WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very narrow steep path/road. So the "drunk" lady who couldn't manage to miss a curb, drove down this steep path/road? Finding it alone was quite a bright eyed wonder, then driving down it and not driving off the side? wow.

Then she gets stuck in the mud?

This story is just too wierd.

moo
\
LOL, I posted the same thing back a few. I don't think I could have done it in the dark, completely sober. Truly amazing she made it to the bottom.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011393025_missing20m.html
'snipped'

Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said Friday that a plane had been sent up to look for her in the general area where her son's body had been found. In an e-mail Friday night, Troyer said the search will not resume unless new information turns up.
Mealy said his office planned no searches this weekend.

bbm: I had not read this before.
No searches?
I guess they are just taking a wait and see method.

It seems they feel she is in the water, and just waiting.

They WILL perform toxicology testing on Az.

Autopsy of boy yields few clues

Thurston County sheriff's officials said Friday that they were no closer to figuring out what happened to a missing Silverdale mother and her son after an autopsy revealed the 8-year-old boy had drowned.

[snip]

The Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office conducted an autopsy and determined the boy drowned and ruled his death accidental. A toxicology report will be conducted, which is standard procedure.

“There’s no signs of violence to the body,” Stines said after receiving a report from investigators present during the autopsy. She declined to elaborate.

continuing from Allyn's post:

http://icestream.bonnint.net/seattle/kiro/2010/03/03162010193258.mp3

This is amazing to me: He says that she hasn't had a drink in 2 years - it's assumed by the media and everyone listening that she hasn't had a drink in two years.

So not true - we know that because we saw her in a photo drinking a beer in Feb 2010 while they were on a little vacation!

I just found another link to RS's personal blog which talks about that trip to the Gorge. It talks about the pizza place where SS was drinking the beer. It talks about the winery they went to and how this place was in Castle Rock and is her stomping grounds.

I'm dumbfounded that he had the ball$ to say on national television that she hasn't had a drink in two years (as mentioned in the above link to his interview recently). You can tell his reply is slow with that. He totally lied.

I called KOMO 4 news and discussed this issue with them. Because this is not good. It's lying to America about a major tragedy. They said they already have the information.

Why is our media so slow to discuss this? Any thoughts? It's a huge story which really changes everything. What else has he lied about. His credibility is totally shot IMO.

Here is the RS's blog link:

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:UzrC6v5wK0IJ:robbsimmons.wordpress.com/2010/03/06/our-first-motophoto-trip-to-portland-the-gorge/+robbsimmons.wordpress.com&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

**Edit** All of the pictures on this blog entry, you can scroll over and they will become large, except for Shantina drinking the beer! Where's Nancy Grace?

Just saw the above, somehow missed it. Explains it, then.

0320_LOC_Sign2_t607.jpg

A sign at Vinland Elementary in Poulsbo mourns the loss of 8-year-old Azriel Carver, who was found on the shoreline of Fox Island on Thursday.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/...led-accidental/?partner=popular#ixzz0ikYGPVFY

As to why the body took that long to show up... from a book I have on Forensic Pathology:

When a person drowns, the body sinks, assuming a position of head down, buttocks up, and extremities dangling downward. Unless there are strong currents, the body will not move very far from its initial position.... In deeper water, the body stays below the surface until decomposition begins and gas forms; the body then gradually rises to the surface. In very cold water, the body might stay submerged for months before decomposition creates enough gas to bring it to the surface.

I'm trying to post that link on my FB page and it is blocked from posting. It won't allow me to post anything regarding RS, SS and the case. What??

On Sunday morning, a nearby resident found their minivan, doors open and keys on the dash, partially submerged and stuck in the mud near Dana Passage. At high tide, it appeared the water covered the van, Stines said.

But whatever evidence there is seems to be is circumstantial at this point. As far as what happened to Shantina Smiley, there are still only questions.

“We’ll probably have those for a while,” Stines said. “You may never know.”

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/...led-accidental/?partner=popular#ixzz0ika2UARr

I just found another link to RS's personal blog which talks about that trip to the Gorge. It talks about the pizza place where SS was drinking the beer. It talks about the winery they went to and how this place was in Castle Rock and is her stomping grounds.

I'm dumbfounded that he had the ball$ to say on national television that she hasn't had a drink in two years (as mentioned in the above link to his interview recently). You can tell his reply is slow with that. He totally lied.

I called KOMO 4 news and discussed this issue with them. Because this is not good. It's lying to America about a major tragedy. They said they already have the information.

