WA WA - Olympia, WhtFem 20-30, UP8886, cranium & bones in wooded area, sticks & shoelace cross, Oct'81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As far as I can see they can all be compared because they have DNA available in their case files. Laurie partridge and Rita jolly are in codis. Some don’t have dentals available.

Maybe Marla Jean Thomas, missing since 1974 from Anacortes, Skagit County, Washington, 22 years old.

Marla Jean Thomas – The Charley Project

Maybe her DNA is in CODIS, she is not in Namus as far that I know...(didn't search under the Crabtree yet)

Last edited:
Yes maybe, she fits in the age range. I thought it was Donna Manson because the bones were found in Olympia which is the sight of her disappearance. Manson is a confirmed Ted Bundy victim.

It could be any of these missing girls. They all disappeared in the range of the UIDs time of death.

Yes maybe, she fits in the age range. I thought it was Donna Manson because the bones were found in Olympia which is the sight of her disappearance. Manson is a confirmed Ted Bundy victim.

There are a few thing that are bothering me...the missing of her remains...for one..but if I recall correctly Ted Bundy had a habit of putting different clothes on his victims. The parents of Mss. Manson said they didn't recognize the yellow sweater. One other thing is that there was a crudely made cross. Can't get it in to my head that a serial killer would put something with his victim grave...he was very crazy...but no...What's your opinion/thought on that. It's so sad Manson is not properly identified.....

Doe Network page case
1477UFWA

1477UWA - Unidentified Female
No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Date of Discovery: October 19, 1981
Location of Discovery: Olympia, Thurston County, Washington
Estimated Date of Death: 2 years prior
State of Remains: Partial skeletal
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 20-30 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: A "crude" cross made of sticks and a shoelace was found near the area of the remains.

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent's cranium and three bone fragments were discovered at a dumping site in the woods in Olympia, Washington.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: King County Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Katherine Taylor
Agency Phone Number: 206-731-3232
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 81-2244-10

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 8886

Information Source(s)
NamUs

Doe Network page case
1477UFWA

1477UWA - Unidentified Female
No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Date of Discovery: October 19, 1981
Location of Discovery: Olympia, Thurston County, Washington
Estimated Date of Death: 2 years prior
State of Remains: Partial skeletal
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 20-30 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: A "crude" cross made of sticks and a shoelace was found near the area of the remains.

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent's cranium and three bone fragments were discovered at a dumping site in the woods in Olympia, Washington.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: King County Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Katherine Taylor
Agency Phone Number: 206-731-3232
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 81-2244-10

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 8886

Information Source(s)
NamUs
Ahh yes. I submitted her months ago. I have to fix the DNA part of it because she has DNA

There are a few thing that are bothering me...the missing of her remains...for one..but if I recall correctly Ted Bundy had a habit of putting different clothes on his victims. The parents of Mss. Manson said they didn't recognize the yellow sweater. One other thing is that there was a crudely made cross. Can't get it in to my head that a serial killer would put something with his victim grave...he was very crazy...but no...What's your opinion/thought on that. It's so sad Manson is not properly identified.....

That's a good point about the cross. I think the cross indicates a feeling of remorse or guilt, or that the killer had a close connection to the victim. A psychopath would probably not make a cross to mark her resting place. This woman was probably acquainted with whoever killed her.

Ahh yes. I submitted her months ago. I have to fix the DNA part of it because she has DNA
Jane Doe's DoeNetwork page has been updated, but the only thing that's been changed, as far as I can see, is the estimated date of death, which has gone from being just two years prior to discovery to somewhere between 1969-1979.
DNA is still "unknown".

1477UFWA

Jane Doe's DoeNetwork page has been updated, but the only thing that's been changed, as far as I can see, is the estimated date of death, which has gone from being just two years prior to discovery to somewhere between 1969-1979.
DNA is still "unknown".

1477UFWA
I’m hoping DNA Doe Project takes this case at some point

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member