to the house near Sunnyslope, not the CB house :)

Maybe she didn't tell her mother..........or maybe she wasn't believed, if she had. Especially if there had been any flirtation going on. Seems she would have told her father, tho. IDK

I think that would be a very hard thing to tell your Dad...

1.) MC would fear her dad doing something bad and going to jail.
2.) No daughter every wants to have that sort of conversation with a man, much less their father. :(

While I think it is evidenced that WC and RC did not have a "good" relationship, I believe the photo in the link below shows WC and RC in fairly close proximity while releasing balloons. Just wanted to make note of this...

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/photo....jpg?ac11bf8fe6c3fa35f94967ba750209537ec39bf0

If that link doesn't work, here is another:

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/25/memorial-service-honors-a-life-cut-short/?online

and note the tissue in her hand, for those that think she wasn't really grieving. moo

His daughter had been brutally murdered. He should be angry! JMO

If it were me I would be sobbing uncontrollably and full of grief. I can hardly look at the pictures of my kids when they were little without a feeling of sadness and melancholy because they are now grown and they are alive and well! If one of them had been murdered and I was sitting there looking at a slideshow of their lives, I would be inconsolable, not sitting there without a tear in my eye with my arms folded across my chest. He knows something we don't know and he is angry. JMOO and pure speculation.

How could you have "proof on her cell phone"...here's a thought...maybe this alleged rape was a while back and the "proof" she had was a pregnancy result picture...JF would definately have to make sure MC did not tell a soul...EVER!!

Welcome Miss J!!

Did she share this information with you as "just another rumor" or was she one of the friends that was supposedly confided in? Or did she get the rumor from one of the friends who was confided in? Anything farther away I wouldn't put much merit to. But thank you for sharing Miss J!

I do wonder how a cell phone could prove a rape. Is the rapist gonna stop and pose for a picture? Doesn't really make sense in that regard.

This is along the lines of what I have suspected all along. This kind of thing does happen way more often then we are aware of. We like to think that if a mother knew she would leave, but you would be shocked about how many mothers deny it ever happening, or ask that it just be kept "hush hush". This could definitely be a strong motive for the crime. If JF started feeling pressure from MC it could very well be premeditated. At first I didn't think this was, but I am starting to really wonder.

Rapists play mind games. Some even stay in contact with their victim after the fact to try to brainwash them into believing that it was consentual. Our society portrays rape as always being a violent situation where women scream and fight. Any kind of unwanted sexual advance, whether you fight or not, is rape as long as you have made it clear you don't want to partake.

We all have different ways we respond to trauma. When a girl is raped but doesn't fight she often blames herself. She re thinks everything "maybe I could have said no louder, maybe I dressed a certain way that implied I wanted it, maybe it was my fault."

It's very possible that after it happened MC realized it was wrong and it wasn't her fault. She may have decided to stand up to JF. All that would need to be on her phone would be something like "You know you wanted it". Doesn't have to be a picture.

If you found out your 17 year old was raped you would be devistated.
If you found out that as a product of this rape you were going to be a grandmother, you would be even more devistated.

If you found out that your bf was the monster who did this you would:
A) Be like the majority of mothers and on the hunt to kill.
B) Be terrified for your own saftey.
C) Be in denial and decide your 17 yr old is lying. Choose to take your boyfriends side and do anything you can to keep her quiet.

I'm not saying WC took part in the murder, but if JF has her brainwashed enough it's very possible she deiced to be "loyal" and help anyway she can. Possibly providing keys or codes to homes?? Not because she *really* wanted to help, but she never wanted anyone to know what took place... In the past or that specific day.

This is all just my personal thoughts. Nothing is fact and based completely on rumors and "what-ifs" In other words, it's just me thinking out loud.

How could you have "proof on her cell phone"...here's a thought...maybe this alleged rape was a while back and the "proof" she had was a pregnancy result picture...JF would definately have to make sure MC did not tell a soul...EVER!!

Welcome Miss J!!

Maybe she was able to hit the video function before it got too far.

It's possible. Any of you locals remember the situation with the Grant county coroner who basically kidnapped his coworker? She was able to surreptitiously turn on the video function on her cell and record the whole incident on audio, which in a large part led to his conviction IIRC.

I personally can see why a girl would confide to a couple of friends but not parents/boyfriend. Teens often use this roundabout way to get information of a hurtful nature out, it's just too hard to tell a person in authority or a person who might do something dangerous.

Of course all speculation.

I knew that. Maybe I misread. I thought the poster was talking about the spec house in Sunnyslope. My bad if not so. It's easy to skip things when trying to read fast!

This is along the lines of what I have suspected all along. This kind of thing does happen way more often then we are aware of. We like to think that if a mother knew she would leave, but you would be shocked about how many mothers deny it ever happening, or ask that it just be kept "hush hush". This could definitely be a strong motive for the crime. If JF started feeling pressure from MC it could very well be premeditated. At first I didn't think this was, but I am starting to really wonder.

Rapists play mind games. Some even stay in contact with their victim after the fact to try to brainwash them into believing that it was consentual. Our society portrays rape as always being a violent situation where women scream and fight. Any kind of unwanted sexual advance, whether you fight or not, is rape as long as you have made it clear you don't want to partake.

