WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! I was mistaken. I thought the lady in the diner saw her fall. It was seen on tape....

The gas station video....makes me sad. Fox News is going to have a report.

Saw this on the news last night. I wonder when she ordered the food at the diner she realized she didn't have her wallet with her so she went into her car and couldn't find it, embarrased, they left???

Hoping they are found today. Very puzzling. Where the heck are they?

IIRC, she paid for the food then left before it was ready.

I'm not finding any new news this a.m....anybody local hearing anything?

OMG...Mark Fuhrman giving "expert" opinion on this on Fox news just now. He has pretty much NONE of his facts straight. Says that she called fiancee for directions and he didn't know the area. That she left her phone at home on purpose so that no one could track her, etc. GRRRRr.

jmoo

OMG...Mark Fuhrman giving "expert" opinion on this on Fox news just now. He has pretty much NONE of his facts straight. Says that she called fiancee for directions and he didn't know the area. That she left her phone at home on purpose so that no one could track her, etc. GRRRRr.

jmoo

Darn I missed it. Well im surprised at MF. Im emailing Fox.

jmoo

I was actually screaming at my TV!! :furious:

Stupid talking head woman stumbled and fumbled through the report, getting facts wrong, and MF was just as clueless!! :banghead:

I agree, it looks like she may have had some kind of head injury. She did not look right.

It has been relatively nice (i.e. not raining!) over the past few days - today was balmy by Puget Sound standards - but it's still pretty chilly at night. Not freezing but I would not want to be out in the elements.

That "lake" is part of Puget Sound, it is COLD (upper 40s) and you would not want to be in that water. They would not survive very long. :(

Looking at the Google map, you can see there are many houses nearby - nearly all of the beachfront in Puget Sound is populated - but there is also a large wooded area to the south. She may well be there. It looks large enough for someone to "get lost in."

I hope this didn't happen, but if her son fell asleep and didn't awake when they became stuck, she could have picked him up. In the dark in her dazed state, she could have then carried the sleeping boy the wrong way -toward deeper water instead of dry land.

I'm not finding any new news this a.m....anybody local hearing anything?

Here's a good article from today -- nothing really new, but there's a very good timeline:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/03/15/1109901/van-found-but-woman-8-year-old.html

A timeline of Smiley’s movements Saturday is as follows:

• Investigators believe Smiley left Silverdale with her son around 5 p.m.

• About 6:45 p.m., she called her fiancé and asked him to bring her cell phone. But at that point, Simmons said, he was already en route to meet her in Castle Rock. Simmons had been at Cub Scout training that ended at 6:45 p.m., according to a Web site he has set up to help find Smiley and her son.

• Smiley stopped at the Handy Pantry on Division Street in west Olympia and made a purchase there around 7:50 p.m.

• Around 9 p.m. Smiley and her son went to the Martin Way Diner. Mealy said a witness said Smiley purchased a corn dog, but did not take it with her after paying for it.

• About 9:54 p.m., a store surveillance camera shows that Smiley stopped her car at the Gull Harbor Mercantile on Boston Harbor Road, but it was closed.

So is it too soon to start digging up dirt on the BF? I am not convinced that he did anything, she actually seems pretty happy on her FB and MS but it didn't look like she had been posting lately either. I was just searching county court records and there are a couple of interesting cases, but I am not sure if they are the right R.S., but one is a domestic violence from 1/06....NOT SAYING IT IS HIM. Just trying to get more ideas of what could have happened.

Here's a good article from today -- nothing really new, but there's a very good timeline:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/03/15/1109901/van-found-but-woman-8-year-old.html

• Investigators believe Smiley left Silverdale with her son around 5 p.m.
• About 6:45 p.m., she called her fiancé and asked him to bring her cell phone. But at that point, Simmons said, he was already en route to meet her in Castle Rock. Simmons had been at Cub Scout training that ended at 6:45 p.m., according to a Web site he has set up to help find Smiley and her son.

