WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What i am suspecting as well.y guess is $$$ is doing much of the talking.
I don't think the grandparents are offering LE any money---I think the negotiations are about clarifying what the potential punishment would be. Like, if he returns her now, can we drop the felony charges and lower it to some kind of minor misdemeanour in order to speed up her return?

Just some musings here this morning.

I don’t think that they will be found by the general public.

The flow of money to them is going to be the key.

I would really like to know if this was preplanned and I think it was. If that’s the case they could have a great deal of cash at hand.

They have to shop one way or the other. If cash, they’re out there shopping OR they have someone that is assisting them. Family/family friend. Could be using Gift Cards. Visa/Mastercard.

If they don’t have cash then they’re using on line modes which is going to be much trickier. PayPal, Credit, Debit. These are all traceable. Gift Cards are not. Money is flowing from somewhere to keep these guys afloat. I really think they have local assistance wherever they may be.

I had another thought today.

What if this whole story about saving Seraya from an unfit mother is just a cover. Maybe something else was at play.

I’m wondering if the accusations of something happening to Seraya, while in the care of Aron, precipitated an unplanned exit. Did the mother threaten to report him to LE for abuse? Had she already? Did she turn the tables on him.

In a panic Aron decides he can’t let Seraya go back to her mother because she will have signs of neglect or abuse. He contacts NC and tells her a concocted story of how Samara has reported him to LE and he’s going to end up in jail. To save Seraya from her bad, abusive mother and now himself he has to run. In a panic herself now, she drops everything and goes to be with him and Seraya.

This escapade may not be about keeping Seraya safe at all. It may be that he’s running to save himself. It would explain the parents’ statement/website setting the table and pre explaining certain things. Gotta love it when someone starts giving details and you never asked to begin with.

Just wondering out loud here.

MOO

Just some musings here this morning.

I don’t think that they will be found by the general public.

The flow of money to them is going to be the key.

I would really like to know if this was preplanned and I think it was. If that’s the case they could have a great deal of cash at hand.

They have to shop one way or the other. If cash, they’re out there shopping OR they have someone that is assisting them. Family/family friend. Could be using Gift Cards. Visa/Mastercard.

If they don’t have cash then they’re using on line modes which is going to be much trickier. PayPal, Credit, Debit. These are all traceable. Gift Cards are not. Money is flowing from somewhere to keep these guys afloat. I really think they have local assistance wherever they may be.

I had another thought today.

What if this whole story about saving Seraya from an unfit mother is just a cover. Maybe something else was at play.

I’m wondering if the accusations of something happening to Seraya, while in the care of Aron, precipitated an unplanned exit. Did the mother threaten to report him to LE for abuse? Had she already? Did she turn the tables on him.

In a panic Aron decides he can’t let Seraya go back to her mother because she will have signs of neglect or abuse. He contacts NC and tells her a concocted story of how Samara has reported him to LE and he’s going to end up in jail. To save Seraya from her bad, abusive mother and now himself he has to run. In a panic herself now, she drops everything and goes to be with him and Seraya.

This escapade may not be about keeping Seraya safe at all. It may be that he’s running to save himself. It would explain the parents’ statement/website setting the table and pre explaining certain things. Gotta love it when someone starts giving details and you never asked to begin with.

Just wondering out loud here.

MOO
Lots of good and well-thought-out theories here.

I especially agree with AA contacting NC and telling her he has to run -- I can't think of any other reason she would have taken off like she did. When and where she did. That's just insane.

What surprises me a little is that there were no arrests stemming from the raid. On the Pullman PD page, they say the Sheriff's Department, State Police, and FBI were all involved in the raid. Yet, nothing. Crickets.

That makes me consider AA might have planned this on his own to keep his family safe, but they may have suspected it, which is why they immediately jumped to his defense. All the info they had about Samara had to have come from AA, so did he regularly trash Samara to his parents?

And, no Amber Alert.

I also question whether Samara thought this might happen. In the interview, her mother says Samara called her from the PD screaming. That might be an exaggeration, but if she really was screaming, why was she screaming? At that point, there was no real evidence AA had absconded with Seraya. Just that he was late and (according to the note from the Aungs) he might have been delayed. That makes me wonder if AA and Samara had some sort of conversation or argument recently. JMOO

I just don't think most parents would scream at that point. They might get angry, swear, or make plans to go back to court and get more custody.

It just makes me wonder if something was brewing between them.

Lots of good and well-thought-out theories here.

I especially agree with AA contacting NC and telling her he has to run -- I can't think of any other reason she would have taken off like she did. When and where she did. That's just insane.

What surprises me a little is that there were no arrests stemming from the raid. On the Pullman PD page, they say the Sheriff's Department, State Police, and FBI were all involved in the raid. Yet, nothing. Crickets.

That makes me consider AA might have planned this on his own to keep his family safe, but they may have suspected it, which is why they immediately jumped to his defense. All the info they had about Samara had to have come from AA, so did he regularly trash Samara to his parents?

And, no Amber Alert.

I also question whether Samara thought this might happen. In the interview, her mother says Samara called her from the PD screaming. That might be an exaggeration, but if she really was screaming, why was she screaming? At that point, there was no real evidence AA had absconded with Seraya. Just that he was late and (according to the note from the Aungs) he might have been delayed. That makes me wonder if AA and Samara had some sort of conversation or argument recently. JMOO

I just don't think most parents would scream at that point. They might get angry, swear, or make plans to go back to court and get more custody.

