WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
[...]

2-year-old Seraya Aung Harmon was last seen with her father, Aaron Aung of Moscow, Idaho, on May 29.

According to police, the father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return.

The toddler was supposed to be returned to her mother in Pullman on June 3.

[...]

They believe Aaron Aung might be traveling with 21-year-old Nadia Cole, formally from Pullman. Cole was reported missing to the Seattle Police Department on May 28.

[...]

Media, Maps and Timeline *NO DISCUSSION*

Nadia’s previous thread: WA - WA - Nadia Erika Cole, 22, missing from SeaTac, 29 May 2024

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: merge cleanup> I don’t know why, but the first thing that popped into my head was someone contacted her or approached her with some made up story, sort of how you hear of fake calls being made in your love one’s voice saying please help me or whatever. I know it says her phone was left behind though, so the whole thing is very weird. Was she alone at the airport?

As I was posting this, I saw the next post indicating she may be with the young man and missing 2 year old that was supposed to be returned to her mother. So my first thought was clearly way off. Sounds like a custody dispute. I’m thinking the man mentioned is probably her finance.

Last edited by a moderator:
VERY strange----I find it very odd that Nadia would walk away from her airport luggage to go and meet up with this man and his child---without telling her family anything about it.....Did Aaron tell her an urgent story about needing to run off with his child, or he'd lose custody forever? I don't get it.

www.king5.com

Nadia Cole, a recent WSU grad, reported missing after departing SEA Airport

21-year-old Nadia Erika Cole was last seen leaving the airport just after 3 p.m. on May 29.
www.king5.com
www.king5.com
[...]

Nadia Erika Cole, 21, was last seen leaving the airport just after 3 p.m. on May 29. The Fife Police Department said she "may have been seen" in the City of Fife recently.

[...]

According to a press release from her family's private investigator, Cole left her belongings at an airport gate to use the restroom but never returned. She was then seen leaving the airport with "a distressed expression." The last known sighting of her was outside the airport near the light rail platform north of the parking garage.

After recently graduating college with honors, Cole was also preparing to go on a family trip to Italy in the near future. In the press release, her family called the circumstances leading up to her disappearance "entirely out of character for her."

[...]

[VERY strange----I find it very odd that Nadia would walk away from her airport luggage to go and meet up with this man and his child---without telling her family anything about it.....Did Aaron tell her an urgent story about needing to run off with his child, or he'd lose custody forever? I don't get it.]

VERY strange----I find it very odd that Nadia would walk away from her airport luggage to go and meet up with this man and his child---without telling her family anything about it.....Did Aaron tell her an urgent story about needing to run off with his child, or he'd lose custody forever? I don't get it.
According to her ig, the man in question is her fiancée.

ETA MSM:
"They believe Aaron Aung might be traveling with 21-year-old Nadia Cole. Pullman police said the two are in a relationship, and according to Cole's sister's Facebook page, the couple is engaged."

from the first opening article
..." Assuming she was travelling to Port Angeles, getting there from SeaTac...."
Port Angeles is right across the water from Vancouver Island, BC.
Could they be trying to get to Canada? Could Aaron have planned something in advance, boat?

Did he even go fishing with the daughter?

Were they fishing in a boat, or just on a pier, or simply fishing from the area around the lake? Was Nadia Cole with them or going to meet them somewhere? If so, IMO, this throws a kink in what may have happened and where they were going to meet.
If the 3 of them were together, did they go fishing in Montana or was that a ruse? Just throwing that out there. (Please forgive if I'm too far out on a nutso limb.)
Certainly hoping they are all three okay whether the three are together or not.
Seraya's mom must be worried sick.
(I don't use FB, so I may have missed info that explains more than I know.)
Hoping for good news for all of them.

I wonder if this is intentionally vague. It could mean Nadia purposely put them down and left them behind, it could mean she accidentally forgot them, or it could mean she had to leave quickly and had no choice but to leave them. Very different scenarios
MOO
I'm considering it more likely now that she intentionally tried to 'mysteriously disappear' from the airport, but cameras caught her leaving, anyway.

JMO

from the first opening article
..." Assuming she was travelling to Port Angeles, getting there from SeaTac...."
Port Angeles is right across the water from Vancouver Island, BC.
Could they be trying to get to Canada? Could Aaron have planned something in advance, boat?

Did he even go fishing with the daughter?
That is definitely a monitored waterway, because of drug smuggling.

I don't think he went to Montana, I think he drove somewhere to meet up with his fiance.

It's seems a very bad idea, how do they think they'd get away with it. Where will they go?

That is definitely a monitored waterway, because of drug smuggling.

I don't think he went to Montana, I think he drove somewhere to meet up with his fiance.

It's seems a very bad idea, how do they think they'd get away with it. Where will they go?

If the possible spotting of Nadia in Fife is accurate, they could have all met at the Link station or somewhere nearby and went to (or through) Fife. It's about a 20 minute drive from the airport to Fife.

Is Aaron's vehicle missing, too? I haven't seen any mention of him having a vehicle or what kind of vehicle people should be on the look out for. If he was supposedly going to Montana to fish/camp, surely he went in some kind of vehicle.

Is Aaron's vehicle missing, too? I haven't seen any mention of him having a vehicle or what kind of vehicle people should be on the look out for. If he was supposedly going to Montana to fish/camp, surely he went in some kind of vehicle.
You're right, no description of a missing vehicle. Surely that would be reported if LE knew?

Just speculating, but perhaps his vehicle has been found empty (or never left his home).

Certainly, for this plot to work at all, they'd have to be in a vehicle police didn't know about.

JMO

If you mean getting away to Canada, that is a truly easy couple hours of low speed motoring away. And there's no border control for boats. And it's not nearly as monitored as you think. I've crossed hundreds of times, mostly without telling a soul.

Were they fishing in a boat, or just on a pier, or simply fishing from the area around the lake? Was Nadia Cole with them or going to meet them somewhere? If so, IMO, this throws a kink in what may have happened and where they were going to meet.
If the 3 of them were together, did they go fishing in Montana or was that a ruse? Just throwing that out there. (Please forgive if I'm too far out on a nutso limb.)
Certainly hoping they are all three okay whether the three are together or not.
Seraya's mom must be worried sick.
(I don't use FB, so I may have missed info that explains more than I know.)
Hoping for good news for all of them.
Unfortunately there's very few details. Police only released the BOLO a couple hours ago.

As someone noticed on the Nadia Cole thread, there's no description of a vehicle they are travelling in.

JMO

I wouldn't think you'd be returning from a year away at college with only a shoulder bag. Surely she'd have much more luggage than that. Only having a shoulder bag says to me that she was either leaving for or returning from a very short trip, unless there was more luggage left somewhere (back at the airport?) but that hasn't been mentioned. Or, as you brought up, maybe she wasn't scheduled on any flight and was at the airport/Link station for some other reason.
According to King5 News:After recently graduating college with honors, Cole was also preparing to go on a family trip to Italy. In the press release, her family called the circumstances leading up to her disappearance "entirely out of character for her."

This comes from my area and I didn't see a thread made yet. Sharing as a fellow WSU alum because cougs help cougs.

Nadia Cole Missing Seattle WA: Authorities Looking For 22-Year-Old Last Seen At SeaTac, WA

"Beloved student, daughter, and fiancée Nadia Cole, 22, has been missing since Wednesday, May 29 near SeaTac airport. She left her phone and possessions behind when she was last spotted getting on the Link light rail from SeaTac."

Nadia was last seen leaving SeaTac Airport at 3:08 PM on May 29, 2024 (timestamp on security camera photo near rail platform shows 3:08:56 PM). Last seen wearing black North Face jacket, sage green hoodie, black yoga pants, tan shoulder bag, and white converse sneakers. Possibly wearing prescription glasses. From Port Angeles, WA and a recent graduate from Washington State University.

Family on social media say its highly unusual for Nadia to not be in contact with family and friends. SeaTac is a large international airport, the Link lightrail has 19 stations spanning about 23 miles from Northgate (8 mi from Seattle) to Angle Lake (15 mi from Seattle). Port Angeles is a city in Clallam county, the northwestern most region of Washington state. It is about 90-130 miles from SeaTac depending on if you're driving or taking public transportation. Assuming she was travelling to Port Angeles, getting there from SeaTac would either mean driving south through Tacoma and crossing the Narrows bridge and Hood Canal bridge. Taking the lightrail from SeaTac to get to Port Angeles however, would require taking a ferry at some point and likely needing multiple modes of public transportation or being picked up from a Link station.

View attachment 507566
I’m a Coug also! Thanks for posting! Did she have her phone or leave it behind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rouark50