WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awwww.....geeze...how many of these "cases' on here the child is already well known to the state???

I should have guessed that the CPS or whatever they call it in Washington state was mixed up in this somehow....

this is just a real tragedy....could it have been prevented?? IMHO thinking of the bigger picture is what is needed....changes in the child protective service laws and the enforcement of them...
I honestly think that we need more "intervention" type things..a way to make sure that people get help they need and that kids are protected

The article didn't say what the circumstances were, but once one reported incidence was found valid, ALL should have been investigated. Much better to be safe than sorry, we all know.

CPS will investigate all... meaning they will try to determine if there is a valid complaint and then go further if that is the case. I think when they say "investigate" they mean they determined those three were valid. My daughter works in CPS in another state, but their protocols are basically the same.

So sorry. little Azriel. Sorry you were robbed of life by so many adults. Especially, the one who should have loved you the most....

All of the flowery "great mom" fairy tales told by those who knew this woman are nothing but enabling, big, fat lies!!

De Nile is NOT just a river in Eygpt sadly

I said from the start that the "responsible...no drug problem" stuff was too much....the sound of people whistling in the dark, hoping for the best but in their hearts knowing it was not coming

above bolded by me:
I was wondering if there was a chance that she passed out and something happened after that. She didn't look intoxicated to me in the videos but that doesn't mean anything. Especially since she fell and maybe she had been drinking all day. Gosh, this is just awful! We just don't know enough. Like what directions was she asking for. That still bothers me that we don't know.

The Williams.(the couple who she last stopped at their home)They stated that she used to phone to call her grandfather, gave lil Azriel a piece of pizza, and that Shantina ask for directions of how to get to the Interstate I-5. I'll have to search for the link, but am positive that is their account. Also at the convenience store I believe it was stated that she also asked for directions to the Insterstate. Which locals stated wouldn't have been a long list of directions, rather a point to the and turn right. If you notice watching that store video it does infact look as if the clerk is pointing out as if giving the direction to Shantina... Which if this is case it makes EVERYTHING all the more very very strange that she continued to roam farther and farther into very remote area.(aLMOST AS IF THAT WERE HER INTENTION)moo.

RS shut down the page he created on his website.

All of his photos and files he has had on there are now accessible though (I can't open them for some reason - my system is defaulting to a zip extractor that is not working).

Anyway, here is a pdf file he has on there. It says she did leave with her purse and overnight bag.

I'm sure the police would have reported if they found her purse at home as well.
http://www.robbsimmons.com/Flyer.pdf
www.robbsimmons.com

If you look at the pics that are posted here on this thread of the gravel road, the steepness of it as it goes down to beach. It looks as though the home is just RIGHT THERE within feet of where she got the van stuck. So, why would she not have once again walked up to a strangers front door? She already has proven that she wasn't scared of doing that and even entering a strangers home with her son. So, why when it seemed that they REALLY needed help(even just the van being stuck, not even if she thought they were in a life threatening situation) But even more so if the situation somehow suddenly became life threatening. Woulldn't she be screaming if even being awakened to the water flooding in? And certainly an 8 yr old boy would be screaming for help as he's being pulled out by the water.(If conscious??) But from the pics it seems that the house was so close that they most definantly would have heard the screams. Right? this just does not make any sense whatsoever!!!!:banghead:

Awwww.....geeze...how many of these "cases' on here the child is already well known to the state???

I should have guessed that the CPS or whatever they call it in Washington state was mixed up in this somehow....

this is just a real tragedy....could it have been prevented?? IMHO thinking of the bigger picture is what is needed....changes in the child protective service laws and the enforcement of them...
I honestly think that we need more "intervention" type things..a way to make sure that people get help they need and that kids are protected

We've certainly seen our fill of these kind of cases, haven't we? It's bass ackwards....protect the children and if the parent wants help, give it. Instead, we get help the parent and hope for the best where the kids are concerned. :banghead:

I just had a thought. Maybe she was looking at maps and asking directions in order to get BACK to that specific spot (which she may have been to before) to sleep and hide for a while. Also, I think the "pounding" on the garage was her waking up and realizing Az was gone.

If you look at the pics that are posted here on this thread of the gravel road, the steepness of it as it goes down to beach. It looks as though the home is just RIGHT THERE within feet of where she got the van stuck. So, why would she not have once again walked up to a strangers front door? She already has proven that she wasn't scared of doing that and even entering a strangers home with her son. So, why when it seemed that they REALLY needed help(even just the van being stuck, not even if she thought they were in a life threatening situation) But even more so if the situation somehow suddenly became life threatening. Woulldn't she be screaming if even being awakened to the water flooding in? And certainly an 8 yr old boy would be screaming for help as he's being pulled out by the water.(If conscious??) But from the pics it seems that the house was so close that they most definantly would have heard the screams. Right? this just does not make any sense whatsoever!!!!:banghead:

Is it possible that someone who came into contact with Smiley, carjacked them, raped/killed her, and then "dumped" the car down that little road, with the boy inside (leaving him to drown)?

It makes no sense that the car went in that direction....if she truly was asking for directions to the freeway.

Laci Peterson and her fetus Conner were found a day apart, near each other. If Smiley and Az went into the water at the same time and place, why hasn't she been found yet?

I just had a thought. Maybe she was looking at maps and asking directions in order to get BACK to that specific spot (which she may have been to before) to sleep and hide for a while.

It's possible but homeowners in that area are fiercely protective of their beaches and shellfish. The homeowner that made the 911 call seemed primarily concerned about shellfish poaching and the environmental impact of a vehicle near his shellfish beds.

It would seem the clerks that spent time with her going over the maps would remember where she was looking for.

[/B]
The Williams.(the couple who she last stopped at their home)They stated that she used to phone to call her grandfather, gave lil Azriel a piece of pizza, and that Shantina ask for directions of how to get to the Interstate I-5. I'll have to search for the link, but am positive that is their account. Also at the convenience store I believe it was stated that she also asked for directions to the Insterstate. Which locals stated wouldn't have been a long list of directions, rather a point to the and turn right. If you notice watching that store video it does infact look as if the clerk is pointing out as if giving the direction to Shantina... Which if this is case it makes EVERYTHING all the more very very strange that she continued to roam farther and farther into very remote area.(aLMOST AS IF THAT WERE HER INTENTION)moo.

If a person is inebriated, I don't find it strange that she could not comprehend the instructions given to her (multiple stops for directions]. IMO this fit's into the typical pattern of an abuser.

It's possible but homeowners in that area are fiercely protective of their beaches and shellfish. The homeowner that made the 911 call seemed primarily concerned about shellfish poaching and the environmental impact of a vehicle near his shellfish beds.

It would seem the clerks that spent time with her going over the maps would remember where she was looking for.

Yes, but maybe she was asking for directions to Castle Rock but secretly looking at the map for the route back up there.
I dunno...Initially when I saw her in the convenient stores, the cashiers were taking out the maps and looking at them with her and she didn't seem very interested. I really dont think she was "lost"...she just didn't have anywhere to go....and didn't want to go to Castle Rock. She was trying to find a secluded spot where no one could find her...away from the main streets.

Mom_Son_Missing_JPE_465484c.jpg

Thurston County Sheriff's detectives Rod Gray and Tim Arnold along with Sgt. Ken Clark collect evidence Tuesday March 16, 2010 in Tumwater,Wash. from the van of Shantina Smiley, which was found on a beach near Zangle Road Sunday, with no trace of Smiley or her eight year-old son Azriel Carver. (AP Photo/The Olympian, Steve Bloom)

Mom_Son_Missing_JPE_467437c.jpg

A mark is evident is shown on the passenger side of the abandoned van of Shantina Smiley Tuesday March 16, 2010 in Tumwater,Wash., which was found on a beach near Zangle Road Sunday, with no trace of Smiley or her eight year-old son Azriel Carver. (AP Photo/The Olympian, Steve Bloom)

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-worl..._Son_Missing_JPE_467437c.jpg&superSizeImage=y

The pole in the below photo is on the same side of the car with the markings and is the same color as the above markings on the van.

pole.jpg

The pole in the below photo is on the same side of the car with the markings and is the same color as the above markings on the van.

pole.jpg

But wouldn't it have dented in the door handle also?

This is such a sad case, breaks your heart to think of little Azriel dyingt like that. God Bless him and his mother too.

Yesterday at this link http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/03/18/1114992/body-that-washed-ashore-on-fox.html?pageNum=1&&&&&&&&&&mi_pluck_action=page_nav#Comments_Container, I read a comment by a local that was very moving. I can't find that comment now but it said something like:

They said they believe the water came up very quickly and the mother who had gotten out of the car, was washed away. And Aziel, in trying to rescue his Mom, was washed away too. I am sure it was just the posters opinion. In the article tho it says " . . . Tides move pretty quick,” Troyer said. “When the tide flows out of here, it can take something a long way, and this beach and island are right in the way.”

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/...ion=page_nav#Comments_Container#ixzz0ifJOrJ8x

she left home at 4:15pm. she spoke to RS at 6:45pm and she had only made it to olympia. she should have been to step dad's house by then or pretty close.

she should have arrived in olympia at 6pm. from6-10 she never found the road out of olympia. 4 hours! i don't buy it. not at all.

I remember RS saying something about SS "complaining about traffic" when she talked to him on the phone. On a Saturday afternoon, there isn't that much traffic in that area that I know of. On Friday (when everyone's heading out of town) or on Sunday (when everyone's heading back home from the peninsula) there is a lot of traffic. But Saturdays are pretty mellow.

Tides come in quickly in that area. People think of them as waves, but it is really a "flush" of water and it does rise rapidly. HOWEVER, it doesn't rise THAT rapidly that you can't just walk away from it.

The difference between low and high tides can be tremendous, some days more than others.

If they were in the van, and the tide began coming in, they could have likely gotten out, walked out from it, up the beach, unless they had not awakened until it was pretty full. Az, being short, would have had trouble.

I was once stuck in the mud flat at low tide near Anacortes. Very frightening, but even though the tide was coming in, plenty of time for a rescue. But that was in daylight, and I had voluntarily gone onto the mud.

I am so sad for little Az. I think of him wanting a candybar or whatever at that one convenience store, and her shaking her head, "No." I am glad the people gave him a slice of pizza.

The whole running around, smiling in stores, bs of the game (IMO) she was playing, it makes me sick. I don't care to hear "relapse" given as an excuse, either. Totally ridiculous person and Az paid the price.

I remember RS saying something about SS "complaining about traffic" when she talked to him on the phone. On a Saturday afternoon, there isn't that much traffic in that area that I know of. On Friday (when everyone's heading out of town) or on Sunday (when everyone's heading back home from the peninsula) there is a lot of traffic. But Saturdays are pretty mellow.

Sometimes it really bottlenecks from Fort Lewis/Dupont to Nisqually Basin when I go to Olympia or south on Saturdays...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop