WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the status of the R brothers who are in jail and who some have speculated may have a connection with JF? IIRC one was to be released on the 14th and the other on the 16th. Someone from WS called the jail and was told of the release dates and said something to the effect of "unless we find another reason to keep them longer". I'm not brave enough to call the jail. Anyone???

Also - I can usually figure out the abreviations in these posts, but BBM has me stumped! :waitasec:

I didn't realize until I read the link below that Mr. H (found the car on PC near his home) is also into construction..Does anyone else find it kinda odd that so many players in this case are?

http://wbjtoday.com/blog/newly-registered-contractors-published-july-2009/292/

That H- SH, is a relative. Not sure which, not one of the sons I know that much.

RH owns that property where the car was and is a rancher. Has cattle up there, among other things.

But, good catch. Who knows, maybe the person was familar with the proerty somehow? Still seems like a poor place to hide a car unless one didnt care about it being found and just wanted to be rid of it fast.

And if you think about it, he just may be caught and LE may just be awaiting foresic evidence such as DNA, etc.

My guess is still that LE is tying up loose ends.

If this was someone at large, they'd have the community on "high alert", yet they practically go out of their way to reassure folks there is not much of a threat and that this was a "one time" type deal. To me, this says a lot.

i get home around 2 or 3 in the morning and i never fealt like the cops are watching. when i drive by the cops they seem to have it together

There is so much information coming in who can keep track? I have eaten my share of crow on this site as more than once I have been wrong!

LOL, take it from someone who knows from experience, it probably won't be your last dish of crow here. :p There are worse things in life and nobody's always going to be right. Right or wrong doesn't matter, if no one put their theories, speculations and opinions 'out there' we sure wouldn't get very far would we? ..Most importantly most everyone here is here for one reason, to try and find anything that we can to help bring Mackenzies killer(s) to justice..

I have a great respect for people that can admit when they are wrong anyway, tells me much about their character FWIW.

oops I forgot to post the call!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10C01389 HARASS/THREAT 15:45:24 02/16/10 RISDON LEE ACT

xxxxxx

REQ PH CALL
DAUGHTER IS BEING HARASSED AT HOME & AT CASCADE HIGHSCHOOL SINCE FRI 2-12.
SUSP/ HAS BEEN TEXTING (30+) & THREATS TO BEAT HER UP. BELIEVE

oops I forgot to post the call!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10C01389 HARASS/THREAT 15:45:24 02/16/10 RISDON LEE ACT

xxxxxx

REQ PH CALL
DAUGHTER IS BEING HARASSED AT HOME & AT CASCADE HIGHSCHOOL SINCE FRI 2-12.
SUSP/ HAS BEEN TEXTING (30+) & THREATS TO BEAT HER UP. BELIEVE

I think I have done a good job of keeping up... until now... what is this in reference to?

BBM = Bolded by me

Oh, come on you guys - BBM - anyone? Please? What's it mean? It's driving me nuts!

Yikes - overlapped - thanks Liz! :)

Sorry I know I was a little behind, and tired but here is the link to the call that came in on the 13th It just made me think about the case and girls etc. Hope I am making sense.

Between running errands and doing a little fishing today, took some time to do some sleuthing out and about in the area.

Found some intersting things...

First of all, can anyone recall if a picture has been posted of the exact spot off the road the car was located? I ask because there are two lots right next to each other at the end of PCR. I drove up there tonight, and found something interesting- there is a huge, bright street light that shines out on the road and illuminates the front part of the stock lot where implements and materials are sitting. It lights up the lot, the road and the mailboxes. Looks like it is not new, either.

Further up, about 100 yards, there is another lot, on the same side off the road (left if heading up) leading back to some hay and a farm implement of some type. Not really a lot, just a turn off before heading up the hill to RHs home. It's a bit darker there but still the entrace is illuminated.

And, there are at least 30 homes lining the road up to the parking spot. Most have good views of the road.

Not a well thought out place to dump the car. Not nearly as secluded as would be thought. That light is BRIGHT! It is not dark where the car was left.

This all plays into a theoty I'm working on. After driving to and from CB, sidetracking out in the Palisades - a place NO ONE has mentioned that I know of being the one place in the valley where there is NO cell service whatsoever- and then buzzing up to PCR, I'm just now getting in

A few other things, for what they are worth:

In moderate traffic this afternoon- 24 minutes from stoplight at Columbia River Bridge to being parked in driveway of CB house.

In light/moderate traffic this evening- 31 minutes from driveway of CB house to driving up, turning around and parking car in RHs lot up PCR

Cell phone coverage was better than it had been previously- Was able to keep coverage and maintain a call until Grant County Line. At this exact spot, 0 bars and lost call. Sporadic, 1 bar down to house. Could not keep a call on line. 0 bars in driveway of house, the 3, then 0. Very erratic service.

Heading back, same sporadic service until crossing mile marker 22- Douglas/Grant line at RR underpass. Service stays deecent most of way in.

2 miles in on Palisades road- no service whatsoever. Drove in 10+ miles- never got service.

I'm not sure if this means much. Just some findings.

And, it was weird being at the CB home. Parked, got out of car for about 30 seconds. Walked towards pond with volleyball net across, saw painted line on ground. Looked around and just didn't like being there. Was going to look more, as the real estate sign is up, it is vacant and I wouldn't consider checking out a home for sale as trespassing, but it just didn't seem right.

Seeing the place really inhanced the images Del's photos and postings had established.

I've been to CB a handful of times in past couple years and I never would have noticed the place if I didn't know it was there. Never noticed before. It is VERY secluded. Unless one is on the property or walking the river one would never see anything located there.

Great info!

The lot where the car was left was the lower one, with the mailboxes, right before the steep hill. The WW ran a pic in one of the articles. It's right where the pavement ends.

Most likely the car was parked at dusk, I've been up there around 6ish the week after she disappeared and didn't notice the light. Maybe it's activated by darkness.

You're braver than me. I've driven by CB 4 times in the last few weeks and couldn't get the guts to stop. Just felt creepy as hell.

10C01381 SUSPICIOUS 12:01:21 02/16/10 MUTCH DOMINIC ACT

xxxxxx

SUSP PERSON WALKING DOWN THE ROAD, SLIGHT BUILD, "GRUNGY LOOKING" WEARING
STOCKING DK COLOR CAP, CARRYING RED BACKPACK NEAR THE COMPTON RESIDENCE
12:02:03 02/16/2010 - VANBUSKIRK R
where is this area?

10C01384 PARKING/ABANDON 13:44:54 02/16/10 HOLVE WENDELL ACT

REFUSED TO GIVE INFORMATION,

AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CANYON BY THE NEWSPAPER BOXES, A RED HONDA CIVIC HATCHBACK
UNK LIC SITTING UNOCCUPIED, RP SAID IT IS A STRANGE PLACE FOR A CAR TO BE
SITTING, BUT IS NOT IMPEDING TRAFFIC AT ALL, RP JUST THOUGHT IT WAS SUSP.
which canyon???

I went to the Crescent Bar property
and walked around and looked at the exact area where the body was found so I would be more than happy to answer any questions about it. I believe that the beach is public property but the bushes where the duck blind was, are on private property. For those of you who didn't see my post at the time, I wanted to link it:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, missing 2/9/10, Orondo/Wenatchee #6

:fish: :fish: :fish:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member