WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked several here and was told that her BF is 21, and they even knew his birth month. Based on what I was told (here) as to how long they had been dating, it was only a few months (3) shy of Statutory laws in WA. In other states it would have been illegal.

Her boyfriend is 21 and his initials are JV

Thanks for this. Do you have a link? The last article I saw that discussed the boyfriend, the article stated he was 17. This has always been very confusing for me.

Thanks,

Salem

Does anyone remember the date on which any rumor of the bag was first posted, whether it be here, in the newspapers or on any other web site?

If I've missed something and MC's bf has been ruled out as a suspect, please forgive this post, but I can't get over the text messages of simply "hey". Who does that? Also, I'm wondering who arranged the dinner that night between MC, the bf and her father? Did the bf show up without MC? If he did wouldn't that be odd? And if he did, were there attempts on his part to contact MC between the time of the "hey" and dinner?

As for locations of possible homicides, it could also include someone's car. MC could have gotten into someone's car, even if for a chance to talk with friends for a few minutes, and been attacked from behind (the newspaper released tonight that she had been strangled and stabbed in the neck, followed by blunt force trauma to her head). Then it is possible that her cell phone, but not MC, was taken to the boat launch and used to text "hey" as a signal the deed was done.

I also think that if this scenario occurred it involved girls. More than one.

There may be nothing to what I think I see in the WW photos, but here goes. Look at the pictures from MC's dance group practicing. All but two hands have the index finger pointed straight up. The other two appear to be pointing at each other. Also, look at the memorial, some members of her dance group are noticeable shaken, eyes sunken in sorrow, while others appear to be unaffected, almost jubilent. Body language during the dance is even more exaggerated for them and again, one of them appears to be pointing to someone in the audience. Is any of this significant? I don't know, but it appears out of place if nothing else.

If I were the police I would find a mother or a father who has lost a child to violence and have them go into the schools and speak to the classes about their loss. Someone knows something and maybe if they could empathize a "what if it were me" scenario someone would talk.

Does anyone remember the date on which any rumor of the bag was first posted, whether it be here, in the newspapers or on any other web site?

I don't remember when it was first stated on here, but I saw it on another website before it was mentioned anywhere on WS threads. On the website I saw it on, it was dated 2/13. Am I allowed to post the website link?

regarding the "hey" text, I actually see that alot on my teenagers phones. Most of there conversations start that way. I believe its just there way of seeing if the other person is available to chat?

Thanks for this. Do you have a link? The last article I saw that discussed the boyfriend, the article stated he was 17. This has always been very confusing for me.

Thanks,

Salem

You can google his name (if you know it) and you'll see that he graduated from Pateros HS in 2007.

Speculation: Perhaps the car - though not spotted until about 7pm - was dumped at PC closer to 5:40, the time of the "off" ping. The perp may have grabbed it from MC's purse as he/she exited the car.

I wish they'd tell us the location of that last ping!

Gangs rarely have knowledge of hidden duck blinds at crescent bar imo

I agree, however, if they knew about this house, for whatever reason, went there to leave her body and discovered the duck blind by sheer accident/luck, I believe it could be a possibility. Maybe they knew the people that lived there before, or they had recently partied up there and discovered it was vacant. There is no telling, obviously, at this point.

I know that gangs generally just shoot and run, but what about gangs that involve girls? If this was a jealousy type thing, it could very well have been planned out.

I'm just not ruling anything out at this point, even though I lean more heavily towards the theory about J.F. I think that is the strongest possibility I have agreed with, but it could possibly be something completely different.

Yes, now I feel like we are going in circles. I just want this solved, so her family can be a somewhat of a rest.

I don't know about posted, but I heard it orally within 2 days of her body being found.

Okay - I take offense at Capt. Jones statement that the information contained in the death certificate should have been with held from the public because it could have been used to identify the perp. What utter hogwash! It is a public document. If they intended to use this information to identify the perp - why did they file the death certificate? Why didn't they wait until they had a perp identified?

Silly.....

Salem

http://www.kpq.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1940

I sure would love to know *who* (Mac or her b/f) initiated that last text exchange. Sure would be nice to have that little factoid! (I'd also love to know if it began with "Hey, what's up" or just "Hey".)

Here is the article on kxly.com. I found this little piece interesting:
"No arrests have been made but investigators say they are optimistic it will happen and lead to a conviction."

http://www.kxly.com/news/22825758/detail.html

So as I expected, the news it out there in the other new outlets as well. I actually find it odd that it wasn't reported by them earlier than this, unless LE specifically asked that all Washington news outlets not report her COD.

A few threads back (3 or 4?) a certain someone, female I believe, who was there at the CB location waiting for LE to arrive, said she did in fact, see the bag over the head of MC, so I would say, if she is in fact telling the truth, that is no longer rumor but alleged fact, based on the testimony of a CB resident who was there that day.

This was printed in the last half hour, just further emphasizing the task forces' disapproval of the release of info today.....

I kind of think the task force is full of crap on this one. I mean really. It would have been a simple matter to have the death certificate temporarily sealed by a judge's order, and they didn't do so. I think the WW was more than accommodating to LE.

The comments on secrecy on KPQ? Jeeze. This has been going around for weeks, anyway. Most of us already "knew" that all these methods were employed in some fashion. And ruling out a false confession or including a suspect, goodness. There really isn't that much info there. No info on type of stabbing item, type of stab wounds or amount, no info on blunt force item or amount, no info on order of assault methods. No info on duration.

Okay - I take offense at Capt. Jones statement that the information contained in the death certificate should have been with held from the public because it could have been used to identify the perp. What utter hogwash! It is a public document. If they intended to use this information to identify the perp - why did they file the death certificate? Why didn't they wait until they had a perp identified?

Silly.....

Salem

Makes Jones & Co look silly. And inept. MOO

Just got caught up and a few things.

1) If indeed MC was getting drugs from CR it would be meth, not pot.

2) Kitten wrote that the knife apparently wasn't sold in this area. IRCC there was only one store that someone knew of stating they didn't sell that knife. If there is anything stating the other stores also reported not selling that type could you please let me know where that post is?

3) If LE really doesn't know the main crime scene maybe they released that info so the killer would return to it and try to clean it up more. That way if killer is under watch they would know.

I kind of think the task force is full of crap on this one. I mean really. It would have been a simple matter to have the death certificate temporarily sealed by a judge's order, and they didn't do so. I think the WW was more than accommodating to LE.

The comments on secrecy on KPQ? Jeeze. This has been going around for weeks, anyway. Most of us already "knew" that all these methods were employed in some fashion. And ruling out a false confession or including a suspect, goodness. There really isn't that much info there. No info on type of stabbing item, type of stab wounds or amount, no info on blunt force item or amount, no info on order of assault methods. No info on duration.

...and don't forget, no TOD!

ETA: Other than day found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members