Deceased/Not Found WA - Rachael Anderson, 40, Clarkston, 16 April 2010 - #1 *C. Capone guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy, you hit that one on the head! I've been to Riggins hundreds of times, before, during, after the boat races and rodeo. :crazy: I suppose the family might be going that way to talk to locals from Clarkston to Riggins and hang flyers, which would make more sense. You are right, I can't imagine why LE would not follow-up on a lead if there were one, and have the family do it instead. Was just a thought--

Is it possible the police don't have ENOUGH information for them to do searches there legally, where as the family can? I don't know much about investigations, I'm new at this and am only here because I've met Rachael a few times and am sickened and saddened this has happened to her.

If LE has leads and sends the family to go searching and the family stumbles on to anything it isn't admissible in court because it hasn't gone through a chain of evidence....also if LE gives them info and lets the family go searching and anything happens to them....the LE agency is liable....

But that brings me back to....do you think that LE is giving info like that to the family and then letting them go search???

officially no but sometimes things have a way of making their way back to the person that wants to know.

If LE has leads and sends the family to go searching and the family stumbles on to anything it isn't admissible in court because it hasn't gone through a chain of evidence....also if LE gives them info and lets the family go searching and anything happens to them....the LE agency is liable....

BINGO.. was just going to post this same exact thing. LE would not be smart to do this.... but who knows really anymore??

IDK, Info., nothing is evidence until it is found, then if it is deemed evidentiary in nature and collected by LE at the place of origin then i think that would be admissible...jmo

Is it possible the police don't have ENOUGH information for them to do searches there legally, where as the family can? I don't know much about investigations, I'm new at this and am only here because I've met Rachael a few times and am sickened and saddened this has happened to her.

That is highly possible. There are only so many LE to go around, plus multiple agencies involved, some things can be inquired about by the family. I highly doubt that the LE would let family/loved ones inquire into anything that might jeopardize the investigation or their lives. Since this information regarding the family inquiring/searching in these locations was in the local news, it might be a way to help LE and start answering some of the families and friends questions. I wish them luck!

Loved reading your thoughts on this case guys and I too was wondering why the family was going to head to Riggins to search. At first I thought maybe to past out flyers since it doesn't appear anyone had gone out there yet? But now from what you guys are saying, is that they are actually going to go out there and start a search on their own??

One would think the only reason they would go searching is if they had something to go on. Maybe the ex boyfriend has ties to Riggins?

Loved reading your thoughts on this case guys and I too was wondering why the family was going to head to Riggins to search. At first I thought maybe to past out flyers since it doesn't appear anyone had gone out there yet? But now from what you guys are saying, is that they are actually going to go out there and start a search on their own??

One would think the only reason they would go searching is if they had something to go on. Maybe the ex boyfriend has ties to Riggins?

What ex boyfriend?

That is highly possible. There are only so many LE to go around, plus multiple agencies involved, some things can be inquired about by the family. I highly doubt that the LE would let family/loved ones inquire into anything that might jeopardize the investigation or their lives. Since this information regarding the family inquiring/searching in these locations was in the local news, it might be a way to help LE and start answering some of the families and friends questions. I wish them luck!

Ok but if they don't know where Rachael is....and they don't know if someone took her....or hurt her...how could LE possible know which leads are "safe" for the family to follow up on?

It seemed me to me like the artical was giving a range of where her family has been...putting up posters and looking in general...IMO

And the family may be going from the stand point that you pretty much have to go through Riggins to get to the southern part of Idaho...

Sorry, meant ex-husband. Didn't she just get divorced in January? Or did I get the wrong information somewhere? I have also heard that her Ex seems to have a bad history of violence.

All I was suggesting is that perhaps the family decided to take matters into their own hands and are thinking of searching places known to anyone they think could be responsible? Just My opinion of course.

Sorry, meant ex-husband. Didn't she just get divorced in January? Or did I get the wrong information somewhere? I have also heard that her Ex seems to have a bad history of violence.

All I was suggesting is that perhaps the family decided to take matters into their own hands and are thinking of searching places known to anyone they think could be responsible? Just My opinion of course.

iirc, he is the estranged husband and that she filed for divorce in January.

ITA, the family would search and anything else that could be productive as opposed to sit around, jmo. IDK the family, only families in general and those that have been on other threads of missing people here.

Exactly Fhc!! I could only imagine the frustration of not knowing anything that is going on with the case, if LE is being as tight lipped with them as they are with us, that is.

I am glad they are getting out there searching for Rachel. Where ever it is, it beats sitting around town wondering what Rachel is going through. :/

Here is a question.... if the LE had to obtain a search warrant for the Yukon doesn't that mean that the owner DID NOT give them permission to immediately search it?? Otherwise if the owner of the Yukon had said "heck yeah have at it" they wouldn't have needed a search warrant right??? Or am I missing something here?

That is usually what that means...LE might have just been going through the right chanels though to make sure that everything was done right....they aren't used to cases like this...

I am still curious as to whom the Yukon belonged to tho, and if he had any idea what was going on..... Of course add that to the 17364537329744 other questions we all have and this case might just be solved.

Not to be a downer but this artical gives a pretty good discription of what we are up against.....http://www.seattlepi.com/local/108666_missingday18.shtml

Gene and Sherry Hindman, newcomers to the Wenatchee Valley who packed apples and dreamed of better days, there was no sign at all.

Seventeen years later the Chelan County sheriff still calls it an unsolved double homicide, but the case long ago went cold.
----------------------

This is what the family of Mackenzie Cowell (Wenatchee/Chelan County) is up against right now too..There's been no POI named & NO arrest since her body was found 5 days after she went missing back in Feb..I fear this case will remain unsolved just because of WHERE the crime was committed.

I hope WHERE Rachael's from has far more competent LE!

Btw..MC's pocketbook was also found in her abandoned car..Her phone is still missing (or so LE claims) & Verizon's lost/deleted some very valuable phone records (ugh!) but Rachael's phone has been found (supposedly) which is great news cos they'll know exactly WHO she was in contact with & when.

TY! for posting this article.

Gene and Sherry Hindman, newcomers to the Wenatchee Valley who packed apples and dreamed of better days, there was no sign at all.

Seventeen years later the Chelan County sheriff still calls it an unsolved double homicide, but the case long ago went cold.
----------------------

This is what the family of Mackenzie Cowell (Wenatchee/Chelan County) is up against right now too..There's been no POI named & NO arrest since her body was found 5 days after she went missing back in Feb..I fear this case will remain unsolved just because of WHERE the crime was committed.

I hope WHERE Rachael's from has far more competent LE!

Btw..MC's pocketbook was also found in her abandoned car..Her phone is still missing (or so LE claims) & Verizon's lost/deleted some very valuable phone records (ugh!) but Rachael's phone has been found (supposedly) which is great news cos they'll know exactly WHO she was in contact with & when.

TY! for posting this article.

That article is about the state of Washington, which is where she lived...and from what I've seen lewistons list of unsolved cases isn't that great either....LE does have her phone..it has been reported now that it was also found in the yukon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude