WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so heartbroken....not the turn out I was praying for....poor little AZ. Its hard to imagine how things happen in life. Everything can change in the blink of an eye because of one circumstance or one decision that's made.

Azriel.Azriel.
Such sad news.
So sad about this poor little guy.

I was hoping against hope that he and his mom would be
found alive and well.

God has a special place for those taken too soon.

This is sooooo sad. I was really hoping she was just "losing it" temporarily & had sought refuge in somebodys house & was afraid to come forth with all the media coverage.

RIP Azriel.

I personally vow to be more aware of people's "state" especially where children are involved, and GET involved even if it makes me seem nosey. I'd rather look like a jerk than have regrets on what I could have done.

Hoping for peace for all family/friends involved as well. Keep thinking of Nikky ~ the would be stepdaughter. Poor girl. Poor everybody.

Whe he is positively identified would someone put up a thread for this little guy so we can say goodbye. :(

Positive ID from Ed Troyer and Az's father from KIRO radio. Ed sounded pretty wrecked over this.

Prayers to all family, friends and LE involved. Ending nobody wanted to hear.

I just can't imagine what happened. Could Az have been thrown from the van when it hit the water? Did she hit the water nose first? Even if she was too drunk to get out and walk for help, why didn't Az? Or, was she trying to turn around and got stuck? Too many unanswered questions. My heart breaks for Az....

I am just heartsick.

We may never know what happened.

Rest peacefully in the arms of Jesus and Angels sweet Azriel.

Possible? Is it possible that when the van got stuck either Shantina or Azriel got out of the van and tried to push it out? Maybe they opened the back hatch and was throwing items out of the van in order to lighten the load to make it easier to push? Then whomever was doing the pushing started to go under and the other one jumped in to try to help them out and they both drowned?

... I remember that feeling of being a child and trying to take care of an adult so that she didn't hurt herself.

It makes a significant impact on a child's psyche and affects them for the rest of their lives. Breaks my heart that what should be the sweetest, simplest, most magical time of life is ravaged.

[I had been reading the thread from where I left off last night. Just as I finished writing the above, I heard the announcement for the first time on NG that Azriel's body has washed ashore, so the last sentence chills me. I feel suckerpunched.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop