WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that link. He says he has been to the site and the homeowners were apparently asleep when the van drove down the driveway, past the house and down the steep beach access road (my guess is that it is at the end of Zangle Rd NE at Little Fishtrap). He wonders if she knew of the access road because she had used it on a photoshoot. He also says her overnight bag has been recovered (it says so on the LE flyer) but he doesn't know if it was recovered from the van. He reiterates the person who drove the van there must have known of the secluded access road and wonders if it was her or someone else.

Whoever drove the van down there tried to get it unstuck. I read earlier that the tire tracks made it look like the driver was trying to turn around, got stuck, and then spun the wheels.

Also the resident of the nearby house said the keys were left on the DASHBOARD. That is interesting to me. Why not take them with you when you left...unless you were leaving them for someone else or not planning on returning. But the van was fingerprinted.

From the photos of divers, they are probably looking for evidence like tire tracks or footprints covered by the tide. The low tide was around the time the van was probably left there (10:30) and most of the time the water is higher than that and would cover potential evidence of what happened.

Also the current is strong there. So anything floating in the water would have floated away a long time ago!

Thanks for that link. He says he has been to the site and the homeowners were apparently asleep when the van drove down the driveway, past the house and down the steep beach access road (my guess is that it is at the end of Zangle Rd NE at Little Fishtrap). He wonders if she knew of the access road because she had used it on a photoshoot. He also says her overnight bag has been recovered (it says so on the LE flyer) but he doesn't know if it was recovered from the van. He reiterates the person who drove the van there must have known of the secluded access road and wonders if it was her or someone else.

Where do you see that her overnight back was recovered? TIA.

I thought about the boat idea earlier, but there are tons of other places where it would be way easier to get on a boat. Also, if you didn't want to be seen, why get in the boat right in front of someone's home? There are parks around where it would have been much darker and less populated. Plus, if the boat beached, it would have left a big imprint in the ground. If it did not beach, then they would have had to swim to it or wade.

bbm I have read the link I am not seeing this , is it perhaps another link.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/...return-says-fiance-missing-woman/?partner=RSS

Where do you see that her overnight back was recovered? TIA.

My post is paraphrasing what the commenter to that article says. He says the LE flyer states that her overnight bag was recovered.

Here's a theory...

I keep thinking about how her son told the waitress at the diner "my mom hit her head"

What if she hit her head before they left for the trip? Or more possibly let's say she had a rear-end minor accident on the freeway (remember there was "minor damage" to the bumper) and perhaps that person who hit her didn't have insurance & sped off or they realized it was minor & went about their ways.

Let's just say she doesn't tell her fiance this when talking on the phone to him because it's his vehicle & she doesn't want to tell him about it at this point.

If she did, and hit her head on the steering wheel, got a concussion, how long does it take to display strange behavior if/when one receives a concussion? If this is the case it would explain her strange & confused behavior.

My question would be how long can a "concussed" person go w/o medical attention? And if they didn't get medical attention, what would that look like? I do know they say you can never let a person w/a concussion go to sleep because they might not wake up.

My thought (and I know this is just a crazy theory) is that if the mom was debilitated or fell asleep after they got out of the van, the son would be very scared & not know what to do. Hypothermia... 2 RSO's nearby...

I hope LE has checked in on those RSO's & their places of residence thoroughly.

They have shown the flyer hanging in store fronts on the local news, I think that would be in thurston county. I can see if the flyer is in kitsap county.

Here's a theory...

I keep thinking about how her son told the waitress at the diner "my mom hit her head"

What if she hit her head before they left for the trip? Or more possibly let's say she had a rear-end minor accident on the freeway (remember there was "minor damage" to the bumper) and perhaps that person who hit her didn't have insurance & sped off or they realized it was minor & went about their ways.

Let's just say she doesn't tell her fiance this when talking on the phone to him because it's his vehicle & she doesn't want to tell him about it at this point.

If she did, and hit her head on the steering wheel, got a concussion, how long does it take to display strange behavior if/when one receives a concussion? If this is the case it would explain her strange & confused behavior.

My question would be how long can a "concussed" person go w/o medical attention? And if they didn't get medical attention, what would that look like? I do know they say you can never let a person w/a concussion go to sleep because they might not wake up.

