Found Safe WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I won't be moved by any kind of sympathy if NC was only cooperative and helpy after they were detained.

Per the family statement, she "returned to her parents voluntarily.... and is recovering at a private location".

Prolly not Italy.

JMO

They were found in Santa Ana, Mexico. We don't know (yet) how long they were there - maybe they drifted around - but I thought some info about the place might be interesting. I have no idea if they were trying to make a home there, with jobs, etc. I have never been to that place so have no personal insights.

Do we have a definitive statement, on whether they were detained simultaneously? Was she detained first, then him, or both at the crossing checkpoint? It's not clear.

Unless he held her against her will (how?), I don't see why she should avoid charges. Ignorance? Didn't know he didn't have full custody, didn't know he was in violation, didn't know there was a warrant, didn't know there was a manhunt? Hard sell.

She knew they weren't on vacation.

JMO

I was totally wrong, I thought they were holed up close to home. Kudos to all you who were right on the money. So glad they were found. Seeing AA in handcuffs ... priceless. Very curious to hear the details.
I have to say, the Seraya & Samara image is absolutely lovely. But AA in handcuffs really sealed the deal for me! :D

Do we have a definitive statement, on whether they were detained simultaneously? Was she detained first, then him, or both at the crossing checkpoint? It's not clear.

Unless he held her against her will (how?), I don't see why she should avoid charges. Ignorance? Didn't know he didn't have full custody, didn't know he was in violation, didn't know there was a warrant, didn't know there was a manhunt? Hard sell.

She knew they weren't on vacation.

JMO
Running away from the airport ruined many options to garner sympathy or understanding for what she did....but I await more info.

jmo

The statement put out by Nadia’s parents seemed to portray her as a victim in all this?

"Secure private location...recovering from her ordeal..."

MOO: Strongly suspect that each word in that statement was carefully crafted by NC's parents' lawyer(s), as part of a legal strategy aimed at thwarting any potential charges/legal culpability.

Last edited:
JUL 8, 2024
Police in Pullman, Wash., confirmed that 2-year-old Seraya Aung Harmon was found safely in Mexico more than one month after her father allegedly abducted her. Police say the toddler was found with her father, Aaron Aung, as well as his fiancée, Nadia Cole, at a roadside checkpoint near Santa Ana, Mexico, over the weekend. Protective services took the child while authorities detained the adults.

According to Pullman Police, 21-year-old Aaron Aung, his daughter two-year-old Seraya Aung Harmon, and Aung's fiancé, Nadia Cole were all located and taken into custody over the weekend.

Police say the three were detained at a roadside checkpoint near Santa Ana, Mexico.

The three were turned over the U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Aaron, Seraya and Cole were detained by authorities in Mexico, and turned over to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Aung is currently being held in the Santa Cruz County Detention Center in Nogales, Arizona, waiting to be extradited back to Whitman County on a warrant for custodial interference.

According to Pullman police, Cole was deported back to the United States and Seraya has been in the care of Arizona Child Protective Services.

Authorities located two-year-old Seraya Aung Harmon over the weekend at a roadside checkpoint near Santa Ana, Mexico. Seraya's father, 21-year-old Aaron Aung, and his fiancé, 21-year-old Nadia Cole, were also detained.

i’m so happy seraya is safe, and also curious what we’ll hear about what happened, whose idea it was, how they did it, etc!

it’s fascinating to me how differently the three families have dealt with this in public
• the aungs slinging mud without shame, seemingly not worried about giving the impression they knew what was going on
• the coles being quite reserved and keeping up appearances
• samara and also especially her mom sharing what’s on their heart in a quite vulnerable way, with the most introspection

Last edited:
I'm still uncertain on how far the girlfriend was a willing participant in all of this...as in...how much did she actually know she was getting herself into at the beginning? She could have a heart of gold and fell for the smear campaign his family started slinging--truly believing the baby was in danger.

She's not off the hook yet. But I'm willing to hear her out.

I'm still uncertain on how far the girlfriend was a willing participant in all of this...as in...how much did she actually know she was getting herself into at the beginning? She could have a heart of gold and fell for the smear campaign his family started slinging--truly believing the baby was in danger.

I'm willing to hear her out, too.

Law enforcement and the courts have a lot to sort out and deal with.

I hope we hear what transpired and why those involved did what they did.

But, today, it is enough to be ecstatically happy!!!

um she is helping authorities to locate AA and Seraya? mmmmkay
she is recovering from her ordeal? mmhumm

got it.

Spin doctors spinning. I am happy they are happy their daughter is safe. But to describe her absconding with her fiance and another woman's child across the border? sounds like a self inflicted "ordeal" and she was taken into custody with the father and daughter so her cooperation wasn't necessary or even a part of the reason why Seraya is now home where she belongs. JMO It's a little late to try to rehabilitate NC's reputation into her being a victim of this.

Last edited:

Ditching her mom at the airport while boarding a flight to Italy is really inexplicable. IMO. It’s such an unnecessary and cruel thing to do. So I kinda agree that maybe her part wasn’t planned.
I also think she must have thought the child was in a bad situation because this whole thing is insane. This woman is certainly naive, dumb, gullible.. but she is at least well educated.
If she had time to think this through would this have been the plan?
But on the other hand, if she was caught up in something, she had plenty of time to come to her senses. Maybe she is the one who spilled the beans on their location (maybe to her parents..?) which was the reason for the checkpoint?

Last edited:
um she is helping authorities to locate AA and Seraya? mmmmkay
she is recovering from her ordeal? mmhumm

got it.

Spin doctors spinning. I am happy they are happy their daughter is safe. But to discribe her absconding with her fiance and another woman's child across the border sounds like a self inflicted "ordeal" and she was taken into custody with the father and daughter so her cooperation wasn't necesasry or even a part of the reason why Seraya is now hoe where she belongs. JMO It's a little late to try to rehabiliate NC's reputation into her being a victim of this.
But this is most likely how it will be spun. And she will probably face very minimal consequences. Just like Carly with her ‘kidnapping’

I won't be moved by any kind of sympathy if NC was only cooperative and helpy after they were detained.

Per the family statement, she "returned to her parents voluntarily.... and is recovering at a private location".

Prolly not Italy.

JMO
No sympathy from me either! But I, for one, am glad that the Aungs with all their money and "PR" and "statements" are going to face some formidable adversaries in Nadia's parents! It just didn't seem to be a fair fight for Seraya's mom to have to go up against the Aungs and all their resources. My guess is the Aungs would be glad to turn the blame away from their precious boy and onto Nadia - but for being massively out-gunned by that expensive security consultant, PR-spinning machine that Nadia's parents have for careful, lawyer-vetted, blame-shifting statements. Wouldn't bother me one bit if the Aungs choked a bit while swallowing some of their own medicine.

MOO - Both families may very well be overinvolved with their young adult children, but I really hated the power/resource dynamic between the Aungs and Seraya's mom. This is a happy ending for Seraya and let the chips fall where they may for all the various participants in this insane caper.

Prolly not Italy.

JMO
Recovering? :oops:

The crossings into Mexico are not manned. You pull up to an arm, press a button that snaps a photo and then the arm lifts and you drive on. The difficult part is coming back, that’s when you need passports and you’ll wait in a multi-line crossing manned with US border agents who stop every car, ask for passports, interrogate everyone in the car about why they were in Mexico, and sometimes search the car.
I would love to know if they had passports!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yedi
Back