WA WA - Seattle, WhtFem 30-50, 159UFWA, alias 'Mary Anderson', copper IUD, breast surgery scars, Oct'96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I went back and listened to the episode of this case on the Unresolved Podcast and one of the suggestions is she could’ve been a spy that lived in the United States or Canada her whole life but had relatives in other countries. I then found that Othram said her origins traced back to Eastern Iran or Afghanistan, and she may be of Persian descent. Is it possible this woman was a spy for Iran or Afghanistan? And decided to take her own life because she felt bad about what she was doing? I know it says they traced her origins to those countries which can be mean several things but i can’t help put wonder if this woman didn’t do some sort of work for one of those countries at one time or another.

It sounds like a fictional spy thriller but I suppose anything is possible. It could explain how she got cyanide. Suicide pill - Wikipedia

It sounds like a fictional spy thriller but I suppose anything is possible. It could explain how she got cyanide. Suicide pill - Wikipedia
Cyanide used to be fairly easy to obtain.

This HS student bought it from a chemical supply in Kentucky.

There was also a woman in Seattle (of all places), who poisoned her husband and some other people with Algae Destroyer. She laced their Excedrin capsules with it. One pill and they died right there on the spot. Boom.

Last edited:
Cyanide used to be fairly easy to obtain.

This HS student bought it from a chemical supply in Kentucky.

There was also a woman in Seattle (of all places), who poisoned her husband and some other people with Algae Destroyer. She laced their Excedrin capsules with it. One pill and they died right there on the spot. Boom.

The unidentified man that left the name William L. Toomie took cyanide in the 80s.

The Iceman also used cyanide quite a bit, and the Tylenol murders were cyanide, weren’t there?

The unidentified man that left the name William L. Toomie took cyanide in the 80s.

The Iceman also used cyanide quite a bit, and the Tylenol murders were cyanide, weren’t there?
Yes, the Tylenol murders were cyanide.

Just pointing out that cyanide wasn't all that hard to obtain at the time. The algae destroyer contained cyanide. I don't know if it still does. I worked with potassium cyanide while I was in college (1975). I see that KCN is still available online to labs, industry and universities etc.

And here's a HS student who ingested it:

This here was recent:

hhhmmm (did she work at a university or a lab somewhere?)

Last edited:
I went back and listened to the episode of this case on the Unresolved Podcast and one of the suggestions is she could’ve been a spy that lived in the United States or Canada her whole life but had relatives in other countries. I then found that Othram said her origins traced back to Eastern Iran or Afghanistan, and she may be of Persian descent. Is it possible this woman was a spy for Iran or Afghanistan? And decided to take her own life because she felt bad about what she was doing? I know it says they traced her origins to those countries which can be mean several things but i can’t help put wonder if this woman didn’t do some sort of work for one of those countries at one time or another.
That would certainly be a good possibility. I used to think that it was like the movies, a spy clean up crew comes and retrieves all they can to not blow the cover.

I was thinking about him. I wonder if there's any DNA left to test.

The Tylenol murders, a crime that's never been officially solved. There's a great documentary or podcast on the murders.

There is also the case of “Paul Deering” (LAX John Doe) who died using Cyanide just 3 years before “Mary”.
I think someone on that thread mentioned that jewelers use cyanide, or maybe did back then?

Yes, the Tylenol murders were cyanide.

Just pointing out that cyanide wasn't all that hard to obtain at the time. The algae destroyer contained cyanide. I don't know if it still does. I worked with potassium cyanide while I was in college (1975). I see that KCN is still available online to labs, industry and universities etc.

And here's a HS student who ingested it:

This here was recent:

hhhmmm (did she work at a university or a lab somewhere?)

She could have worked in the medical field or knew people who did. Many exile Iranians in the US used to work in the medical field. She could have been a doctor, chemist, nurse or she may have been married to one. Also I am sure that there are easy ways to obtain it somewhere if you really want.

She could have worked in the medical field or knew people who did. Many exile Iranians in the US used to work in the medical field. She could have been a doctor, chemist, nurse or she may have been married to one. Also I am sure that there are easy ways to obtain it somewhere if you really want.
Many were engineering students where I went to school. However, I went to a small school, which didn't have a medical school. The was prerevolution.

I think cyanide is/was available wherever chemicals are used.

I had a part time job working in the chemistry lab at two year college. The cyanide would have been a reagent used in upcoming lab experiments to likely identify a particular compound. This would be for either freshmen chemistry, organic chem (2nd year class) or analytic chem (2nd year class). I can't remember what it was used for. The guy I worked with told me there was enough cyanide in the container to kill everyone within entire city.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back