WA WA - Seattle, WhtFem 30-50, 159UFWA, alias 'Mary Anderson', copper IUD, breast surgery scars, Oct'96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was so sure othram would solve this earlier as her case has been fully funded for years - my guess is either no good database hits or family contacted and not sure whether they want to go public

Othram had an update on this case and were able to identify that she has an Eastern Iran or Afghanistan, or possibly a Persian, background but it sounds like they're stuck at this point.

The number of people from that background who have taken a DNA test and uploaded to GEDmatch is probably extremely small. Even then, finding records (of, say, a DNA match's parents, grandparents, etc) will be very difficult in countries like Iran and Afghanistan. I'm not surprised they're stuck. They'll likely have to wait for more people to upload or for the right person to see an appeal.

Kitchen bowl could indicate a some kind of religious practice/ritual related to washing/cleansing? In my limited knowledge of religions i know both Judaism and Islam use water for mikvah and wudu, respectively, and perhaps other rituals? When traveling, I know there are "workarounds" or different ways of cleansing than you might do at home with all your readily available supplies.

Example of someone using a kitchen bowl for wudu. The bible is in every hotel room and could have been another decoy, like the fake name.
No. We wash hands in the morning and after bathroom and before bread and use a special cup but a kitchenbowl is a kitchenbowl.
Youd rather use the drinking glass for washing.

No religious significance to that. I guess she was a frequent traveler who carried a small supply of cooking gear to make rice, a salad etc. in her motel room.

Regarding the kitchen bowl, I'm wondering if this lady perhaps wore dentures?

Just recalling visits to my grandparents in the 80s and 90s and utilizing their washroom if I did overnights.

I don't know whose were whose, but one of them had theirs in a glass on the sink cabinet and the other in a small china soup bowl overnights. Probably how they kept them straight from each other.

Don't know how common the practice was of dropping them overnight into a glass or bowl (for cleaning them??) back then but just seeing their anniversary pic showing up in my memories and their big smiles in it made me think of their dentures and the glass and bowl.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yochy
Back