Found Safe WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
With the confusion of the timing of the spin post by NC's parents and various news sources saying AA and NC were caught together, maybe NC secretly made contact with her family or the PI service and she was told to play along until they could safely grab all 3? Maybe? Imo.

Just trying to reconcile the various versions of the story that are out there.

I am so happy all 3 are safe.
Right. Maybe she told him she was taking a walk to get groceries or something and then made a few phone calls...

We shall see... I am leaning with the prevailing opinion that she is in trouble and her parents are attempting to pre-release their version of the story to blunt the damage.
That's probably it. Or, she might have even told them something like that.

I doubt she'll get a kidnapping charge--since the actual person who absconded with Seraya is only charged with custodial interference. She had permission from the biological father, but she sure should have known better.

She knew they were running, but she may have believed his stories that Seraya was in danger. I hope she speaks out and lets us know.

Our two little temporary ex-pats may have chosen the western side of the Mexican state of Sonora deliberately. The west part of Sonora is a "hassle-free zone". Details here: Mexico Free Zone (also Mexico Free Border Zone). This web page has a map with the borders of the hassle-free zone. Highways 15 and 2, which converge in Santa Ana (where NC and AA were caught), are used to define the eastern edge of the hassle-free zone.

More information here:
Progressive insurance (thanks, Flo!) has a web page devoted to bringing a car into Mexico, along with other good information about documents needed to travel in Mexico. Requirements for driving to Mexico
In Washington we have enhanced drivers licenses which allow you to travel to Mexico and Canada without a passport. I think only a few states offer this

I'm trying to keep up with the details here, but lots of rumor is coming into the thread that doesn't appear to be from MSM or another approved source so I won't be taking those things as fact until someone links to them as such. Until then they are rumor. JMO MOO IMO

The fact is, the Coles released a statement within the last 24 hours claiming that their daughter was helping to locate her fiancé and his daughter when in fact those individuals had already been found - on Saturday July 6th. their statement showed up long after Seraya was safely back on US soil, NC was in the secured location "recovering" from her "ordeal" and AA was in custody. So, yeah, color me skeptical.

I'm trying to keep up with the details here, but lots of rumor is coming into the thread that doesn't appear to be from MSM or another approved source so I won't be taking those things as fact until someone links to them as such. Until then they are rumor. JMO MOO IMO

The fact is, the Coles released a statement within the last 24 hours claiming that their daughter was helping to locate her fiancé and his daughter when in fact those individuals had already been found - on Saturday July 6th. their statement showed up long after Seraya was safely back on US soil, NC was in the secured location "recovering" from her "ordeal" and AA was in custody. So, yeah, color me skeptical.
I hear ya. Maybe they meant "was helping" in the past tense, in that she possibly theoretically helped on Saturday July 6 or just prior, and they conveniently left out that they'd been located.

I too will be skeptical of the person who helped to transport a child across international borders and left her parents standing in the airport until significant evidence to change that stance comes to light. She has no credibility at this time.

The fact is, the Coles released a statement within the last 24 hours claiming that their daughter was helping to locate her fiancé and his daughter when in fact those individuals had already been found - on Saturday July 6th.
They claim NC was “found” on July 4 though . . . if so, that would be several days before AA and Seraya were seemingly found.

“On July 4th, our daughter, Nadia Cole, was found safe and unharmed by Mexico police and was safely transported to the border to re-enter the U.S. where she voluntarily came back to her parents.”

Not that I’m convinced NC helped much . . . at least not enthusiastically. Will be interesting to learn more about the timeline as details unfold.

Last edited:
In Washington we have enhanced drivers licenses which allow you to travel to Mexico and Canada without a passport. I think only a few states offer this
Texas has enhanced drivers licenses and in the next year or so, any air travel will require an enhanced drivers license.

The MexPro web site is clear that a passport or passport card is required for ALL non-residents travelling in Mexico.

A Valid Passport: All foreign visitors are required by law to have a valid passport, passport card, or proof of legal residency to travel anywhere in Mexico. It is possible you will not be asked to present it, but it is the law.

Note: A passport card is ONLY valid for land travel in the free border zone and not for travel to the territory of the Mexican Republic.

Mexico Tourist Permit (FMM): All foreign visitors to Mexico must carry a Mexico visitors permit (Forma Migratoria Múltiple or FMM) regardless of where they travel, including within the Mexico Free Zone. To obtain the FMM permit, you will need a valid passport or passport card.

Last edited:
They claim NC was “found” on July 4 though — so that would be several days before it seems AA and Seraya were found.

Not that I’m convinced NC helped much . . . at least not enthusiastically. Will be interesting to learn more about the timeline as details unfold.
they claim several things that color NC as some victim. I'll let LE be my guide in that respect.

and I agree with you, I look forward to learning more details about how this all unfolded.

Wow, I did not see this coming, either, and really didn't think they'd still be in Mexico. So glad they're all safe and that can justice can be served. The question for me is - will Nadia turn on Aung and claim she wasn't a willing participant past a certain point? "Recovering from her ordeal" implies, to me, that she may not have been a happy camper all this time.
From all observations IMO, NC appears to have willingly left of her own accord - accompanied her boyfriend - while leaving her family in the ‘lurch’. And then further aiding to abscond with the boyfriend’s young daughter.

