GUILTY Wa - Pat Shunn, 45, & Monique Patenaude, 46, Arlington, 11 April 2016 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The kids are old enough to have checks written out to them, so I think they have been exposed to many hillbilly birdbrainisms.... just commenting, not sleuthing
Wasn't sure of age. Ugh I hope not :/

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Given your knowledge and expertise as a SAR, have you been involved in (or know of) a case where the deceased were hoisted in an attempt to elude discovery?

I'm not aware of any.

I hope Patrick and Monique are found before the suspects are brought back to WA. The thought of a plea deal is lingering. In exchange for a lessor sentence one would have to divulge where the victims can be located. To bargain with a criminal is a no-win situation for anyone, IMO.

I'm not aware of any.
It just makes no plausible sense to my inquiring mind to hoist something to hide it. Normally If you want to hide it it needs to go below water or subterranean or maybe hidden in a sealed barrel so odor is hidden as well. To greatly increase height would make items visible from a distance. I think our MacGyver minds need a break. I am guessing small parts are devoured by many animals in different parts of the county/state. Fingers and skulls buried deep. One brother worked construction and they had a few days head start so maybe some fresh concrete project was being poured

Bumping this thread up to page 1......
Thanks Blondie
attachment.php
for your clear explanation and for teaching me a few things. Maybe they should offer Forum 101. Thanks again

Attachments

• High 5.jpg
    High 5.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 436
It's gotten awfully quiet......

It's gotten awfully quiet......
k
I guess there is a lull in the investigation and that we may just as well relax and let life happen until the next step.
attachment.php

Attachments

• chill and let life happen.jpg
    chill and let life happen.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 355
I am following several cases currently here on WS and there is a lull in all of them simultaneously :( I am sure LE appreciates the dullness. The hot car baby incident Justin Ross Harris trial should start this week if they complete the difficult voir' dire. They anticipate a sequestered jury for approx 6 week trial which should keep my legal drama mind entertained.

I am following several cases currently here on WS and there is a lull in all of them simultaneously :(

Me too and totally agree!
Quiet before the storm I guess....

Detectives spoke with the neighbor the couple is suing. He said he found a shotgun in his garage that didn’t belong to him. He also said that Reed was familiar with the garage. The gun was loaded with shells similar to ones found in Reed’s former bedroom, court papers said.

soo, let me get this straight :thinking: the detectives spoke to the neighbor that the couple is suing over land, who aren't the reeds, isnt that correct? are there more people this couple is suing than just JR or am i missing something? :thinking:

soo, let me get this straight :thinking: the detectives spoke to the neighbor that the couple is suing over land, who aren't the reeds, isnt that correct? are there more people this couple is suing than just JR or am i missing something? :thinking:

Patrick & Monique were not suing John Reed, rather reported him as squatting on his former property and also tried to get a restraining order in January against him but a Judge dismissed the case.

Here's who is named in the lawsuit which was scheduled on April 6th however was cancelled by one of the defendants.
image.jpg

Patrick & Monique were not suing John Reed, rather reported him as squatting on his former property and also tried to get a restraining order in January against him but a Judge dismissed the case.

Here's who is named in the lawsuit which was scheduled on April 6th however was cancelled by one of the defendants.
>Snipped image<

According to Patrick and Monique's former attorney, the chose not to sue Reed out of a desire not to upset him. I suppose if they had sued him he might have taken revenge earlier, if reporting him as a squatter turns out to be what set him off. JMO

When they sued other neighbors over a property dispute more than two years ago, they avoided naming him as a defendant because they didn't want to irk him, their former lawyer said Monday.

"They weren't looking forward to any kind of conflict with Mr. Reed," the couple's former lawyer, Thomas Adams, said Monday. "They didn't want to provoke any kind of an issue with him."

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...-believe-missing-washington-couple-was-killed

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back