WA WA - Olympia, WhtFem 20-30, UP8886, cranium & bones in wooded area, sticks & shoelace cross, Oct'81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
View attachment 341684
Can't speak to how common this is in the Jewish community, but I know I have some of this in my own matches. I can imagine that would be frustrating when trying to do genealogy.

That is standard for everybody of full Ashkenazi heritage. It is a killer and makes genealogy so hard. Also there are the same surnames and often first names over and over again by sometimes more distant relatives. And you just have tens of thousands of people who share tiny parts of your dna because of thousand years of endogamy. Name changes upon immigration or change of rulership do not make it easier.

You can bypass endogamy if you happen to find a match at very close distance (id estimate up to 2nd cousin), anything further than that is virtually unsolveable.
So i hope that is what they found in her case.

Oh man. Endogamy is a killer, stalling genealogy efforts so badly. I wish her and all the other Jewish does get their names back. Along with the nonjewish does where endogamy also plays a big part, like with e.g. our Mexican does.
I hope that in the future we will have a better solution how to tell the different intertwined lineages apart.

Possible match? the couple planned to sail from Hawaii to Washington state:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Could it be Cordelia McMinn?

I shouldn't think it's her. Cordelia likely went missing in a sailing accident. Her husband also went missing at the same time and has never been heard from again.
They had a 25ft boat with sails, which doesn't really sound adequate enough to sail across the Pacific from Hawaii to Washington State comfortably, considering some of the weather and rough conditions that can be found there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back