Unfortunately I am having trouble finding any sympathy for her. Or for her boyfriend either.

Just relieved that the young child is apparently unharmed.

The other two should be charged to the fullest, equally if appropriate - prosecuted for their crimes, and also have to pay restitution for any charges possible. The time, expense, fear, and resources that went into this are frankly disgusting IMO and unfortunate. MOO

They claim NC was “found” on July 4 though . . . if so, that would be several days before AA and Seraya were seemingly found.

“On July 4th, our daughter, Nadia Cole, was found safe and unharmed by Mexico police and was safely transported to the border to re-enter the U.S. where she voluntarily came back to her parents.”

I’m wondering if that’s how they’re spinning that she was caught. IMO we may never find out either. This story was never very big to begin with

Texas has enhanced drivers licenses and in the next year or so, any air travel will require an enhanced drivers license.

The MexPro web site is clear that a pass port or passport card is required for ALL non-residents travelling in Mexico.

A Valid Passport: All foreign visitors are required by law to have a valid passport, passport card, or proof of legal residency to travel anywhere in Mexico. It is possible you will not be asked to present it, but it is the law.

Note: A passport card is ONLY valid for land travel in the free border zone and not for travel to the territory of the Mexican Republic.

Mexico Tourist Permit (FMM): All foreign visitors to Mexico must carry a Mexico visitors permit (Forma Migratoria Múltiple or FMM) regardless of where they travel, including within the Mexico Free Zone. To obtain the FMM permit, you will need a valid passport or passport card.
I’ve been hearing for quite a few years it will be required for air travel soon, so I have no idea what they’re doing with it lol. I looked it up and it is valid for travel to Canada. Not sure why I thought Mexico was included. Edited again, it acts as a passport card.

Legal matters aside IMO the behavior of both sets of grandparents help explain the selfish and reckless behavior of their kids. Poor Seraya!
Yes MsMarple! Absolutely!^^^

It does seem that the actions of both sets of grandparents are somewhat suspect. And perhaps that dynamic contributed in part to this debacle? Difficult not to believe that based on what is known til now.

And the confusing statement just released on behalf of NC parents further confounds. I was dismayed, that the official ‘statement’ from the security service made on their behalf IMO gave no acknowledgment or thanking of Mexican authorities.

One thing that does seem clearer, perhaps AA and NC deserve each other. Perfectly. Whether or not they are allowed to have any parental or custodial rights to the child they kidnapped will be another question for the courts.

And as you noted……. The poor dear child. Sad. :( MOO

Just My Opinion, however, I don't believe the statement put out by Nadia's parents any more than the original statement put out by the Aungs.

With what has come out so far, I still suspect the Aung family rather than Aaron and Nadia of being behind this whole episode, although Aaron is definitely guilty of his part in obtaining possession of Seraya and driving to Mexico. I'm not trying to minimize his part or guilt in this. I suspect this plan started when Samara fought for custody/shared custody of Seraya.

Nadia is only 21 and probably still somewhat naive. We don't know what Aaron and/or the Aungs told her. Although unlikely, it is possible that she thought Aaron was in danger and she was meeting him alone. Also, as others have suggested, she may have been convinced that Seraya was in imminent danger.

I'm continuing to wait for charging documents and the trial. Only then will we find out the truth or at least what LE thinks is the truth.

Legal matters aside IMO the behavior of both sets of grandparents help explain the selfish and reckless behavior of their kids. Poor Seraya!
Who do you mean by both sets of grandparents? Do you mean AA's and NC's parents? NC's parents are not the grandparents. I'm unaware of the maternal set of grandparents being problematic - did I miss something?

jmo

I don't know. I have not looked up the laws for the state he took her from. I did not look up , taking her out of the country. I did not look up the laws for not bringing her back as scheduled. I'm pretty sure though, there will be some big fines. For both of them. Maybe no more custody and maybe some jail time. Seems pretty appropriate to me.
It's Washington. Regardless of the RCW on the books, he will take a plea to avoid trial and move on with his life fairly quickly. Our family court is a total joke. Our entire court system is pathetic.

Now taking her across state lines as well as the border, that is federal, so thankfully it won't matter how lax Washington's courts are.

I can’t wrap my head around why they were so close to the border, where it seems more likely to be spotted.

Maybe the English language and American currency are more prevalent there?

Car problems?

Or are they just . . . not that smart? No plan, no ideas for what to do or where to go?

Did they hang around that area the whole time, or did they return there?

My theory is that they got desperate and planned to try sneaking back into the U.S. — they thought it would be safer to go separately, and NC went first.

It could make the seemingly conflicting claims from both her parents and the media true: She was returning “voluntarily,” but she also got caught doing it and was subsequently “deported.”

My own ponderings . . .

Last edited:
I’ve been hearing for quite a few years it will be required for air travel soon, so I have no idea what they’re doing with it lol. I looked it up and it is valid for travel to Canada. Not sure why I thought Mexico was included. Edited again, it acts as a passport card.
In WA we can only get into Canada with our enhanced license, but with the NEXUS card you can do both Canada and Mexico. Bonus is the shorter NEXUS lines.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back