WA WA - Reuben Lewis, 20, Everett, 21 Feb 1991

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey Sam,

I've been a lurker for some time now and I've have been following your thread on Ben and I have some questions:

Did you ever hear anything about the leg found?
Did you email the people who posted about being safe? I found that post on a message board too but it looked like a crappy board (one poster had a pic of her missing sister and there was spam-like *advertiser censored* site replies).

Also, I was just up on doe and you are now a source for info on Reuben...congrats!! Shame there isn't much more about him...he seems like a very handsome young man.

Emily:)

Emmie said:
Hey Sam,

I've been a lurker for some time now and I've have been following your thread on Ben and I have some questions:

Did you email the people who posted about being safe? I found that post on a message board too but it looked like a crappy board (one poster had a pic of her missing sister and there was spam-like *advertiser censored* site replies).

Hi, Emily. :)

1.) I have sent two emails to the medical examiner's office and unfortunately, I have not gotten a response. :banghead:

2) I have a feeling that the two people who posted are his family. I can't shake the instinct that emailing them would somehow be intrusive. The last thing I want to do is cause them stress. So, no, I haven't emailed them and I don't think I will. :/

What I do plan on doing is getting in touch with the missing persons unit at the sheriff's office. I'll post what happens with that as events further develop. :)

I sent an email to the Sheriff's office yesterday morning about the remains at the ME office. The waiting is the hardest part, according to Tom Petty. :) All I can do is try. I think about Ben everyday and pray for his family to get their answers that are so long overdue. And hope that someone who knows something will do the right thing for all involved.

Today is the 16th anniversary of Reuben's disappearance. I'm praying for his family and for the people who know something to come forward and do the right thing.

If you have the time, please keep Reuben and his family in your thoughts and prayers today. It's going to be really tough for them. Thanks.

Hi
Do you have a link to this message board you just mentioned?

suzanne

Hi
ok,Thankyou.

questions
Hey Sam,

Also, I was just up on doe and you are now a source for info on Reuben...congrats!! Shame there isn't much more about him...he seems like a very handsome young man.

suzannec4444 said:
Hi
ok,Thankyou.

questions
Hey Sam,

Hi, Emily.. :)

1. No, I didn't hear back from the medical examiner or the sheriff's department about the leg. I'm not totally surprised since it is a continuing investigation. They'll keep their cards close to them.
2. You know, to be honest, I feel wrong about emailing them. I have a feeling they are family/friends of his. The last thing I want to do is upset them by emailing them out of the blue about Ben.
3. I am so proud and touched that the lady I've been chatting with from doe network feels the site I made is worthy of being a source for his case.

I can't explain why his case haunts me but it does. And it has for months. This could happen to my little brother or anyone in my family. In any of our families. I thought it was sad that nothing was out there to make people aware of Ben and his case.

Do you mind if I PM you sometime this weekend about something?

samhoney said:
Hi, Emily.. :)

Do you mind if I PM you sometime this weekend about something?
You can certainly PM me if you'd like...

Suzanne, I'm not sure the board...I found it searching for stuff about Ben on ask.com or yahoo...but I believe it was something you posted regarding your sister that I saw the replies to that were spam-like *advertiser censored* replies.

Hi
Thankyou.If you find the board please let me know.I would very much like to see it.I would very much like to take care of this.

suzanne

Hi
I have him on tammy's site and myspace.You said on his webpage you made for him there is more to Ben Lewis than that factor alone. One segment of his life should not define him as a person or lead people to think that somehow he "got what he deserved".
Ben is someone's son. Someone's brother, cousin, nephew, uncle, grandson. He's someone's best friend. He has hopes and dreams just like everyone else. There is a family that loves him and misses him. There are countless people affected by his disappearance.

The most important thing to know about Ben is that he is a human being who deserves to be found.

I agree with you.I will do what I can do to help you find him.

suzanne

suzannec4444 said:
Hi
I have him on tammy's site and myspace.You said on his webpage you made for him there is more to Ben Lewis than that factor alone. One segment of his life should not define him as a person or lead people to think that somehow he "got what he deserved".
Ben is someone's son. Someone's brother, cousin, nephew, uncle, grandson. He's someone's best friend. He has hopes and dreams just like everyone else. There is a family that loves him and misses him. There are countless people affected by his disappearance.

The most important thing to know about Ben is that he is a human being who deserves to be found.

I agree with you.I will do what I can do to help you find him.

suzanne
That came from my site and the link to it is in my sig. :) Who is Tammy? Does she have a site on Reuben, too?

suzannec4444 said:
Hi
Thankyou.If you find the board please let me know.I would very much like to see it.I would very much like to take care of this.

suzanne
I found the message from someone to Reuben on ask.com. I typed his name in and it returned two hits. The site looks like it is now shut down. It was the very first personal statements from people I found regarding him on the net.

Hi
You made a beautiful site for him.Tammy is my sister.Tammy Lynn Leppert.She came up missing in 1983.I put Reuben on the board I made for her.I added other missing persons too.

suzanne

suzannec4444 said:
Hi
You made a beautiful site for him.Tammy is my sister.Tammy Lynn Leppert.She came up missing in 1983.I put Reuben on the board I made for her.I added other missing persons too.

suzanne
Oh, I'm so sorry about your sister, Suzanne. I'd love to visit the site you made for her. What is the URL in case I can't find it myself?

I used to be a social worker when I lived in the states and I also worked as a victim's advocate on drunk driving cases. My heart is always 100% with victims and their families.

hi

http://icaremissingpersonscoldcases.yuku.com/

I put him on there too.There are other boards all over to add him to too.It is good you are getting his story out there.Maybe the newspaper can write a story on him to generate leads.You are right someone,some where knows something.I feel they just need to talk.

suzanne

I went to The Herald website and went searching through their archive, which goes back to 1997. I found a story about the Snohomish County Sheriff forming a Cold Case Squad to examine and investigate cold cases that have bodies. (I'll come back with a site; their server is down).

A 24-year-old divorced mother of two was found in March 1992 at an illegal trash dumping site in Monroe, Washington. She was identified as Kathy Dobson. Two men were suspected of murdering her when they heard rumours that she turned drug informant. The case never went to trail due to lack of evidence.

So, what does this case have in common with Ben's case? Well, a few things.
1.Both Ben and Kathy were in their early 20s and lived in Snohomish County.

2.Ben and Kathy associated with drugs, drug users and drug dealers.

3.Ben disappeared in February 1991. Kathy disappeared Summer 1991, about six months after Ben disappeared.

4.The chances are probably greater than 50-50 that they knew each other, at the very least in passing.

5.Ben got into quite a bit of trouble in the months before he disappeared. He could have been looking at time in prison. Could he have been offered informant status by the Sherrif's office or the Everett PD in exchange for a lighter sentence or something more enticing?

6.He was a dealer who could possibly tell any drug task force what they needed to bring down operations, other dealers and suppliers.

7.Were rumours circulating about him like the ones cirulating about Kathy Dobson being an informant? Did the same two suspects in Kathy's murder get to Ben first? Perhaps. Snohomish county is big and there are hundreds of thousands of people who live there. There were probably lots of people who had a reason for wanting a dealer out of the picture. But it is an intriguing avenue to travel down.

I'd love to know if the investigators looked at that angle. That just seems too fricking easy. I mean, come on. I'm not the brightest little bulb of the bunch but that was the first thing I thought of when I worked this all out in my mind.

THE SEATTLE TIMES

March 5, 1991

Edition: FINAL
Section: NORTH
Page: D3

Topics:
Index Terms:
DIGEST
MISSING PERSONS

Column: BRIEFLY

POLICE SEARCHING FOR MAN MISSING SINCE FEB. 22

Dateline: EVERETT

Article Text:

Police are searching for a 20-year-old Everett man missing since Feb. 22 after he went to an apartment complex in South Everett.

The family of Rueben M. Lewis contacted the Snohomish County sheriff's office, suspecting foul play after he failed to return from the Mallard Cove Apartments, 12404 Admiralty Way, said sheriff's office spokeswoman Jan Jorgensen.

Lewis did not tell anyone why he was going to the apartment complex or who he was going to see after he received a message through a telephone pager about 8 p.m. Feb. 22, Jorgensen said.

A friend drove him to the complex, and Lewis was last seen going into Complex C. His friend waited 40 minutes, then left and later notified Lewis' family, according to the police report. His mother told police Lewis was carrying $2,000 in cash when he disappeared, the police report said.

He is described as white, 5 feet 11, and 140 pounds, with blue eyes and brown, shoulder-length hair. He has a tattoo of a joker with fangs on his left arm, scars around his mouth and an ornamental ring in his nose. He also is known as Rueben Kinard Blue and Ben Jarvis.

He was last seen wearing purple jeans, black tennis shoes and a red leather jacket.

Anyone with information about Lewis is asked to call the sheriff's office at 388-3523.

Caption:
RUEBEN M. LEWIS
PHOTO

1.) I have sent two emails to the medical examiner's office and unfortunately, I have not gotten a response. :banghead:

Makes one wish that elected Coroners were still the norm. Appointed ME's are much less inclined to accept input directly from the public, in many counties they'll only budge if you go through the Sheriff.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back