Found Safe WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm hoping she participated to an extent that she gets charged with something, either forged instrument, obstruction of justice, etc. or something along those lines.
Oh, I think crossing the border into Mexico with a missing child will definitely result in federal international kidnapping.
Moo

Last edited:
"Secure private location...recovering from her ordeal..."

MOO: Strongly suspect that each word in that statement was carefully crafted by NC's parents' lawyer(s), as part of a legal strategy aimed at thwarting any potential charges/legal culpability.
Exactly what I thought - those sound like lawyer's words. I personally hope she is held accountable from a criminal standpoint for what occurred. She wasn't forced to join him, she could have gotten on that plane with her parents. Now IMO it's just damage control.

Taking the child to another country, elevates the situation. They're not tangling with the local police anymore, it will be federal charges. Moo

The U.S. Department of State handles the coordination of return efforts with foreign officials and law enforcement and serves as the left-behind parent’s point of contact on related requests for the return of the child to the United States. The Department of State can also provide parents and law enforcement with country specific information on diverse topics such as custody and immigration laws, can request that a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad verify entry of the taking parent or child into that country, and can attempt to check on the child’s welfare. Parents whose children have been wrongfully removed or retained from the United States should immediately contact the Department of State, Office of Children’s Issues, which operates 24 hours a day: www.travel.state.gov.

"Cole was deported back to the United States and voluntarily came back to her parents. Cole's parents, Kirk and Beata, say she was found safe in Mexico on July 4, and is now recovering from her ordeal at a secure private location. They also said she's cooperating with authorities to help aid in the safe return of Aaron and Seraya."

Emphasis added by me- my guess is she could have cooperated with authorities at any point during the ordeal she is recovering from. She is in trouble, they are just deciding what to charge her with until they speak to both of them.

Wow, I did not see this coming, either, and really didn't think they'd still be in Mexico. So glad they're all safe and that can justice can be served. The question for me is - will Nadia turn on Aung and claim she wasn't a willing participant past a certain point? "Recovering from her ordeal" implies, to me, that she may not have been a happy camper all this time.

Did NCs parents hire Security Services to search?
I wondered that too. Their statement says, “We would especially like to thank Security Services Northwest for their initial role as a central hub for tips and information as the missing persons case was progressing.”

I’m not entirely sure what that means or what the scope of being a “hub” entailed.

From the company’s website:

“We provide total security services for residential and commercial customers. We also provide nationwide dispatch and telephone answering services to a range of businesses and public utility companies.

“Our 24-hour monitoring facility allows us to receive calls and dispatch 24/7. This in-house, around the-clock capability means SSNW clients have a consistent and readily available communications link.

“We provide private, local, state, and federal government agencies with private alternatives to complex issues.”

Exactly what I thought - those sound like lawyer's words. I personally hope she is held accountable from a criminal standpoint for what occurred. She wasn't forced to join him, she could have gotten on that plane with her parents. Now IMO it's just damage control.
Legal matters aside IMO the behavior of both sets of grandparents help explain the selfish and reckless behavior of their kids. Poor Seraya!

Last edited:
"Since her return, Nadia has been fully cooperating with authorities to help locate and aid in the safe return of Aaron Aung and 2-year-old Seraya Aung Harmon," Kirk and Beata said in a statement. "

Can we read from this that Nadia returned before they found Seraya and Aung and she helped locate them???

"Since her return, Nadia has been fully cooperating with authorities to help locate and aid in the safe return of Aaron Aung and 2-year-old Seraya Aung Harmon," Kirk and Beata said in a statement. "

Can we read from this that Nadia returned before they found Seraya and Aung and she helped locate them???
not according to what LE has released. Personally, this spin/attorney speak (MOO) is about optics and NC's family trying to do damage control to her reputation. I don't take it as fact. all reports indicate that both NC and AA were located during a roadside check, had Seraya with them, and both were taken into custody.

They’d only need enhanced drivers licenses, not necessarily passports. At least that’s how it used to be.

Our two little temporary ex-pats may have chosen the western side of the Mexican state of Sonora deliberately. The west part of Sonora is a "hassle-free zone". Details here: Mexico Free Zone (also Mexico Free Border Zone). This web page has a map with the borders of the hassle-free zone. Highways 15 and 2, which converge in Santa Ana (where NC and AA were caught), are used to define the eastern edge of the hassle-free zone.

More information here:
Progressive insurance (thanks, Flo!) has a web page devoted to bringing a car into Mexico, along with other good information about documents needed to travel in Mexico. Requirements for driving to Mexico

With the confusion of the timing of the spin post by NC's parents and various news sources saying AA and NC were caught together, maybe NC secretly made contact with her family or the PI service and she was told to play along until they could safely grab all 3? Maybe? Imo.

Just trying to reconcile the various versions of the story that are out there.

I am so happy all 3 are safe.

With the confusion of the timing of the spin post by NC's parents and various news sources saying AA and NC were caught together, maybe NC secretly made contact with her family or the PI service and she was told to play along until they could safely grab all 3? Maybe? Imo.

Just trying to reconcile the various versions of the story that are out there.

I am so happy all 3 are safe.
We shall see... I am leaning with the prevailing opinion that she is in trouble and her parents are attempting to pre-release their version of the story to blunt the damage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back