WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know the status of the "R" brothers? IIRC, one was supposed to be released from jail on the 14th and the other on the 16th unless LE has a new reason to keep them longer.

The season actually ended January 31

Are you a hunter yourself ? If you are - as a hunter would you have left that many items when leaving your duck den ? As stated by Del Rio. Do hunters take items like sleeping bags,etc when duck hunting ?
My grandfather hunted all kinds of wild game and i don't ever remember taking sleeping bags. When leaving we never left anything behind - respect to the outdoors and mother earth.

why would someone take her cell and debit card? only someone close to her would of only took those items. i'm wondering maybe could of dropped them when she was being attacked or maybe she threw them out the window hoping someone would find them

There was a rumor of an attendee to an open tour of the spec house whom was 'very upset' by something she saw during the open house. It is rumored she informed LE. Beside a bloodied towel or footprint I'm willing to bet MC's debit and / or gas card(s) and / or keys were found at the spec house location.

As for MC's phone? I wonder if she had tossed it somewhere during the event, unnoticed by the killer?

I had an interesting conversation today with someone who has had work done in the past by JF. I asked his opinion on all of the speculation discussed here regarding JF. His response to me was "highly unlikely...too stupid to not be caught by now...not organized enough. Definitely a person with drug issues."
RUMOUR

It wa Del Rio that told us the shell casings were there, and that LE had no interest in them. I assumed at the time they might have interviewed him at the site, and he saw them. I agree that those casings were important, in that if we are dealing with a hunter that also discovered this blind ( on private property) that they too might have left shell casings behind. As it has been discussed, a good number of hunters pick up their shell casings, but had they left some behind as well it would indicate other people using the blind. I asked Del Rio if he saw any other spent shells during his hunts there, and he did not recall seeing any. That is not to say there weren't any there as shotguns eject spent shells, in some cases quite a ways, that might be overlooked when cleaning up. It is my experience that duck hunters favor a particular type of ammunition, and might have that same brand if you will in their possesion. If a POI had that same ammunition it would certainly curcumstantially tie that person to the site. As a result I would have collected everything. Just my opinion. Has LE ever said anything about shell casings? Or in fact that this was a duckblind?

del rio indicated those shotgun casings were his, that he'd left them from his most recent hunt.

Are you a hunter yourself ? If you are - as a hunter would you have left that many items when leaving your duck den ? As stated by Del Rio. Do hunters take items like sleeping bags,etc when duck hunting ?
My grandfather hunted all kinds of wild game and i don't ever remember taking sleeping bags. When leaving we never left anything behind - respect to the outdoors and mother earth.

yes I do hunt ducks. Never brought a sleeping bag with me, just the necessities. I know for a fact that there were times though that I did not manage to clean up all of the spent shell casings even with the same respect for the outdoors that you allude to.

I had an interesting conversation today with someone who has had work done in the past by JF. I asked his opinion on all of the speculation discussed here regarding JF. His response to me was "highly unlikely...too stupid to not be caught by now...not organized enough. Definitely a person with drug issues."
RUMOUR

Well then in my opinion he fits because I believe LE has known since the beginning who did this and is just waiting for everything they need to make sure they can convict the piece of crap that did it.

There was a rumor of an attendee to an open tour of the spec house whom was 'very upset' by something she saw during the open house. It is rumored she informed LE. Beside a bloodied towel or footprint I'm willing to bet MC's debit and / or gas card(s) and / or keys were found at the spec house location.

As for MC's phone? I wonder if she had tossed it somewhere during the event, unnoticed by the killer?

that would be interesting if there was blood in that house. that would mean the car was parked after the murder.??? maybe she was picked up where car was parked????? who knows:banghead: then who would have a key or a code?????

yes I do hunt ducks. Never brought a sleeping bag with me, just the necessities. I know for a fact that there were times though that I did not manage to clean up all of the spent shell casings even with the same respect for the outdoors that you allude to.

I was not alluding anything other than facts when hunting as a kid. What i was questioning was the use of sleeping bag and then leaving it and not returning for two week ? Excuse me if you thought my concern were the shell casings. Misunderstanding

I was not alluding anything other than facts when hunting as a kid. What i was questioning was the use of sleeping bag and then leaving it and not returning for two week ? Excuse me if you thought my concern were the shell casings. Misunderstanding

Actually, Del Rio said it was an air mattress that he was pretty sure was punctured.

Strangulation.
Blunt-force trauma.
Stabbing.

Would only one perp perform all those methods, or was it a free-for-all revenge attack on MC, with each perp performing their own unique revenge?

Unlikely to have been multiple perps since the attack was concentrated to her neck, up. I expect multiple perps would to have attacked her entire body or at least to have incorporated more than just her neck / head ... unless ...

... the perps wanted to leave as little forensic evidence as possible and were instructed to only focus on her head ... which also might have been covered with a bag?

But if it was only one perp, and it was someone whom she knew quite well, that could explain the focus ... initial intimacy almost always is face-centric, i.e.: eye communication, kissing.

Perhaps the murder occurred during an intimate moment between MC and the perp .. what could have occurred then that would have enraged the perp to such a degree so as to cause him to unleash such violence?

Was it simply, 'No, don't!'?

RUMOUR

And if you think about it, he just may be caught and LE may just be awaiting foresic evidence such as DNA, etc.

My guess is still that LE is tying up loose ends.

If this was someone at large, they'd have the community on "high alert", yet they practically go out of their way to reassure folks there is not much of a threat and that this was a "one time" type deal. To me, this says a lot.

And if you think about it, he just may be caught and LE may just be awaiting foresic evidence such as DNA, etc.

My guess is still that LE is tying up loose ends.

If this was someone at large, they'd have the community on "high alert", yet they practically go out of their way to reassure folks there is not much of a threat and that this was a "one time" type deal. To me, this says a lot.

I still believe there was more than one. The other was probably the brains of the outfit?

No worries. As I recall he moved from his covered spot to another to continue hunting and did not return to get his stuff. He probably figured that his spot was pretty much out of the way and he could pick up up on a subsquent trip...

Where did a sleeping bag come into this scenario?

Ozz; I had an interesting conversation today with someone who has had work done in the past by JF. I asked his opinion on all of the speculation discussed here regarding JF. His response to me was "highly unlikely...too stupid to not be caught by now...not organized enough. Definitely a person with drug issues."
RUMOUR

What kind of work did JF do for this person?

I'm thinking out loud...

Do we have an idea what JF's schedule was like the week or two before Mackenzie was murdered? I've been looking for permits and such but I'm not very web sleuthy..

Did he have a routine, places he frequented? (example: coffee at Denny's before at work)

Did he work primarily in the area or did he travel?

My humble apology if any of this has been covered already..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!