WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robb lied.

Check out the calendar for the scout training:

https://www.doubleknot.com/openrosters/Calendar.asp?orgkey=129

8:00AM/4:00PM Webelos Leader Outdoor Experience

https://www.doubleknot.com/registration/calendardetail.asp?ActivityKey=650212

Webelos Leader Outdoor Experience
Description: Webelos Leader Outdoor Experience

Start Date/Time: 3/13/2010 8:00:00 AM

End Date/Time:3/13/2010 4:00:00 PM

ETA: that above is what I recall him saying he attended; the other session that day started the afternoon before at the time he claims his training ended "early" on Saturday. And wasn't scheduled until 6:30 in any case:

Description: Adult Leader Outdoor Skills Course -

Start Date/Time: 3/12/2010 4:30:00 PM

End Date/Time:3/13/2010 6:00:00 PM

ETA: that above is what I recall him saying he attended; the other session that day started at the time he claims his training ended "early". And wasn't scheduled until 6:30 in any case:

Description: Adult Leader Outdoor Skills Course -

Start Date/Time: 3/12/2010 4:30:00 PM

End Date/Time:3/13/2010 6:00:00 PM

3/12 4:30pm to 3/13 6pm? That's a long class.

I suspect this calendar may not be accurate.

So where is Shantina? At this point I'm 80 percent sure she is in the water, 20 percent that she is not. According to Paul's forensic snippet above, once bodies start to decompose and gases form they rise to the surface, and this is when they begin floating facedown, like we usually imagine them to be/the movies portrays it. It's been almost a week now, you'd think Shantina would, for lack of a better word, be floating. And her body should be in the same area as Azriel's was found, right? Or could it have gone in a completely different direction? Anyone with info on this want to weigh in?

Yes, the fiance sounds like a jerk and he is dishonest, but he is human and I imagine he is distraught right now so I'm going to lay off him. Still have major anger toward Shantina and blame this tragedy on her bad decisions, and my anger is compounded by hearing that someone reported her for physically abusing Az in March 2007 though it was never investigated, that she chose a prior boyfriend who broke Az's arm!!!, and that in summer 2007 she passed out drunk and left Az unattended. It sounds like this latest incident was not an anomaly, but instead was part of a pattern of selfishness and irresponsibility.

A little O/T: why was this thread closed?

Graphic warning:

Depending on the currents and if they actually went in the water at the exact same time it is possible that her body is past Fox Island and will surface on another nearby island.

More likely though and what your frequently see with bodies in the water is that she is hung up on something in the water. I am sure she is in the water personally, and she will surface eventually. A fisherman or beachcomber will find her.

There are beaches all over that are not easily accessible and not frequented on a regular bases. I assume they are doing fly around Fox Island to see if they spot anything.

This is from the boyscout website:

Once a volunteer has a solid overview of the scouting program, training for a specific Scouting position continues through Leader Specific training. This training provides the specialized knowledge a new leader needs to assume a leadership role. Because each course is designed for a specific leadership position, the training time varies. This training is classroom-led. Leader Specific training has been developed for the following positions and their assistants:
  • Tiger Cub den leaders - 2.5 hours
  • Cub Scout den leaders - 2.75 hours
  • Webelos den leaders - 3 hours
  • Cubmasters - 2.75 hours
  • Pack committee members - 2.75 hours
  • Scoutmasters - 3 sessions of 2.5 hours each
  • Troop committee members - 3 hours

He did make such a statement, that she was a recovering alcoholic and recently had a relapse. Several posters, here and in other places, accused him of trying to make her look bad and covering up his possible involvement.

In my opinion - when I hear him say 'she recently suffered a relapse this past week', I hear that exact phrase. It is very specific - and misleading.

In addition, in the audio interview link in a posting earlier he is specifically asked if she had had a drink in the past two years and he said 'NO'. He hesitated and then said no.

3/12 4:30pm to 3/13 6pm? That's a long class.

I suspect this calendar may not be accurate.

He claimed he was taking the other class. My daughter is a boy scout. Their leadership training is intense and thorough. I don't think this is inaccurate.

In my opinion - when I hear him say 'she recently suffered a relapse this past week', I hear that exact phrase. It is very specific - and misleading.

In addition, in the audio interview link in a posting earlier he is specifically asked if she had had a drink in the past two years and he said 'NO'. He hesitated and then said no.

I also remember him saying she hadn't had a drink in two years.

Maybe he forgot about the beer @ on the Gorge trip, since it was awhile ago.

But he remembered her "recent relapse" (didn't he say it was in the past week or two that she "relapsed"?) since it was fresh in his mind. Maybe to him, one beer wasn't a relapse (if he remembered the beer @ the Gorge). IDK.

All I know is that he said she hadn't had a drink in two years.

So where is Shantina? At this point I'm 80 percent sure she is in the water, 20 percent that she is not. According to Paul's forensic snippet above, once bodies start to decompose and gases form they rise to the surface, and this is when they begin floating facedown, like we usually imagine them to be/the movies portrays it. It's been almost a week now, you'd think Shantina would, for lack of a better word, be floating. And her body should be in the same area as Azriel's was found, right? Or could it have gone in a completely different direction? Anyone with info on this want to weigh in?

A child's body decomposes at a faster rate. I hate that I know this. I found out while searching during Aveion's disappearance.

He claimed he was taking the other class. My daughter is a boy scout. Their leadership training is intense and thorough. I don't think this is inaccurate.