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/03/15/1109901/van-found-but-woman-8-year-old.html#ixzz0iM3gjPrg[
B]Shantina called me twice around 4:15 to let me know she was heading out[/B]. I asked her grab my phone charger, since my phone was near dead.

My training wrapped up at 4:30, I figured that she was already on the road heading to Castle Rock, so I proceeds to Castle Rock as well

http://www.robbsimmons.com/

Someone has the time line wrong.

The facts seem to get distorted by talking heads and so called reporters

we really need a fact sheet ourselves

the lady from the diner said that Shantina paid her bill when she ordered....

the lady from the diner said they saw the tapes afterwards and saw her fall on the tape

~~~that makes a huge difference..and should stop ideas of "they should have called the cops">>> hindsight is great, but the fact is that Shantina did not appear drunk, or dangerous to herself or others....in real life, especially with today's laws, people in a restaurant or a convenience store are NOT going to call the cops on someone who pays for food and walks out before it is done

what would you say?? "Hi...there's this lady who paid for her corn dog and didn't wait for it to be cooked"???

911 would laugh at you...you might get charged with a false report...the person in question might sue you "I am a scout leader, had a phone call to go pick up some friends whose car broke down, how dare you call the cops on me"?

All this stuff about "we would have called the cops" ?? I don't think so

In fact , as a good ws I would not have let a stranger in to use my phone and I hope most of you would not have

I am sure those people are kicking themselves..but really what could they do??

(now....IF one saw a woman with a kid who was drunk/high or staggering, yeah, call the cops and even block her car to keep her from driving...but the corn dog? No..they had NO reason to call the cops and nothing would have been done even if they had)

I also find it weird that Rob Simmons has this on his website...THey havent even been missing for 36 hours yet. AND that statement was up yesterday afternoon. She went missing saturday night.

"As many of you may have heard, my Fiancé’ Shantina “Kat” Smiley and her son Azriel James Carver are currently missing, in the Olympia Area.

The past 36 hours have been nerve racking, and full of fear pain and sorrow. I just want my Fiancé’ and Azriel back home . I want to marry her, and spend the rest of my days by her side.

The media has been putting out mixed stories."

I am keeping updates via my facebook page, search for Robb Simmons. I have posted a lot of pictures of Shantina & Azriel

Makes me wonder if she took an offer of assistance from the wrong type of person...or more probably persons.

INfo on how they met..

http://www.theolympian.com/2010/03/16/1173785/few-clues-in-search-for-mom-son.html

More ideas to throw out there...

The guy who found the van said that the hatch was open, and a side door. Maybe she was trying to turn around and got stuck so she crawled out the back so they wouldnt get wet.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011351418_apapwamomsonmissing1stldwritethru.html

He said she might have backed into the water while turning around and got the van stuck, but he doesn't know why she'd drive off a paved road to the beach.

Simmons said it appeared the van was backed into the water. The doors were open.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011351454_missing16m.html?syndication=rss

bbm

It says it was backed in.
Who would turn onto a dirt road, when you are unfamiliar with the area.?

INfo on how they met..

http://www.theolympian.com/2010/03/16/1173785/few-clues-in-search-for-mom-son.html

More ideas to throw out there...

The guy who found the van said that the hatch was open, and a side door. Maybe she was trying to turn around and got stuck so she crawled out the back so they wouldnt get wet.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011351418_apapwamomsonmissing1stldwritethru.html

That's what I thought at first, but the actual people who picked up the van said that it was BACKED into the water, and that it was the back tires that had been spun when trying to get it out, apparently.

jmoo

But who would be out there on that road by that water?? not a likely place for a predator to wait ??

unless they were spotted and followed??

I personally think it much more likely that they somehow got disoriented in the water, one f them was drowning the other tried to save them and they were pulled under

how big and deep is that ?? lake??? how oold is the water?? shock, cold hypothermia.....they also had on heavy clothing

I don't know if there are currents or how one would be pulled out there though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member