WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to interject in this fine thread, as I really don't understand these things: Is it very unusual, if Shantina did go in the water, that the body has not been found? Are there cases where someone drowns in water of this size, and are NEVER recovered? In other words, is her not being found pointing to her NOT being in the water, or is it simply sometimes the case, that a body is not recovered?

Well then, I guess that wraps up this case lol.

Thank you, Aion. That was a treat, and you are a delight.

Welcome to Websleuths. Very nice to have you here.

BeanE

:Welcome-12-june:

Having traveled around that area and having spent time on Whidbey Island, I totally enjoyed your post with the descriptions of the surrounding area! We are blessed that you are onboard! :blowkiss:

Just wanted to interject in this fine thread, as I really don't understand these things: Is it very unusual, if Shantina did go in the water, that the body has not been found? Are there cases where someone drowns in water of this size, and are NEVER recovered? In other words, is her not being found pointing to her NOT being in the water, or is it simply sometimes the case, that a body is not recovered?

Bodies in the water originally sink, after a few days gasses build up and will float to the surface as long as they are not hung up on something. The Puget Sound has been known to have lost crab pots and fishing nets along the bottom.

There are always cases where bodies are not recovered, but in this case it is more likely that her body will wash up on another island, or more likely her body is hung up on something in the water and just hasn't surfaced yet.

Sorry for the callous tone of that, but there isn't a nicer way to say it.

Here is a pic of the shoes.

missing-smiley.jpg

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Disappearance-of-Wash-family-vexes-police-87828912.html

I wear a womans size 9 shoe and it is larger than a water bottle. The small black shoe in the picture looks to be the same size as that water bottle. It looks like a childs shoe to me.

There are always cases where bodies are not recovered, but in this case it is more likely that her body will wash up on another island, or more likely her body is hung up on something in the water and just hasn't surfaced yet.

Sorry for the callous tone of that, but there isn't a nicer way to say it.

No, that states it aptly. Thank you for your answer, and to the other poster as well. It puts to the rest the idea that as she has not been found, she must not be in the water (as I was wrongly concluding prior to this). Thanks once more.

I wear a womans size 9 shoe and it is larger than a water bottle. The small black shoe in the picture looks to be the same size as that water bottle. It looks like a childs shoe to me.

The simple Fact is that RS identified the smaller shoe that belonged to SS, he did not ID the larger shoe.

Thurston County Sheriff's Lt. Chris Mealy told ABC News that Robb Simmons, Smiley's fiance, told investigators that Smiley's son had asthma and used an inhaler. Simmons also identified the smaller of the two shoes and the orange ball as belonging to Azriel, Mealy said

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TheLaw/sh...ewes-evidence-washes-ashore/story?id=10134521

That makes it even more curious that he did not identify the other as belonging to her. Or his own, considering it could have been left in his minivan. Odd. Someone else's shoe?

The simple Fact is that RS identified the smaller shoe that belonged to SS, he did not ID the larger shoe.

Yes, I know. I just listened to the video again where they state Robb identified the smaller shoe being the size (9 wide) and style she liked to wear. It just doesn't look like a size 9 wide next to that water bottle.

ETA: The small shoe is un-tied and the large shoe is tied. A lot of times people slip off their shoes without un-tying them. But to have an extra pair of shoes in the car that are tied is kind of weird. I don't know. One of those shoes could have absolutely nothing to do with this.

http://www.foxnews.com/search-results/m/29873132/new-clue-in-search-for-missing-mom.htm

In this video Lt Mealy said the smaller shoe size 9W belongs to SS.

OK. So now I am completely confused as to who the small shoe belongs to.

On to something else. I just watched a viddie interview with the dreaded Mark Fuhrman who brought up an interesting point. About the cell phone.
I was thinking of it in terms of it being left as the ultimate "don't call us, we'll call you", whereas he pointed out almost everybody knows about cell phone ping tracking. That may be another clue in this being a crime committed with premeditated planning. I can't say I hope not, I hope she is found dead and therefore innocent of my speculations now can I? This is a quandary.

But, from what he was saying that is exactly where police speculations are headed. That this whole thing is suspicious of foul play involving her and possibly an accomplice.

OK. So now I am completely confused as to who the small shoe belongs to.

On to something else. I just watched a viddie interview with the dreaded Mark Fuhrman who brought up an interesting point. About the cell phone.
I was thinking of it in terms of it being left as the ultimate "don't call us, we'll call you", whereas he pointed out almost everybody knows about cell phone ping tracking. That may be another clue in this being a crime committed with premeditated planning. I can't say I hope not, I hope she is found dead and therefore innocent of my speculations now can I? This is a quandary.

But, from what he was saying that is exactly where police speculations are headed. That this whole thing is suspicious of foul play involving her and possibly an accomplice.

That video was prior to Azriel's body being found, wasn't it? If so, that was prior to the medical examiner ruling Azriel's death accidental.

Poor little Azriel.

I have read some of the posts,,,but not all.

Any thoughts on what she was doing between 8pm when she is seen on viseo and 10:30 when she is last seen?

Thank you.

That video was prior to Azriel's body being found, wasn't it? If so, that was prior to the medical examiner ruling Azriel's death accidental.

BeanE, I think it was safe to assume accidental drowning considering the location. That may or may not always be the case. Toxicology reports are not in yet. And she has not been found. It may not have been accidental after all. He could have been abandoned in that car.

Poor little Azriel.

I have read some of the posts,,,but not all.

Any thoughts on what she was doing between 8pm when she is seen on viseo and 10:30 when she is last seen?

Thank you.

WARNING: OFF TOPIC

I just saw where you are from Rockwall, Texas. Is this the place where the bodies of giants were recovered in the late 1800's? Along with a huge buried home nearby, with oversized tools, etc. TIA if not, sorry wrong town!

The area of Rockwall was originally occupied by Caddo Indians. Creek Indians moved to the area in early 1800s. The origin of Rockwall also is related to the selection of its name. In 1851, as the first Anglo-American settlers moved to the area, they started to dig wells. During the digging, they found large underground rock walls that were initially believed to be manmade. Later study of the wall-like features by geologists and archaeologists found them to be jointed, natural sandstone dikes that had intruded Cretaceous marl.[4][5] The town was established April 17, 1854 and named after these natural rock walls.

Sorry Houndstooth, your query caught my attention and I became curious as to the answer.

WARNING: OFF TOPIC

I just saw where you are from Rockwall, Texas. Is this the place where the bodies of giants were recovered in the late 1800's? Along with a huge buried home nearby, with oversized tools, etc. TIA if not, sorry wrong town!

Gosh, I wish our town had something that awesome and cool going on!! I would LOVE to see something like that. :dance:

that would for sure be cool if such a thing were true. lol, all my town has going for it is that its "the land of Lincoln"

Gosh, I wish our town had something that awesome and cool going on!! I would LOVE to see something like that. :dance:

HA! Your wish is my command! Go to steve quayle . com and type in either rockwall, texas or texas giant human skulls and read your local papers from 1886!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop