WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Everything seems to have quieted down.

The Aung family was pretty verbal at first, but nothing lately. Coles only made one public statement (that I know of), and they're also quiet. There are no new interviews with Samara or her mother.

What about the Private Investigator the Coles hired?

It seems like a bit of a longshot for AA and NC to successfully slip away for more than a month now with a PI and the FBI after them.

Everything seems to have quieted down.

The Aung family was pretty verbal at first, but nothing lately. Coles only made one public statement (that I know of), and they're also quiet. There are no new interviews with Samara or her mother.

What about the Private Investigator the Coles hired?

It seems like a bit of a longshot for AA and NC to successfully slip away for more than a month now with a PI and the FBI after them.
The longer this goes on, the more I wonder if they're still alive. Hate to think it, but, yeah.

The longer this goes on, the more I wonder if they're still alive. Hate to think it, but, yeah.
I know. It's an uncomfortable thought, but...

What if (MOO) NC was upset with her parents and decided she'd rather go with AA and Seraya on the camping trip? What if they had every intention of being back before AA's time with Seraya ran out but they ran into foul play?

Unlikely, I know, but I don't see them as being the type of criminal masterminds that can outwit a PI and the FBI this long. MOO

I know. It's an uncomfortable thought, but...

What if (MOO) NC was upset with her parents and decided she'd rather go with AA and Seraya on the camping trip? What if they had every intention of being back before AA's time with Seraya ran out but they ran into foul play?

Unlikely, I know, but I don't see them as being the type of criminal masterminds that can outwit a PI and the FBI this long. MOO
I have thought of something dire happening, but I'm tending to think that is unlikely. For one, there are no indications that either AA or NC are volatile, so I'm taking comfort in assuming their intentions are not to be violent toward themselves or each other. And, running into foul play from an outside party is so remote.

Nothing is impossible, of course, but I still think they are in hiding (and they could be "hiding in plain sight" somewhere, not necessarily in true hiding).

jmo

Last edited:
Well, since we have zero idea where they went or what they are up to, this is a possible scenario and it has often crossed my mind. For example, they tried to take a small boat to enter Canada undetected but never made it to shore. Or they got to shore, and...*things*...went terribly wrong; they got lost, etc. However, if this were the case and they were truly missing, I'd think the Aung family would be releasing statements imploring LE to find their loved ones.

My first hypothetical scenario, which has as much (or little) validity as any other scenario: they are still in the US, in a bustling cosmopolitan city with a large Asian/Burmese population, in a housing situation set up by an Aung family associate or relative who is under LE's radar. Possibly they are living semi openly but protected by family allies in whatever community they are in.
Second hypothetical scenario: same, but in Canada.

This case has little to no coverage in MSM, so not too much chance of them being recognized. However, if they go out solo to do errands, then even less chance of being recognized. Don't forget that we're still living in the time of Covid; masking up is still an option and masks obscure a large part of the face. I still mask up when out shopping. Very few other people do, but no one looks at me askance. It's still considered normal.

I admit to being stunned that they are still at large or at least haven't been found, alive or otherwise, when the FBI is involved. It's been over a month.

Last edited:
Well, since we have zero idea where they went or what they are up to, this is a possible scenario and it has often crossed my mind. For example, they tried to take a small boat to enter Canada undetected but never made it to shore. Or they got to shore, and...*things*...went terribly wrong; they got lost, etc. However, if this were the case and they were truly missing, I'd think the Aung family would be releasing statements imploring LE to find their loved ones.

My first hypothetical scenario, which has as much (or little) validity as any other scenario: they are still in the US, in a bustling cosmopolitan city with a large Asian/Burmese population, in a housing situation set up by an Aung family associate or relative who is under LE's radar. Possibly they are living semi openly but protected by Burmese allies in whatever community they are in.
Second hypothetical scenario: same, but in Canada.

This case has little to no coverage in MSM, so not too much chance of them being recognized. However, if they go out solo to do errands, then even less chance of being recognized. Don't forget that we're living in the time of Covid; masking up is still an option and masks obscure a large part of the face. I still often wear a mask when out shopping.

I admit to being stunned that they are still at large or at least haven't been found, alive or otherwise, when the FBI is involved. It's been over a month.
I was thinking less of an accident, more of something intentional.

Desperate people who have burned all their bridges sometimes do spiteful, selfish, irrevocable things where children are concerned.

MOO

I imagine the Aung family may be more invested in finding their son if they had any reason to believe their son was in trouble/deceased/out of contact. The website they posted very much leads me to think they are secure in the welfare of their son and granddaughter - my opinion.

I was thinking less of an accident, more of something intentional. Desperate people who have burned all their bridges sometimes do spiteful, selfish, irrevocable things where children are concerned. MOO
Ah, I see your point. Or possibly Aaron became overwhelmed.
MOO: I'd be curious to know how "hands on" Aaron was as a dad, or if Mom Aung was the hands-on grandma and she did all the child care, especially while he was at work being a project manager for the family business. Then suddenly he's responsible for being a toddler dad 24-7.

I imagine the Aung family may be more invested in finding their son if they had any reason to believe their son was in trouble/deceased/out of contact. The website they posted very much leads me to think they are secure in the welfare of their son and granddaughter - my opinion.
Yes, this is the catch in the theory: the Aungs' seeming lack of concern over their son and granddaughter's disappearance.

That suggests they know where they are, or at least they think AA intentionally took off with NC and Seraya and they're presplaining to reduce the legal impact.

I just read a post from Shawna Harmon (Samara's mom) on a Facebook group dedicated to finding Seraya. She said Samara had been advised by an attorney not to do any more interviews. She also said that social media outlets where Shawna had shared their side of the story were hit with cease-and-desist letters from Aung's attorney.

If true, that could be one reason we're hearing so little, but I think that's counterproductive. I would never tell a young mother to stop doing interviews because that's how she gets her child's face out there.

If the Aungs are trying to keep the disappearance on the down low, I am even more suspicious that they're involved somehow. MOO

Yet the raid didn't result in any arrests or Seraya's return...

Yes, this is the catch in the theory: the Aungs' seeming lack of concern over their son and granddaughter's disappearance.

That suggests they know where they are, or at least they think AA intentionally took off with NC and Seraya and they're presplaining to reduce the legal impact.

I just read a post from Shawna Harmon (Samara's mom) on a Facebook group dedicated to finding Seraya. She said Samara had been advised by an attorney not to do any more interviews. She also said that social media outlets where Shawna had shared their side of the story were hit with cease-and-desist letters from Aung's attorney.

If true, that could be one reason we're hearing so little, but I think that's counterproductive. I would never tell a young mother to stop doing interviews because that's how she gets her child's face out there.

If the Aungs are trying to keep the disappearance on the down low, I am even more suspicious that they're involved somehow. MOO

Yet the raid didn't result in any arrests or Seraya's return...
A cease-and-desist letter to the mom of your missing grandchild ??

AFTER you yourself created a website posting dirty laundry about the mom??

Yep, that sends a message.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mary0309