My thought (and I know this is just a crazy theory) is that if the mom was debilitated or fell asleep after they got out of the van, the son would be very scared & not know what to do. Hypothermia... 2 RSO's nearby...

I hope LE has checked in on those RSO's & their places of residence thoroughly.

That year of van would have deployed an air bag (assuming it worked) if she hit something hard enough to hit her head on the steering wheel, and it wasn't deployed. From what I could see, the damage was only some scrapes on the front bumper. Like you'd get if you were backing out of a parking lot and scraped on a car next to you.

Two RSOs nearby?! Yikes, I missed that!! :eek:

It's in the comments, RR...and says "perhaps" she'd used it for a photoshoot location...comments also mention an LE flyer that said they'd found the overnight bag.

Look for this date/time stamp:

# March 16, 2010
# 11:15 p.m

Anybody found the LE flyer yet?

I found it , thanks
This person seems to have a lot of knowledge . For any one trying to find post

March 16, 2010
11:15 p.m.
Suggest removal
Reply to this post
rgdimages#217099

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/...return-says-fiance-missing-woman/?partner=RSS

Bad reporting is not helping us figure anything out.

There was no evidence of a struggle or blood in or around the van, Chamberlain said, but what is suspicious is that an overnight bag with Smiley's and her son's belongings was missing from the van, as was her purse. Her keys were in the ignition and her wallet was in the van. The doors were open as was the back hatch.

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...old-son-continues-Monday-dive-team-scent-dogs

Bad reporting is not helping us figure anything out.

There was no evidence of a struggle or blood in or around the van, Chamberlain said, but what is suspicious is that an overnight bag with Smiley's and her son's belongings was missing from the van, as was her purse. Her keys were in the ignition and her wallet was in the van. The doors were open as was the back hatch.

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...old-son-continues-Monday-dive-team-scent-dogs

No kidding! I haven't read anything about confirmation of an overnight bag - from LE or Robb -- anywhere else....that's why I take those Examiner articles w/ a grain of salt. :twocents:

Now that I've seen the picture of how the van was parked and how large the open area really is, IMO there is no way that she accidentally got stuck trying to turn around. JMO

I don't see a lie. I've been going through news reports again this morning (actually looking to see if they've changed their minds and will be doing ground searches today) and I haven't seen him say specifically that he spoke to her. His wording could easily be a message she left.

Do you have any quotes to support your accusations that he lied?

In case it hasn't been quoted yet:
"I stopped in Toldeo-Vader to make quick repair, when she called me at 6:45 from a phone. She asked me if I could grab her phone, because she had left. I let her know where I was at. She was in the Olympia area, but wasn’t quite sure of where, Azriel was hungry, so she pulled off. She made complaint of being in the traffic. She gave me the destination address and told me she would be there shortly."

That tells me he did speak with her.

I gotta add these lines, for the heck of it:
"I arrived in Castle Rock around 7:40, and found her Step Father’s house. We started to get worried about 9:00pm, I began to check in with the WSP about accidents. Her step father and I drove around the area to see if we could spot her. I called her Grandparents house in Brinnon with her Step fathers phone. They had informed met hat she had stopped at a house in Olympia around 10:10, to use the phone, and ask for directions, and let them know she was ok. We went back to the Step Fathers home until 12:00 when we headed up I-5 to Olympia, we checked the two rest stops on the way back."

These quotes from: http://www.robbsimmons.com/ (the official web page to help find Shantina)

That year of van would have deployed an air bag (assuming it worked) if she hit something hard enough to hit her head on the steering wheel, and it wasn't deployed. From what I could see, the damage was only some scrapes on the front bumper. Like you'd get if you were backing out of a parking lot and scraped on a car next to you.

Two RSOs nearby?! Yikes, I missed that!! :eek:

Forgot about air bags.. good point. Although... (total conspiracy theory here) if the airbags had deployed at a previous date & were never replaced (or vehicle was purchased used and it didn't have air bags due to this) that could be possible. I think either the kid is making up mommy drinking excuses or she really did hit her head. IF she did hit her head, it seems like the missing link to her weird behavior to me.

Soulscape has posted in the Case Briefings thread in the Astrology forum if anyone is interested. Not sure if I'm allowed to link there from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme