Found Safe WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I still don't see what they thought they would gain from crossing over into Mexico, instead of just staying in the US. There's really not a whole lot of difference when it comes to jurisdictional issues if you're an American wanted fugitive. Obviously, Mexico has an extradition treaty w/the US and honors it, and Mexican authorities seem to cooperate with American LE and will work with them without much trouble, imo.

There doesn't seem to be much practical difference whether they're caught in Mexico or in any American state. And I thought this was common knowledge. The only people for whom running to Mexico might be a good plan are those who have family or friends living in Mexico and who would be willing to help. But still, that presents a lot if problems too, and it still wouldn't be safe for them to run around freely, as if they weren't on the lam. I think it would be a pretty limited life.

But if you don't have family and other resources you would need in country, imo, it's a terrible plan. I don't see any benefits to it these days. Probably same with Canada really. If you could somehow get yourself to a non-extradition country, that's different. But that's a much bigger move than Mexico or Canada, and not just in distance, but culturally as well. I think the days of fugitives being able to successfully run from their crimes by hopping the border are behind us nowadays. I'm surprised no one talked them out of doing it. Maybe they didn't tell anyone, but I doubt that. All he ended up doing by leaving the country was make his charges more serious.

Aung made his first federal court appearance this morning:

"From the get-go, we were able to harness all of our local and federal resources to really effectively identify where the child was located. And then move quickly on these federal charges."

The United States is also asking for Aung to be detained until trial.

There is a preliminary hearing as well as a motion for detention hearing scheduled for Thursday, August 8 at 1:30 p.m. "

More at link:

What was that sentence we were fed -- good moral character? Federal. International. Kidnapping. Charges.

Thankfully he was detained before he could make additional, worse decisions. Forget his character, his judgment leaves him a danger to himself and others.

JMO

Hey Everyone,
Remember the days when I used to come on and whine and ask for money? Remember how annoying all those ads were on the forum? The good news is that thanks to our partnership with Othram, we are free of my whining and those obnoxious ads.
If you like the fact that we are ad-free then please consider making a monthly donation to DNA Solves.com CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR A MONTHLY DONATION TO DNA SOLVES
By subscribing and making a monthly donation, you will be helping the families finally get the answers they deserve.
The amazing people at DNA Solves/Othram care deeply about finding the families of the unidentified.
Even 5 dollars a month would go a long way to finding the families of the unidentified.
Please do not discuss this on this thread. CLICK HERE if you would like to discuss further or have any questions.
Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Manager/Websleuths.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member