It just makes me wonder if something was brewing between them.
I think screaming indicates she was infuriated, frustrated, offended, and scared by the antics of the Aung family. I seriously doubt it was the first time they treated her horribly, and this time it rose to the level of withholding her child. I don't doubt she was screaming or that it was warrented.

my two cents.

jmo

I’m not a hundred percent convinced the purpose of the raid on the Aung’s house was to retrieve evidence in order to arrest the grandparents. IMO it’s more likely that LE was searching for evidence that could help locate Seraya.

Did we ever clarify Aaron’s permanent address? Was he still living with his parents?
JMO

Pullman Police say the warrant authorized the search of the home itself, vehicles and persons to help collect evidence related to the disappearance of Aung, his two-year-old daughter and 21-year-old Nadia Cole, who was reported missing to the Port of Seattle Police Department.

I’m not a hundred percent convinced the purpose of the raid on the Aung’s house was to retrieve evidence in order to arrest the grandparents. IMO it’s more likely that LE was searching for evidence that could help locate Seraya.

Did we ever clarify Aaron’s permanent address? Was he still living with his parents?
JMO

Pullman Police say the warrant authorized the search of the home itself, vehicles and persons to help collect evidence related to the disappearance of Aung, his two-year-old daughter and 21-year-old Nadia Cole, who was reported missing to the Port of Seattle Police Department.
I agree.

I think their “statement” opened the door to obtaining the search warrant. It got LE in the door.

IMO, as much as I personally think the Aung family is involved somehow, it’s better in the long run to have them feel comfortable in the hopes they slip up and inadvertently lead LE to the couple and Seraya. Charge them and throw them in jail now and you’ve lost an opportunity/link/avenue to finding Seraya.

LE has lots of time to arrest the Aung’s for whatever participation they may have had, continue to have, or may have in the future, in this whole event. LE wants Seraya home safe and sound. That’s their goal. The rest will fall into place.

MOO

Following the Avantae Deven case has taught me that sometimes these cases move very slowly, but still result in arrest(s). I'm not 100% that anyone besides Aaron will be arrested, but I'm feeling more strongly than not that there will be some outcome of the house search. JMO.

Following the Avantae Deven case has taught me that sometimes these cases move very slowly, but still result in arrest(s). I'm not 100% that anyone besides Aaron will be arrested, but I'm feeling more strongly than not that there will be some outcome of the house search. JMO.
yes! and i imagine that if LE have an idea of where aaron, nadia and seraya are, it’s crucial to keep them unaware of it so they don’t flee

we can’t be sure of course, but a sudden breakthrough any day wouldn’t surprise me

I agree.

I think their “statement” opened the door to obtaining the search warrant. It got LE in the door.

IMO, as much as I personally think the Aung family is involved somehow, it’s better in the long run to have them feel comfortable in the hopes they slip up and inadvertently lead LE to the couple and Seraya. Charge them and throw them in jail now and you’ve lost an opportunity/link/avenue to finding Seraya.

LE has lots of time to arrest the Aung’s for whatever participation they may have had, continue to have, or may have in the future, in this whole event. LE wants Seraya home safe and sound. That’s their goal. The rest will fall into place.

MOO
Good point about holding off on any arrests.

I was thinking along the lines of the arrest of a family member putting more pressure on AA to give up and come home.

But either way, I'm surprised that Seraya is stilln't back, given all the agencies working on this. That's a lot of LE muscle and intelligence versus two young (seemingly impetuous) adults. Plus, there's a private investigator involved.

The whole thing seems to have gone quiet, and I see that as detrimental. Lawyers and LE are fond of telling the people involved to stop talking or posting on social media, but I feel that backfires. In the case of missing people, tips roll in when the public is aware someone is missing. The quieter it is, the easier it is for AA and NC to slip under the radar.

City of Pullman Police department just issued a statement they have been found!

Over the weekend, authorities located missing two-year-old Seraya Aung Harmon at a roadside checkpoint near Santa Ana, Mexico.

Over the weekend, authorities located missing two-year-old Seraya Aung Harmon at a roadside checkpoint near Santa Ana, Mexico.
Wow, I did not see that coming!

Aaron Aung is currently being held in the Santa Cruz County Detention Center in Nogales, Arizona, awaiting extradition back to Whitman County on an outstanding warrant for Custodial Interference 1st Degree. Cole was subsequently deported back to the United States. Seraya has been in the care of Arizona Child Protective Services.

from the PD FB statement

AMEN! I notice that thus far Nadia has not been charged she was simply deported. Aaron is being held for the extradition process because he already had a warrant issued for his failure to return his child to her mother. I am very curious to see if authorities end up charging Nadia as well. I am sure NC's family is very relieved to know she is safe and well.

Wow! I did not expect this outcome at all! I was getting ready to post that the silence on this case lead me to believe they were all deceased.

Very glad to have been wrong! Hopefully The baby is healthy and happy as can be in this situation.

Oh, thank goodness.

Welcome home, Seraya. So many people have been worried about you. May you be back in your mother's arms without delay.

BEST. NEWS. EVER!!!

Yay!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Red_Herring