WA WA - Maureen Kelly, 19, Skamania County, 10 June 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:seeya:
Woman wearing only fanny pack missing in WA forest

A search and rescue operation is underway for a woman wearing nothing but a fanny pack in the woods of Skamania County in southwest Washington.

Skamania County Undersheriff Dave Cox said a friend reported the 19-year-old Vancouver woman missing in the early morning hours of Monday.

snipped

The woman was only wearing a fanny pack, which had a small knife and a compass inside, and perhaps some other items. She was otherwise naked and, though it was a mild night, she was not prepared for the elements.

snipped

The campground is located in Gifford Pinchot National Forest and it's about 60 miles northeast of Portland.

http://www.kptv.com/story/22548141/search-on-for-missing-woman-at-washington-campground

Now that is a headline you would never see in this country! Fanny has a very different meaning here!

After searching for Kelly all day Monday without success, teams suspended their search at 8 p.m. Monday and planned to resume again at 8 a.m. Tuesday, Cox said.

snipped

Search crews said Kelly crossed a creek and climbed up to Forest Road 54, on the other side of the canyon from the campground.

“Where she entered the creek is amazingly steep. It’s called Canyon Creek Campground for a reason,” said Sharon Ward, with Pacific Crest Search Dogs. “It’s very, very steep. So how she got down there barefoot is a wonder. And how she came up out of the bottom is a wonder.”

Ward said Kelly’s tracks stopped on the paved road, so search crews spent much of the day trying to find where she may have left the pavement and entered the woods.

It is unknown whether she may be on a road or trail in the area or if she is moving cross country.

http://q13fox.com/2013/06/10/woman-wearing-only-fanny-pack-missing-in-forest/#ixzz2VurYNQNu

naked1.jpg

Carl Click ‏@CarlClickKATU 19m
Skamania County (WA) searchers resume looking for 19-yr old missing since Sunday on "spiritual quest." Updates today #liveonk2

Paige Cornwell ‏@pgcornwell 6m Seattle Times
On her Facebook page, missing Washington hiker Maureen Kelly's job is listed as "guru at spreading the love."

Lord, please don't let a crazy sick perverted b@$7@rd have come across her. What a temptation she would've been running around like that. I sound like someone's mother right now but I don't even care, moms are often right!

Lord, please don't let a crazy sick perverted b@$7@rd have come across her. What a temptation she would've been running around like that. I sound like someone's mother right now but I don't even care, moms are often right!

I had the same thought, plus the concern that all the media attention, using a similar headline, will draw even more sick-o's to the area to "assist" in the search.

Maureen's story has gone national.

Officials: Missing Wash. Woman's 'Survivability Factor' at Risk

Undersheriff Dave Cox told ABC News friends of Kelly's who were with her at the campsite expected her to return within a few hours. While she did not indicate when she would return, her friends called the sheriff's office just after midnight Monday morning to report her missing.

snipped

"She had talked about doing this spiritual quest for evidently quite some time," he said. "The folks that she was with, they felt that this was something she needed to do."

snipped

"It's a rough remote area with a lot of timber and brush," he said. "It's going to be a tough go for her, especially with no shoes."

The search had to be called off Monday night at 8 p.m. due to hazardous conditions, but resumed this morning, Cox said.

Cox said the weather has interfered with the search. A thick cloud covering is preventing helicopters from scanning the Canyon Creek area for signs of Kelly, limiting rescue crews to search on land only.

Temperatures also have dropped since Kelly's disappearance, Cox said. While the temperature was in the mid-70s on Sunday, it has since fallen more than 20 degrees.

snipped

Cox said that weather conditions would play into Kelly's "survivability factor."

"As this progresses, we get a little more concerned," he said. "Especially because she doesn't have any clothing, hypothermia can set in a lot quicker."

Cox said search and rescue volunteers found bare footprints that appeared to be the same size as Kelly's foot, but it was unclear whether or not they belonged to her. K9 units brought into the Canyon Creek area were unable to locate Kelly as of Monday night.

While it was "a little bit unusual" for a 19-year-old to leave a campsite nude, save for a fanny pack, Cox said there was no indication that she was on drugs at the time of her disappearance.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-wa...ked-fanny-pack/story?id=19375288#.UbdzrfmbMSM

You ask a question, TheCheese finds the answer within a few hours. This is getting to be like a game - find a question TC can't find the answer to.

I'm going to call you Google Mc Cheese, because you're like a custom, human search engine for missing persons - we put in a query and you spit out the answer.

You ask a question, TheCheese finds the answer within a few hours. This is getting to be like a game - find a question TC can't find the answer to.

I'm going to call you Google Mc Cheese, because you're like a custom, human search engine for missing persons - we put in a query and you spit out the answer.

Oh my God I love Google McCheese for a name! hahaha! :floorlaugh:

And thank you for your kind compliments, GGE. I really appreciate it. I only wish :please: I could find some answers for these people, especially the complicated and long term cases :(

At the time of my post we did not have a name, the thread title was just "naked woman on spiritual quest", hence my comment.

I hope I didn't offend you!
What a strange case. I just can't wrap my 60 year old head around what this girl was/is thinking.

What a strange case. I just can't wrap my 60 year old head around what this girl was/is thinking.

Not offended, just realized when you posted that, that the thread title had been changed to reflect the name of the "missing naked woman on spiritual quest", which then made my comment make me sound a tad nitwitty, and since for a rare change I wasn't REALLY being nitwitted (which I'm prone to, I admit) I thought I'd take the opportunity to point out that I was paying attention when I posted that, I swear! :seeya:

Not offended, just realized when you posted that, that the thread title had been changed to reflect the name of the "missing naked woman on spiritual quest", which then made my comment make me sound a tad nitwitty, and since for a rare change I wasn't REALLY being nitwitted (which I'm prone to, I admit) I thought I'd take the opportunity to point out that I was paying attention when I posted that, I swear! :seeya:

Then it's WS fault! :floorlaugh: Both of us could not be nitwitted at the same time!
Wonder if there's any news? I'll check.

I can't wrap my 30 year old head around it.
:waitasec:

The search for a 19-year-old woman wearing nothing but a fanny pack in the woods of Washington state will be suspended until the end of the week.

Skamania County deputies said search operations would be stopped at 8 p.m. Tuesday.

snipped

There is no set timeline for resuming the search mission.

"Twelve 4x4 Search teams searched the area again today and we were unable to locate Ms. Kelly," said Sheriff Dave Brown. "They found nothing that is related to this search and rescue mission. We will have deputies continue to check the area for the next couple of days and at that time we will reevaluate our options if Ms. Kelly does not return from her spiritual quest".

http://www.kptv.com/story/22548141/...pground?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Has there been anything in MSM about the person/people she was with when last seen? (Not asking for names or anything against ToS.) Was it a man/woman/group of friends? Did anyone try to stop or go with her?

It's COLD in the area today. I needed a jacket and pants this afternoon. I can't imagine being out in the mountains with no clothes or shoes...

Wow, suprised she hasn't been found yet or turned up....

very unsettling that she may have made it to the road but can't track scent further?

is she really stark naked??? or "naked" but wearing underwear and/or bra? so strange, it was pouring rain in Seattle this morning

getting concerned for this girl, I don't want to think what an unsavory type motorist would do if they saw her along the road, very scary

who else was with her? what friends would let her do this?

It's COLD in the area today. I needed a jacket and pants this afternoon. I can't imagine being out in the mountains with no clothes or shoes...

I always say it's not "summer" in WA until July 5th, even still in the summer it gets cold at night in the area she might be in

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back