Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm...what is that?
Sorry forgot to quote the post that was in reply to.
On DJI 0006 video, at 2:47 is something that looks man-made in the left corner on a rock. I don't know how to get things off of the screen, but check it out and see what you see.
edit, never mind, It's probably the drone handler's stuff.
Image I posted was a screenshot of what I believe you were referring to.

I would react the same way as she is if my loved one was missing out there. People who she mentions saying the "realistically" thing, it's like, just don't go there until we actually get there. People have been found alive after really amazing amounts of time, even in the open ocean.

There is hope. There are lakes and streams for water, there are a lot of berries out there. The weather is nice (except for the smoke.) This may be the best time of year to be surviving in the wild in the PacNW.

Not sure. I would think she'd want to be around a source of water - that could be the snow, it could be a lake or river. That's assuming she's mobile, but if she's mobile I would think they would have found her by now, or she would have self-rescued. Spada Lake is a reservoir but has a boat launch and is used for recreation.

That is what I was thinking. I think if she were mobile, she would have made it to somewhere by now or would have been spotted. Given the map of the area, it seems like she would have wandered to a trail or to at least one of the search areas. Her mother said before that she thinks that she is immobile for one reason or another. If that's true, I think that it's worse for her. That means that she is trapped and/or injured, and I would think this also means that the availability of resources is limited. Even if she were surrounded by berries 19 days ago, could she still be surrounded by enough now to provide her with enough sustenance if she couldn't move from one area to another? I'm not sure what the area is like, so this is an honest question.

Furthermore, if injured, the risk of illness or infection from any injuries has surely increased substantially by now.

That being said, I don't blame her mother for not wanting to think in those terms. I'm sure that those thoughts are rattling around her brain all the time and she is doing all she can to hold on to any hope, and she probably doesn't need outsiders telling her that "realistically" her daughter has likely passed away. Like she said in the video, she's running through every scenario (e.g., doubting the eyewitness, why Sam would go down the wrong way toward the lake, kidnapping, etc.) constantly. I'm sure it's torturing her every moment of the day, and I can't imagine what her and her family are going through.

Regardless of the outcome, I hope they find Sam soon. For better or for worse.

Her bald head is interesting - pretty distinctive in a woman. Presumably she has deliberately shaved her head since if she's lost her hair because of an illness such as cancer she probably wouldn't be able to hike in such demanding surroundings.
She is bald from alopecia I am not sure if anybody answered this for you. She wore a wig in high school and one day took it off and it didn’t matter. She went to my daughters high school which is a public yet extreme and highly competitive academic school and their values are different than many other traditional high schools...it is not surprising.

Is there anybody local to the area she is missing? What are the chances for encountering things like grizzlies and mountain lions in this area?
i live in washington and grizzlies are very very rare . there are black bears though and mountain lions forsure . although they are rare grizzly bears and wolves are still up there but in very very small numbers and in the more rugged terrain , not likely but not totally impossible . I have a feeling she was injured pretty badly and sadly either is dead from hypothermia , dehydration or her injury . She also could have had a predator such as a mountain lion and even black bear attack her because she was injured . hopefully they find her soon . I don’t have a good feeling this is going to end with her alive but there is always hope !

i live in washington and grizzlies are very very rare . there are black bears though and mountain lions forsure . although they are rare grizzly bears and wolves are still up there but in very very small numbers and in the more rugged terrain , not likely but not totally impossible . I have a feeling she was injured pretty badly and sadly either is dead from hypothermia , dehydration or her injury . She also could have had a predator such as a mountain lion and even black bear attack her because she was injured . hopefully they find her soon . I don’t have a good feeling this is going to end with her alive but there is always hope !
Thanks, I live back in PA where Sam is from and we have black bears ( which would be very rare to attack a human ) and rattlesnakes which would probably be a more threatening issue...so no grizzlies and mountain lions here...I was afraid of the mountain lion thing

If she was injured/immobilized, would she have to deal with coyotes overnight?

Coyotes don’t tend to attack people unless provoked, but I don’t know if this changes if someone is injured. Generally, humans are too big for them.

That being said, I think that the bigger problem may be if she has passed away (and I hate to think this way) that she had been exposed to scavengers. There is a book called No Stone Unturned, and in there the scientists from NecroSearch International discuss how far scavenges can drag remains. If Sam happened to be injured on day one and passed away shortly there after, it’s possible that her remains might be miles from where she passed.

I hope this isn’t the case and she is just tucked away somewhere with a ton of berries and snow.

Coyotes don’t tend to attack people unless provoked, but I don’t know if this changes if someone is injured. Generally, humans are too big for them.

That being said, I think that the bigger problem may be if she has passed away (and I hate to think this way) that she had been exposed to scavengers. There is a book called No Stone Unturned, and in there the scientists from NecroSearch International discuss how far scavenges can drag remains. If Sam happened to be injured on day one and passed away shortly there after, it’s possible that her remains might be miles from where she passed.

I hope this isn’t the case and she is just tucked away somewhere with a ton of berries and snow.
I was thinking about packs of predators. I don't want to think of them, but where I am from at night you can hear them and large groups do attack farm animals and such. I think they could be fought away though, by someone with advanced survival skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retired Private Investiga