WA WA - Maureen Kelly, 19, Skamania County, 10 June 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looking at her FB, it is not out of the question to me that she walked away naked. JMO

Yes, now having seen that I am inclined to agree. A very beautiful and talented girl with good intentions. I am hoping that an animal spirit guide helps her through this, assuming she wasn't taken on the road. What she is attempting has been done in a similar fashion by indigenous people in many places. The only difference is that they already had knowledge of how to find food and shelter.

This is not going to end well... IMO they need to keep searching

KOIN News ‏@KOINNews 21h
Friends want officials to resume the search for a naked woman missing in Canyon Creek http://tinyurl.com/k57drrt

“Don’t give up on her please,” her friend Alex Scory told KOIN 6 News. “Just keep searching. Do not give up on her.”

Scory and another friend, Kiana Haynes, were planning to go on the “spiritual quest” with Kelly — or Anu, as they call her — and said she went to “completely let go of her ego.”

But she left the Canyon Creek campground north of Yacolt around 5 p.m. Sunday without telling them.

“She invited us on this quest with her, but she didn’t let us know before she left,” Haynes said. Her friends said she intended to head west into the forest.

“She went out there with nothing but a compass and a knife and a fanny pack,” Scory said. “It’s very strange, but she went out on a mission, a huge mission.”

The mission, they said, was to free herself from her ego and connect with nature.

snipped

“She was a spiritual person when I first met her,” Haynes told KOIN 6 News. “I just felt that spiritual energy and she believes that when we are born we are naked and we are more in contact with the world.”

But now they are very concerned.

“It’s very hard to even sit here and try to speak about it right now,” Scory said. “I wasn’t even worried at first, it’s so overwhelming. I don’t know what to do about it. No idea what to do right now.”

She does like a very nice person from her FB

I think they should keep searching to!

Even though they say there's no indication of drugs involved, I can't help but wonder if this was an ayahuasca thing. Maybe her "friends" didn't want to admit it or maybe she didn't tell them.

I have a hard time believing drugs were not invloved, especially with her recent court experience.

I am not convinced that the friends are telling the truth about any of this. It is very easy to make claims about a person's state of mind, actions or intentions when that person is not around to speak for herself.

MOO

I'm still surprised this case isn't getting more attention than it is, and that they called off the search so quickly. Strange.

Maybe I am naive, but I see no reason not to believe that she went on this "quest". As far as searching, if her scent was tracked up to the main road, it would be difficult to decide where to search, IMO.

Looking through her facebook page it seems she really started embracing the "spiritual, hippy type" culture recently. If you look back at her photos she dressed like a normal teen but recently (especially her profile pic) she really has gone into that lifestyle. I'd say she always has had this side but has REALLY embraced it more recently. There is an ode to her best friend where she mentions that she wasn't happy and had maybe had hard times but her friend directed her onto the right path.

I too think drugs were involved...........as one who knows from past experience what people look like when they are stoned, she is most definitely stoned in a couple of her photos and I would say so in her DP as well.

However as someone mentioned above there are stronger drugs than marajiauna, especially hallucogenic ones that are very popular with people wanting to experience their more spiritual side...

I though would not even like to have set of into the forest naked without any shoes after smoking strong weed!!!!!!

I would think that if you're on a bucknaked spiritual hippy shindig in the woods that hallucinogens are involved. Mushrooms, LSD, Peyote, and the like. FWIW, most of the more potent hallucinogens don't show up on drug tests, IIRC.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2013/jun/11/search-missing-naked-vancouver-woman-continues-tod/

One of the comments made on the above article is from a friend of her brother who said that she did a lot of drugs in the past but has been sober the last year. But obviously since she didn't pass the drug test, she's still using something.
I'm in my 20s, and among a lot of the more "free-spirited" people I know who are around my age, marijuana hardly counts as a drug at all. I think they'd find it totally reasonable to say that a person was "sober" even though he or she used marijuana regularly.

It was cold again today and yesterday.

I don't understand why it matters if she was om drugs or not. Drunk people go missing all the time and that does not seem to hamper the level of interest or concern. She is 19, alone, and needs to be found.

I don't understand why it matters if she was om drugs or not. Drunk people go missing all the time and that does not seem to hamper the level of interest or concern. She is 19, alone, and needs to be found.

It doesn't matter. I think people (myself included) are just trying to wrap their heads around why a young woman would head out NAKED and SHOELESS into such intense terrain. Alone! We see case after case here where even the most avid, well prepared hikers get injured or take a wrong turn and get lost. Drugs, alcohol, mental illness or just poor decisions, either way she just needs to be found.

Anyone else reminded of Chris McCandless?

Maybe it is me, but I am not really shocked that a free-spirited young woman who presents herself as such and as one with nature, etc, would do this. But I did think she would probably have been found, or returned on her own by now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back