You don't think a class that is listed as lasting for a continuous 25 1/2 hours is inaccurate?

My guess is that if the class was listed over a 2 day period, it ENDED on the first day, and resumed on the second day. Some calendar type things don't have the option to "end" a singular event one day, and "resume" it the next day. I don't know if that's how this one worked, but it's possible.

Excellent sluething. The first picture, I believe, was taken at the Handy Pantry at 7:55 PM?

According to a time line, 9:55 p.m. – Lt. Mealey says there is more surveillance video of Shantina stopping off at a local store on a rural county road. The store was closed, so she left. If the pic below that I snipped from a video is from that surveillance video, then the marks on the side of the van do not appear to be there at 9:55 PM. (I wish I could find a better shot of the actual video.)

The store where this video was taken appeared closed, and the occupants of the van did not appear to get out of the van. It looks like it just pulled up and then left.
That looks like mud or silt to me. Same color as what was on the front of the van and windshield.

Also, I don't know why this thread was closed, but I could venture a guess that it was under review for certain things. Possibly because of how a few posters are acting towards each other.

If you are posting, DO NOT attack or pick apart what another poster says. Do not act like your opinion is better than someone else's opinion, even if you think that they are missing the facts. Analyze the facts of the case, and say why you personally agree or disagree. Discuss opinions, but be RESPECTFUL! If you don't like what they say, ignore it!

I'm not a mod, so I can't really tell anyone what to do. And I don't know the real reason why the thread was closed. But if it wasn't closed because of this before, it will be soon if it keeps up. I would hate to see that, because aside from that, there is some great discussion going on here. So please stop.

You don't think a class that is listed as lasting for a continuous 25 1/2 hours is inaccurate?

No. It's a skills camp. If you look, it starts on Friday afternoon.

Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills will provide Boy Scout leaders with the basic outdoor skills information needed to start and guide a program the right way. Completion of this course is the required outdoor training for all Scoutmasters and assistant Scoutmasters. The skills taught are based on the outdoor skills found in The Boy Scout Handbook. The course is normally a day and a half long and conducted at a local scout camp on a weekend.

What he claimed to be attending:

BALOO - Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation for Cub Scout leaders is a one-day training event that introduces participants to the skills needed to plan and conduct Pack outdoor activities, particularly pack camping. This training is required for any adult who is in charge of planning a pack campout, and it is required that at least one adult per pack complete BALOO training in order to apply for tour permits. BALOO training is offered by individual districts.

http://www.boyscouttrail.com/adulttraining.asp

By the way, I didn't know girls could join boy scouts. Is that new?

(Serious question.)

This is from the boyscout website:

Once a volunteer has a solid overview of the scouting program, training for a specific Scouting position continues through Leader Specific training. This training provides the specialized knowledge a new leader needs to assume a leadership role. Because each course is designed for a specific leadership position, the training time varies. This training is classroom-led. Leader Specific training has been developed for the following positions and their assistants:
  • Tiger Cub den leaders - 2.5 hours
  • Cub Scout den leaders - 2.75 hours
  • Webelos den leaders - 3 hours
  • Cubmasters - 2.75 hours
  • Pack committee members - 2.75 hours
  • Scoutmasters - 3 sessions of 2.5 hours each
  • Troop committee members - 3 hours

The training he claimed to be attending was held 8 am to 4 pm. That explains why she called at 4:15 (if she really did; who knows what to believe at this point). She knew he'd be wrapping up his training session.

So why did he lie about this?

Any chances that the smudges on the car were not caused by a car accident, but from the water?

I am thinking that maybe the water was filthy, and the top layers show dirt as the water receded.

Just wondering.

:)

By the way, I didn't know girls could join boy scouts. Is that new?

(Serious question.)

No. :)

She worked in a regional camp for several summers. Everyone who worked there became a boy scout, and trust me... their training for adults is rigorous and thorough, and they must follow the national organization's protocol. The one session is an overnight thing held at a camp. The one Robb attended is a one day session.

She's not here at the moment. I'll ask her to clarify when she gets home.

He also said that she was 'back on the wagon' and would never drive while drinking, and would not put her son in harm's way - and the court records say otherwise. I understand that he wouldn't want to air her dirty laundry in public, but he was trying to negate what the evidence was pointing to.

(I don't want to add to his pain, but I think he did a disservice to the investigation by discounting the evidence that she was likely repeating past bad behaviour.)

I just found another link to RS's personal blog which talks about that trip to the Gorge. It talks about the pizza place where SS was drinking the beer. It talks about the winery they went to and how this place was in Castle Rock and is her stomping grounds.

I'm dumbfounded that he had the ball$ to say on national television that she hasn't had a drink in two years (as mentioned in the above link to his interview recently). You can tell his reply is slow with that. He totally lied.

I called KOMO 4 news and discussed this issue with them. Because this is not good. It's lying to America about a major tragedy. They said they already have the information.

Why is our media so slow to discuss this? Any thoughts? It's a huge story which really changes everything. What else has he lied about. His credibility is totally shot IMO.

Here is the RS's blog link:

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:UzrC6v5wK0IJ:robbsimmons.wordpress.com/2010/03/06/our-first-motophoto-trip-to-portland-the-gorge/+robbsimmons.wordpress.com&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Checking the cached page, cause I can't get the original.

One thing that I do have to say that I was not crazy about, was an upfront $25 dollar “incidentals” hold on Kat’s credit card, but it got refunded a few days after the trip.

Separate bank accounts, I'm taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members