Why is our media so slow to discuss this? Any thoughts? It's a huge story which really changes everything. What else has he lied about. His credibility is totally shot IMO.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:UzrC6v5wK0IJ:robbsimmons.wordpress.com/2010/03/06/our-first-motophoto-trip-to-portland-the-gorge/+robbsimmons.wordpress.com&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

**Edit** All of the pictures on this blog entry, you can scroll over and they will become large, except for Shantina drinking the beer! Where's Nancy Grace?

BBM. IMO it's because most people understand that this man was traumatized and undergoing a tragedy, unable to find the woman he loved and was about to marry and her little boy who he also loved, terrified something awful had happened to her and Azriel, and terrified people wouldn't help him find them.

How far, by car, is the place, the boy's body came ashore? Maybe someone gave S and son a ride to the other side?

It's a pretty long drive... hour and 20 minutes, approx.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...immons.wordpress.com&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

206l8xj.jpg

So where is Shantina? At this point I'm 80 percent sure she is in the water, 20 percent that she is not. According to Paul's forensic snippet above, once bodies start to decompose and gases form they rise to the surface, and this is when they begin floating facedown, like we usually imagine them to be/the movies portrays it. It's been almost a week now, you'd think Shantina would, for lack of a better word, be floating. And her body should be in the same area as Azriel's was found, right? Or could it have gone in a completely different direction? Anyone with info on this want to weigh in?

Yes, the fiance sounds like a jerk and he is dishonest, but he is human and I imagine he is distraught right now so I'm going to lay off him. Still have major anger toward Shantina and blame this tragedy on her bad decisions, and my anger is compounded by hearing that someone reported her for physically abusing Az in March 2007 though it was never investigated, that she chose a prior boyfriend who broke Az's arm!!!, and that in summer 2007 she passed out drunk and left Az unattended. It sounds like this latest incident was not an anomaly, but instead was part of a pattern of selfishness and irresponsibility.

A little O/T: why was this thread closed?

New article.

Search called off for the weekend. LE's theory is that both were swept away.

Mealy said there was nothing new to report Saturday. Now that Carver’s body has been found, the Thurston County Sheriff’s predominate theory — though not the only one — is that Smiley never got off the beach and wound up in the water, too. There were no sightings, and bloodhounds didn’t pick up scents away from the beach.

Based on how far out on the beach the van was found, it arrived there when the tide was at its lowest point, Mealy said. The water rose and washed them away. How that happened, nobody’s sure.

“The current is ferocious there,” Mealy said. “It’s not inconceivable at night, if one is disoriented or not thinking clearly, to wind up getting swept away by the water.”

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/...land-lake-woman-pauses-weekend/#ixzz0ikkkoDLc

It's too bad no one in that house on Zangle Rd didn't notice or hear the vehicle go past their house. I believe the person that made the 911 call lives there. As he said it's a private road and I am sure he would have acted right away if he was aware that someone drove down there. It would have probably been a much happier ending.

I'm trying to post that link on my FB page and it is blocked from posting. It won't allow me to post anything regarding RS, SS and the case. What??

Perhaps you should call Nancy Grace?

:truce:

So where is Shantina? At this point I'm 80 percent sure she is in the water, 20 percent that she is not. According to Paul's forensic snippet above, once bodies start to decompose and gases form they rise to the surface, and this is when they begin floating facedown, like we usually imagine them to be/the movies portrays it. It's been almost a week now, you'd think Shantina would, for lack of a better word, be floating. And her body should be in the same area as Azriel's was found, right? Or could it have gone in a completely different direction? Anyone with info on this want to weigh in?

Yes, the fiance sounds like a jerk and he is dishonest, but he is human and I imagine he is distraught right now so I'm going to lay off him. Still have major anger toward Shantina and blame this tragedy on her bad decisions, and my anger is compounded by hearing that someone reported her for physically abusing Az in March 2007 though it was never investigated, that she chose a prior boyfriend who broke Az's arm!!!, and that in summer 2007 she passed out drunk and left Az unattended. It sounds like this latest incident was not an anomaly, but instead was part of a pattern of selfishness and irresponsibility.

A little O/T: why was this thread closed?

I totally agree with what you are saying about RS. I am just disappointed that he was dishonest and the media has this information and has not disclosed it to the public.

I feel like he could have said a statement like "she suffered from alcoholism and recently started drinking heavily". I don't see what difference it would have made to the public. It was a poor choice made under pressure.

But now we are all aware of the inconsistency and possibly other inconsistencies or omissions which could be essential to the case. Although, there is so much we do not know, but LE does know (and apparently the media, too).

I feel like he could have said a statement like "she suffered from alcoholism and recently started drinking heavily". I don't see what difference it would have made to the public. It was a poor choice made under pressure.

He did make such a statement, that she was a recovering alcoholic and recently had a relapse. Several posters, here and in other places, accused him of trying to make her look bad and covering up his possible involvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx