Found Deceased WA - Ritchie Ambrose Collins, 58, North Cascades National Park, April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if the neighbor's recollection of the date he/she saw Ritchie is incorrect. According to the article, park rangers said his vehicle had been there for approximately two weeks before he was reported missing April 30. That would put his vehicle there mid-April. Of course, that doesn't mean he was also there around that time. Also noted that LE did a welfare check at his home a week after the vehicle was first noticed, and were unable to make contact with anyone.

Info from the article slowpoke posted above.

Ritchie has been added to NAMUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original

Circumstances of Disappearance
Ritchie Collins was last seen at his residence on or around 04/23/2019 by a neighbor. His vehicle was located on 04/30/2019 at the Colonial Creek Campground in Newhalem, WA. The keys to the vehicle were found on the hood of the vehicle. Extensive searches have been conducted in the wooded area around the campground - nothing of evidentiary value was found. Ritchie has been known to keep to himself and does not have an extensive friend base. Ritchie is prior military and a search of his residence revealed several articles of survival type gear and food.

Still praying for Ritchie and his family, certainly seems Ritchie was a very capable outdoorsman. Hope this has served him well. The vehicle abandoned with the keys bothers me, was this a planned disappearance ,? We're the firearms missing turn up any leads ? Too many cases of Missing people with vehicle abandoned in odd or remote places. MOO

Hi, if anyone is interested 'The Vanished Podcast' has an episode on Ritchie being released today. If you aren't aware this podcast talks to family & people close to the MP and any LE willing to participate &/or experts on subjects when relevant. It's usually full of info you don't usually read in articles or find elsewhere & is well edited.
(I'm not affiliated with the podcast just appreciate the platform it gives to MP cases that usually get little attention & extra info you can learn)
Hopefully this will help in bringing new leads to his case.

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of TraceLabs? I wondered whether they may be able to assist somehow & shed some light on Ritchie's online footprint, especially considering his computer appears to be missing from his home? (per his brothers' post). I thought it might be something else to consider?

Thinking of his family, hoping if any of you read this, you find some answers soon that lead you to finding Ritchie.

GraceG, Hi I'm Randy Collins, Ritch's brother. I'd like to have a sit down and talk with you if possible. I'm not sure how to go about getting certified as britney has done, but all I want is to find out what happened to my brother.
Sorry Randy - I'd not visited this thread for a while (had to sell my 99-year-old Dad's house and get it cleaned out when he went into assisted living). If you drop me a private conversation on here we can chat. I'm in Illinois.

Wow! Definitely looks like he was intending to return...
Not knowing if that's how his place looked all the time, it seemed he was stockpiling, planning, packing for something
... Did he end up leaving sooner than planned? Could someone have known his plans and interrupted them to seize his weapons before he could leave with them, or were the weapons sold by Ritchie himself? Thoughts?

I appreciate everyone from the bottom of my heart, y’all have been on top of everything from the beginning, thank you. The 1 year “anniversary” of my Dad’s disappearance is this month and I still have more questions than answers. We were suppose to do a big search this summer at Colonial Creek Campground and Detective Gates said Whatcom County Sherriffs are going to search Diablo Lake with radars.. I’m not sure if/when this is happening due to the Coronavirus but I will never give up trying to find out what happened to my Dad. Thank you again for all of your help & support.

Missing Ritchie Collins Facebook page: https://m.facebook.com/RitchieCollinsMissing

The Vanished Podcast (tells the whole story with family & law enforcement interviews): EPISODE 214: Ritchie Collins — The Vanished Podcast

Whatcom County Sheriff’s Facebook post: Whatcom County Sheriff's Office

NAMUS (National Missing and Unidentified Persons System: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The Vanished Podcast Facebook post (I answer questions in the comments): The Vanished Podcast

Web sleuths: WA - WA - Ritchie Ambrose Collins, 58, North Cascades National Park, April 2019

Ritchie Collins LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ritchie-collins-bb830946

The Bellingham Herald: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bellinghamherald.com/news/local/crime/article232809497.html

KIRO 7 News: Man reported missing after car left at campground for weeks

I have contacted The Bellingham Herald, KIRO 7, KOMO 4, KING 5, Q13 & David Rose and I haven’t been able to get any help yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
there always an answer
Back