WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other missing child in the vicinity??

Unfortunately, the tidal currents in that area could easily carry a person 12 miles.

Are any stations covering this live? If so, link please. TIA

Article says 12 miles....that is really a long way....but, I know nothing about currents and such

Thanks. Yes it sounds like a long way to me also. Sad. :(

Lt. Chris Mealy of the Thurston County sheriff's office said water currents could have carried a body from Budd Inlet, where the 8-year-old boy went missing late Saturday, to Fox Island over a period of days.

"Yes, absolutely," he said, when asked about the possibility.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/88469377.html

my heart is breaking.

I just looked and it says that Fox Island is 50 miles from Little Fishtrap?

If you look on Google Maps, it looks more like 15 miles, depending on where on fox island it was.

So sad :(

I just looked and it says that Fox Island is 50 miles from Little Fishtrap?

By road perhaps, but not if via water up thru a few passages, IF the currents would take a body that way from north of Budd Inlet and not beach before reaching Fox Island.

Would take somebody with expert knowledge of current flow I think to determine that, but there could easily be a path via water up there.

Google map Fox Island and you can see it NE of Boston Harbor.

The way the Sheriff used the word choice "absolutely..." when asked if the current could take a body there makes me think he knows it is Azriel. :(

Amster - only one that comes to mind is Lindsey Baum from last summer (sorry, I don't remember the exact date).

I follow that case on WS - 10yo Lindsey disappeared last June. We are all waiting for her.

I have kayaked around that area many times.
Look at the larger map, all the water from the Olympia area goes in and out with the tide under the Tacoma Narrows bridge.
Fox island is near that bridge.

I have kayaked around that area many times.
Look at the larger map, all the water from the Olympia area goes in and out with the tide under the Tacoma Narrows bridge.
Fox island is near that bridge.

What does that mean? lol is that a yes or a maybe or a no? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members