WA WA - Po Han Lee, 93, Thurston County, 26 April 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Federal Way victim was shot and is reported as a black male, so not Mr Lee.

That is not uncommon in the Korean community. Their first and last names are often interchangeable.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Correct...In most Asian languages, the surname is given first. I assume the b/p sound is pretty interchangeable since I have seen the major city in South Korea rendered as both Pusan and Busan.

I hope Mr. Lee is okay. I will be thinking of him and his family!

Thanks everyone for your help. I will be making a FB page for him. This sucks that there is no leads or anything. Its a dead end....

I am so very sorry there are no leads, this is such a baffling case! I seriously do not think he got into a car...imo. Please do share the Facebook with us when it's up. *hugs*
Thanks everyone for your help. I will be making a FB page for him. This sucks that there is no leads or anything. Its a dead end....

Good news about the Facebook page!

In other cases, seniors have lost items they were carrying and shoes/clothing when they wandered. So it might be a good idea to try and get a very detailed list of what Mr Lee was wearing and carrying and publicise it - just in case anyone finds any items. This should include even small items, like watches, rings and belt.

I was seeing that the Nisqually Land Trust managed to get a whole bunch of military volunteers to help clear the shoreline of the river - I wonder if they could be persuaded to volunteer to help with the search for Mr Lee?

http://www.yelmonline.com/news/local_news/article_791089a4-c746-11e3-a50e-0019bb2963f4.html

myonlynara, have you or the family been able to check if their has been any activity on any of Mr Lee's bank accounts or phones since he disappeared?

There doesn't seem to be any news at all, even searching for the various spellings of his name. I hope LE is still searching and we just aren't hearing about it.

To be honest, I really don't think they are. The last press release on the Sheriff's website is still that the search has been suspended and they believe Mr Lee got into a vehicle.

Plus, he had walked away before.

I really don't know what they think a 93 year old has been doing since April 29th though, or why the person whose vehicle he supposedly got into hasn't come forward yet. It is just very, very sad.

http://www.co.thurston.wa.us/sheriff/docs/press-release-14-13.pdf

The Korea Times is looking for freelancers. There is a chance for a would-be journalist with contacts in the Korean community to write an investigative article about the search for Mr Lee, and make a name for themselves. I wouldn't even ask first - I'd just write a really good article, and submit it. If it's good they'll accept it.

And maybe help bring this 93 year old home too. He needs all the help and publicity he can get.

http://www.koreatimesus.com/?tag=lee-bo-han

One theme for any article could be 'How a missing 93 year-old became Washington's fastest ever cold case'. :(

One theme for any article could be 'How a missing 93 year-old became Washington's fastest ever cold case'. :(

Truly! They think he got in a vehicle? What, an acquaintance of Mr. Lee's just happened to be driving and by and said hey, let's go to Vegas and Mr. Lee was all for it? Makes no sense at all.

My grandmother (95) passed away today at 2:33AM...
She was looking for him when she passed away....
Still no word regarding my grandfather...

Omg, that is heartbreaking. Huge hugs to you and your whole family. I am so sorry.
My grandmother (95) passed away today at 2:33AM...
She was looking for him when she passed away....
Still no word regarding my grandfather...

Truly! They think he got in a vehicle? What, an acquaintance of Mr. Lee's just happened to be driving and by and said hey, let's go to Vegas and Mr. Lee was all for it? Makes no sense at all.

I'm local. I live in Tacoma on the border of "Korea Town" and no one here has even heard of this case...even the Korean Times readers. The few people I have spoken with have a million questions. They care if they knew. I asked them all to spread the word. I am more than happy to help. But I need more info. I have ins with the large Tacoma Korean community, the Nisqually Tribe and Thurston county LE. Please contact me. I am here to help. We can find him. Sadly, I don't think there is a happy ending here... but there can be closure.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I'm local too and this is the first that I have heard of him being missing. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member