We all have different ways we respond to trauma. When a girl is raped but doesn't fight she often blames herself. She re thinks everything "maybe I could have said no louder, maybe I dressed a certain way that implied I wanted it, maybe it was my fault."

It's very possible that after it happened MC realized it was wrong and it wasn't her fault. She may have decided to stand up to JF. All that would need to be on her phone would be something like "You know you wanted it". Doesn't have to be a picture.

If you found out your 17 year old was raped you would be devistated.
If you found out that as a product of this rape you were going to be a grandmother, you would be even more devistated.

If you found out that your bf was the monster who did this you would:
A) Be like the majority of mothers and on the hunt to kill.
B) Be terrified for your own saftey.
C) Be in denial and decide your 17 yr old is lying. Choose to take your boyfriends side and do anything you can to keep her quiet.

I'm not saying WC took part in the murder, but if JF has her brainwashed enough it's very possible she deiced to be "loyal" and help anyway she can. Possibly providing keys or codes to homes?? Not because she *really* wanted to help, but she never wanted anyone to know what took place... In the past or that specific day.

This is all just my personal thoughts. Nothing is fact and based completely on rumors and "what-ifs" In other words, it's just me thinking out loud.

Very well put. Also, if JF really is this monster, he more than likely has a control over WC and she is, at the very least, emotionally abused and likely physically abused. Sadly, this scenario is not uncommon. MOO and speculation

No one has ever confirmed if the actual content of a text message can be retrieved from the cell company. I do not believe it can. I could be wrong though...

Contents of a text CAN be retrieved, however, pics or recordings, no. Possibly she set him up and recorded their conversation on her phone. At this point phone is obliterated. Smashed, chemicals applied and then torched. IMO...

This is just me of course - if my daughter came to me and said that she had been raped by my boyfriend, I would believe my daughter 1000% - that's because I would always believe my daughter if she told me something like this. That being said I would believe her because we have that kind of a relationship and she's not a drama queen and she doesn't make up lies (I'm not implying that MC did). I have no idea what kind of a relationship MC truly had with WC, nor do I actually know what kind of a young lady she was...all I know is that I truly hope she is resting in peace and that the SOB that did this to her is caught and strung up by the cahonies (sp). :furious:

Respectfully snipped by me.

Text messages can be saved and locked so that they don't delete with other messages. I have personally received text messages that I wanted for proof later on and hit the lock button.

It's possible she instigated a conversation getting him to talk about this or make comments and was saving them in hopes to turn him in or prove to someone, even mom, that it happened.

It also could have been something like someone provided a little alcohol and things got out of hand. At the time MC might not have said no, but when she was in the right state of mind she realized what happened wasn't ok. She could have been taken advantage of. Being a minor charges could have been pressed, even if she said yes. If it was agreed upon by both it would still be statutory rape. If a teenage girl told someone she confided in she might not use those terms, but just call it rape.

Again all just speculation and thinking out loud.

Observations:
  • There is no chain attached to the car. LE does not use chains to tow cars long-haul ... only to extract them from inaccessible areas. A flatbed is used to move evidence vehicles to an inspection garage or compound.

There is undeniably a chain attached from Mackenzie's car to the one in front of it. Picture shows it. I would hope that a rollback was used to carry Mackenzie's car to impound. But that photo clearly shows a chain attached from Mackenzie's car to the vehicle in front of it.

And the residue on the right rear of her car is caused from the engine burning motor oil, meaning that the engine probably has some worn rings. That engine residue attracts dust and dirt, causing it to stick around the exhaust area--the rear right. If the grime were equally distributed, then I might agree that it's just road grime.

Contents of a text CAN be retrieved, however, pics or recordings, no. Possibly she set him up and recorded their conversation on her phone. At this point phone is obliterated. Smashed, chemicals applied and then torched. IMO...

Pictures and videos can be saved into the cell phone online album-account. Maybe MC saved some?

I know you can record video's with sound. It usually takes a few windows to get to that feature, tho. Anyone?

Maybe she had something recorded. It does seem odd that the phone is gone. Records will reveal number's called, etc. But, I hadn't thought about the camera or video's that she might have had stored on it!

SPECULATION: Maybe MC had recorded JF threatening her in some way or had recorded a phone conversation between the two of them when he told her not to tell anyone. Then MC let WC listen to this recording as proof of what he did, WC confronted JF so then JF knew that MC had this recording and was about to go to the police.

JF could have insisted that what they did was consentual and that was what the whole conversation was about. Not knowing who to believe, WC wanted both of them in a room with her to sort out the facts from lies. When MC started telling her what happened, JF got mad and hurt her.

All speculation of course!

It's possible. Any of you locals remember the situation with the Grant county coroner who basically kidnapped his coworker? She was able to surreptitiously turn on the video function on her cell and record the whole incident on audio, which in a large part led to his conviction IIRC.

I personally can see why a girl would confide to a couple of friends but not parents/boyfriend. Teens often use this roundabout way to get information of a hurtful nature out, it's just too hard to tell a person in authority or a person who might do something dangerous.

girlfawkes...the Grant County Coroner comment jumps out at me. How long ago was this case, and were there any connections to Crescent Bar? I know this is slightly off topic, but something posted in an earlier thread rings a bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg