WA WA - Pierce Co, Weyerhaeuser Public Hunting land, Fem 20-30, UP5665, clothes & left shoe, Dec'76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

915UFWA - Unidentified Female

NO IMAGE

Date of Discovery: December 11, 1976
Location of Discovery: Pierce County, Washington
Estimated Date of Death: 4 months to 2 years prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Cause of Death: Unknown, no obvious signs of violence

Physical Description

Estimated Age: 20-30 years old
Race: Unknown
Height: 5'6
Weight: Unknown, but with a slender build.
Hair Color: Auburn or dark brown, 14-17" in length.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers

Dentals: Available. Tooth #1 enamel pearl, #18 has an occlusal amalgam, #19 MODFL amalgam, #31 distal drift, #30 extracted years prior. Compared to several missing persons with no match.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Not available.

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Fragments of clothing include a greenish-blue jacket, red or rust colored denim jeans, nylon panties, nylon stocking material, and the bottom of a tennis or boating left shoe (size 6 or 7) was found nearby.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery

A pheasant hunter found the skeletal remains of the victim in heavy underbrush on Weyerhaeuser Public Hunting land east of McKenna. The victim was located a quarter-mile south of state Route 702 and two miles west of state Route 7.

On Jan. 11, 1977, the remains were placed in the Sheriff's property room. Two years and five days later, the skeleton was slated for destruction and was put in the Tacoma landfill.

Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Pierce County Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Amber Larkins
Agency Phone Number: 253-798-6494
Agency Email: amber.larkins@piercecountywa.gov
Agency Case Number: 20-477

Agency Name: Pierce County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 253-798-7516
Agency Case Number: 76-20879

NCIC Case Number: U840023732
NamUs Case Number: UP #5665 Former Hot Case Number: 951

Information Source(s)

NamUs
The News Tribune Archive (12/2/96)
Seattle PI News Archive

Has Laurie Lynn Patridge been ruled out? Seen in Spokane. Likely was abducted. Was last seen wearing a blue jacket with a hood, and also last seen wearing burgundy pants. Not sure if the shoes match though, google has been unkind to me today.

Would love to rule her out.

Has Laurie Lynn Patridge been ruled out?

Could someone post the list of NamUs exclusions for this Jane Doe?
Zero ruleouts in NamUs.
ETA
According to Doe Network they only have dental records on file for the deceased, so all potential matches will need to be compared manually.
ETA
I would recommend contacting Amber Larkins to submit potential matches. Her email is amber.larkins@piercecountywa.gov
ETA
According to Doe Network Laurie has dental records on file. I will email amber and ask for this match to be looked into.

Sorry for all the edits. I'm having technical difficulties this AM

Last edited:
Zero ruleouts in NamUs.
ETA
According to Doe Network they only have dental records on file for the deceased, so all potential matches will need to be compared manually.
ETA
I would recommend contacting Amber Larkins to submit potential matches. Her email is amber.larkins@piercecountywa.gov
ETA
According to Doe Network Laurie has dental records on file. I will email amber and ask for this match to be looked into.

Sorry for all the edits. I'm having technical difficulties this AM
Depending on how often the info gets updated, that officer may no longer be working in that department or at all. Older cases don't always get contact info updated.

Depending on how often the info gets updated, that officer may no longer be working in that department or at all. Older cases don't always get contact info updated.
Yeah but I still think it would be good to try.

I hope that you can try to contact Amber to ask about the information on the case and if she is still in charge of the Pierce County Jane Doe case, and obviously if they are still on the case the possible match with Laurie Partridge would have to be sent to her.

Unfortunately that very well may be the case.
They mention that DNA associated the cranium to the mandible. I wonder where the DNA sample ended up. Her remains were disposed of in 1979. Would they have even collected DNA back then?
I'm going to inquire about this as well

Thanks for emailing Amber. I have been thinking this might be her for a few days while I was looking into a few things. Hopefully the family gets answers soon. And hopefully this Doe can get her name back.

I just got off the phone with the ME. The front desk transferred me to an investigator who took the time to look into it while on the phone with me. She said it didn't look like Laurie had been looked into before (at least not in their department) so they are going to look into it asap. She was so lovely and thanked me for the tip. I'm glad this is getting looked into. It would be great for both the Jane Doe and Laurie's cases to get looked at again. It certainly can't hurt!

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with the ME. The front desk transferred me to an investigator who took the time to look into it while on the phone with me. She said it didn't look like Laurie had been looked into before (at least not in their department) so they are going to look into it asap. She was so lovely and thanked me for the tip. I'm glad this is getting looked into. It would be great for both the Jane Doe and Laurie's cases to get looked at again. It certainly can't hurt!
That's awesome! I've made contact with Amber and she is still working that case. I have not submitted the tip yet. Do you still want me to submit it?

Just to clarify, you submitted this tip to police, not the ME?
I sent the tip to the medical examiner's office. I guess they also have their own team of ME investigators. They have Jane Doe's into and she took time collecting the file because it was an older one (maybe on another system?) She is going to look into and compare dentals between the two. (She will likely call Amber requesting Laurie's dentals)

I was super busy earlier, but thanks to everyone who submitted this tip. I forgot to mention that Amber responded and said she received quite a number of tips today suggesting that this possible match be looked into. Thanks to everywhere submitted my suggestion! =)

Hopefully someone can keep tabs on the NamUs profile and we find out soon, either way.

Last edited:
Has Laurie Lynn Patridge been ruled out? Seen in Spokane. Likely was abducted. Was last seen wearing a blue jacket with a hood, and also last seen wearing burgundy pants. Not sure if the shoes match though, google has been unkind to me today.

Would love to rule her out.
Laurie Partridge's thread:

12 December 1976, The News Tribune, pg 3

1677280040467.png

"Human bones were found yesterday by a pheasant hunter in a densely wooded area southeast of Fort Lewis (Now McCord Airforce Base)."

"The bones were scattered over a 30 foot area a quarter mile south of the McKennaTanwax Road, about two miles west of Mountain Highway." - I tried to figure out where the exact location is but it seems the road names have changed. Either way, the area was alot less developed then. Tacoma's urban sprawl has made it less forested since the 1970's.

Her teeth were "a good set of teeth, very well taken care of." May indicate she was from a middle-upper class family and not a runaway.

13 December 1976, The News Tribune, pg 1

1677280127862.png

Looks like she was ruled out against Donna Manson (MP22761) and Georgeann Hawkins (MP19039), both are presumed Bundy victims with their possible remains being cremated before comparisons could be made.

13 December 1976, The Daily Chronicle, pg 1

1677280209807.png

13 December 1976, The Olympian, pg 10
1677280285627.png

14 December 1976, The News Tribune, pg 2
1677280354751.png

"deterioration of tissue remaining on the bones indicates the woman died no more then four [to six] months ago."

"the coroner speculated that the scattered bones may have been dragged by animals from a shallow grave."

"The skull was in "perfect" condition and there was no indication that the death was caused by violence."

15 December 1976, The News Tribune, pg 3
1677280403820.png

"none of the bones appeared to have been severed or showed any signs of foul play."

"Also to be examined by the pathologists is the long, auburn hair found yesterday where it fell from the decomposing body, in a shallow depression near a tree stump." - looks like ladies with auburn hair should also be considered even though Namus says brown. It's hard to tell sometimes.

"Clothing found yesterday includes a greenish-blue denim jacket, "pinkish-red" denim jeans, and the bottom of a "tennis or boating shoe."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back