WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
News says it is Az's body.
Found this afternoon by a walker on the beach.
Same clothes and haircut.

Searching for his mother's body as report happens.
Divers in water, helicopter in the air.

Where the body was found or where the van was abandoned? Regarding the area where the van was found, I've heard conflicting reports about the current. The link posted above says "net current speeds are relatively low", but it does say they run in a counter-clockwise direction from west to east.

It runs anywhere from 2 cm to 13 cm per second, with a flushing time of 10 days for the whole inlet.
So that is up to 6 inches per second which could come to about 30 feet a min is that right ? At its quickest current ...:waitasec:

http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/tcp/sites/budd_inlet/Budd Inlet Final Report 2.pdf

Oh no...this is not what I wanted to find out. I was so hoping that she'd had some sort of spell or was injured somehow, and he just decided to stay with her and they'd be found.

Prayers to the families...

I'd like to thank you all for caring. I'm not related to this family but I can appreciate the generous and compassionate hearts you all possess.

Little Az, rest in peace. Rest in peace.

Poor Ed Troyer... :(

He's had a tough couple of months...

They are doing preparing to remove the body as the coverage is happening.
A basket like the ones you see dropped from a helicopter is being brought from the boat to the shore. The are waiting for the coroner so they can make the actual move.

Only other thing stated of interest was they said based on the current, which is very strong at high tide, they said this is a very logical place for the bodies to surface.

I am so sorry for all the family, this is not want anyone wanted, rest in peace Azriel....

22864896_480X277.jpg

RIP Azriel, You didn't deserve this.

'Lt. Chris Mealy of the Thurston County sheriff's office said tidal currents could have carried a body from the Budd Inlet area, where Carver went missing late Saturday, to Fox Island over a period of days.

"Yes, absolutely," he said, when asked about the possibility. "The Dana Passage goes right up that way," Mealy added, referring to a tidal system between Olympia and Tacoma.'

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/88469377.html

What a dark, cold, frightening journey for his body to have made before it came to rest. I hope that his spirit is at peace.

LE says strong probability it's Azriel based on clothing and description. Just said on radio.

http://www.mynorthwest.com/streams/streampop_kiro.php

ETA: LE Ed Troyer on the phone with them.

Nothing tells us this is not the boy based on description. Acting on this being the boy. Distinct clothing in surveillance videos from stores etc same as on boy's body.

Poor Ed! He's been dealing with an awful lot, lately...the man needs a vacation.

RIP Azriel... what a wonderful name, what a beautiful face. :(

I just heard they found a boys body. Im so sad. I was hoping they were hiding somewhere...

Wow, I am wondering now if she did something to him. We won't know for sure for a very long time, but I hope it all turns out to be just a freak accident.
RIP little guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member