WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

The note Seraya's Mam received had a handwritten message at the top indicating it was for her. Equally the Aungs could have received the note separately as copy for them. Who knows?

Do we know that Mrs. Aung received the note? I assumed she had written it herself, as though she had pretended to take notes while on the phone with LE in Whitefish.

I can’t figure out how any other story would make sense.

I can't believe these three haven't been spotted anywhere! Where is the car?
Even if they're holed-up somewhere, they have to come out eventually. Maybe they really are out of the country.

Or, as some have suggested, maybe they're deceased. I don't like thinking that, but it's been a month now, and they've disappeared into thin air.

Maybe I didn't give them enough credit for being smart.

Another thing I’d like to know is which date AA was seen buying the camping gear. Did he plan this well in advance, or was it last minute? Is he really smart enough to try to pull off buying a map of Montana as a red herring, or did he actually intend to start this whole thing as a “camping trip,” then something got derailed?

In the beginning, most responders here felt it was a ruse.
I agreed. Feeling as if was posing for the cctv cameras.

Another thing I’d like to know is which date AA was seen buying the camping gear. Did he plan this well in advance, or was it last minute? Is he really smart enough to try to pull off buying a map of Montana as a red herring, or did he actually intend to start this whole thing as a “camping trip,” then something got derailed?
Really good questions!

Feeling as if was posing for the cctv cameras.

Do you mean the video has been released, or is this what we’re imagining?

My parents took me camping as a toddler, but they camped regularly. It doesn’t sound like AA does. Even if he was invited on a trip with friends, why take her? Definitely feels like a ruse.

Camping in Montana sounds like a good place to not have cell service in case SH tried to get a hold of him. If it kept her from panicking for a few days, it could buy him more time.

I just wonder if he meant to first disappear with Seraya in Montana, then drive up to Canada from there.

Other sleuthers have discussed the ferries in Seattle. . . . If NC was last seen possibly walking toward the water, maybe she took a ferry up to British Columbia and they met up there. Maybe they are using that camping gear after all, but not in Mexico.

I’ve been assuming that AA picked NC up in Seattle in a car, but we don’t have any evidence of that, right? A similar car with Idaho plates was allegedly seen crossing into Mexico, but we haven’t heard anything else about that car since?

the police said the car crossed the border right? but no record of it coming back? then I'm inclined to think they're in Mexico or another country

unless they had someone drive the car over and dump it

Do you mean the video has been released, or is this what we’re imagining?

My parents took me camping as a toddler, but they camped regularly. It doesn’t sound like AA does. Even if he was invited on a trip with friends, why take her? Definitely feels like a ruse.

Camping in Montana sounds like a good place to not have cell service in case SH tried to get a hold of him. If it kept her from panicking for a few days, it could buy him more time.

I just wonder if he meant to first disappear with Seraya in Montana, then drive up to Canada from there.

Other sleuthers have discussed the ferries in Seattle. . . . If NC was last seen possibly walking toward the water, maybe she took a ferry up to British Columbia and they met up there. Maybe they are using that camping gear after all, but not in Mexico.

I’ve been assuming that AA picked NC up in Seattle in a car, but we don’t have any evidence of that, right? A similar car with Idaho plates was allegedly seen crossing into Mexico, but we haven’t heard anything else about that car since?
All three of them would have needed to have their passports with them, to be allowed entry into Canada, even if AA drove and she took the Victoria Clipper by herself to Vancouver ID and Travel Requirements | Clipper Vacations

It's assumed they're together but how they met up or where, is really unknown. Did he come to Seattle or did she make her way somehow to Moscow, or Montana, or wherever he was? We don't really know any of that.

Fraudulent passports are a possibility, if this was planned in advance. Kaitlyn Armstrong managed to flee to Costa Rica using (I believe) her sister’s passport. I bet there’s a big market on the dark web for stolen or falsified documents. (If AA researched this on his computer, the FBI knows.)

I got a call from LE a couple of years ago that my father had been found dead in South Korea. I was in shock — South Korea?? . . . Until I called my mom and found out he was actually at home, five minutes away from me, alive and well. Someone had stolen my dad’s identity because they shared a resemblance, and he managed to live quietly and work using my dad’s name for years, unbeknownst to him. He even had a Facebook and LinkedIn in my dad’s name. And with the guy now dead, we’d never find out why or how he did it — or even who he really was.

Anyway, I assume it’s possible that AA and NC tried to flee to Canada and it didn’t work out, so they ended up driving down to Mexico instead. I’ve also wondered if the FBI could’ve fabricated the story about the Cadillac being spotted in Mexico to throw AA and NC off so they’d let their guard down.

I really believe LE knows where they are and are on their heels. Otherwise I think there’d be more press releases, amber alerts, etc. telling people to keep their eyes out for them and their vehicle, especially in places along the Mexico border. (Unless there have been?)

I think they will slip up or run out of money soon!

the police said the car crossed the border right? but no record of it coming back? then I'm inclined to think they're in Mexico or another country

unless they had someone drive the car over and dump it
I find the whole car thing really weird. How many other cases of people fleeing to Mexico have we seen where LE posts a CCTV picture of the vehicle at a location near or at the border? Why no pictures of the vehicle in this case, or any detail at all where or by whom the vehicle was actually seen? Why so flippin' vague?

Yeah, I'm not buying it.

"Initially, Aung was thought to have traveled to Montana because he was seen buying camping gear and a Montana map book in Moscow. However, the investigation later revealed that Aung and Cole likely traveled to Mexico in a black 2014 Cadillac XTS with Idaho license 1L5147U."

I find the whole car thing really weird. How many other cases of people fleeing to Mexico have we seen where LE posts a CCTV picture of the vehicle at a location near or at the border? Why no pictures of the vehicle in this case, or any detail at all where or by whom the vehicle was actually seen? Why so flippin' vague?
Agreed.

U.S. Customs and Border Patrol must have pretty advanced surveillance cameras. No description of the driver or passengers?

And even weirder to me . . . No specific place mentioned? Just . . . all of Mexico? I’d think narrowing it down could help people keep an eye out.

I wonder if there’s been any media coverage in MX.

Assuming they are in the US, under which circumstances can ID be requested and possibly verified? Or where a background check could be run?

Just supposing they need medical services, how would that work?

If they need medical services, they just show up to any emergency room or hospital. They can't be denied care. No ID needed and no one's going to do a background check.

ID would be needed at travel hubs, like an airport and at the border. Also if you're going to rent an apartment, apply for a loan, get a job, finance a car, those types of things.

Assuming they are in the US, under which circumstances can ID be requested and possibly verified? Or where a background check could be run?

Just supposing they need medical services, how would that work?
BBM
If you’re a new patient, generally you have to provide ID like a driver’s license. I’m not sure it’s verified though. They often ask on the forms for your SS number, but I don’t provide it and they can’t insist.

I don’t know how AA would prove he’s Seraya’s father if she needed medical treatment.

Thinking outside the box for a moment while there is a long lull in the case.

Do you think AA, NC, and AA's family planned for the public exposure, expecting the public to rally around them, to support them taking a child?

NC didn't disappear quietly but in a dramatic way that would get public attention - pretty young woman vanishes from airport. AA's family made a webpage to air dirty laundry about the mom and to praise AA and NC - quite a public gesture. Both of those actions were completely unnecessary for the task of withholding a child from her mother.

Did they WANT this all to be so public? Surely there are hundreds if not thousands of custodial interference cases, but they made sure theirs was a splash. Why?

Idk. Just thinking aloud here.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm