WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have only one pic, and it looks ludicrous. I will see what I can do, but someone else should take it from there, poor Shantina deserves a better photoshop artist.....

My opinion - Shantina doesn't deserve to be photoshopped at all! There is NO indication she ever left the scene and now I wonder why anyone would want to change who she is or what she looked like! Sorry, but something about changing the looks of the deceased makes me cringe - must be that protective part of me at work again. Again, when there is little to sleuth, the mind wanders to the insignificant. MOO

My opinion - Shantina doesn't deserve to be photoshopped at all! There is NO indication she ever left the scene and now I wonder why anyone would want to change who she is or what she looked like! Sorry, but something about changing the looks of the deceased makes me cringe - must be that protective part of me at work again. Again, when there is little to sleuth, the mind wanders to the insignificant. MOO

There is also no indication that she didn't leave the scene. Right now, there's no indication of anything other than Azriel being deceased.

I share your opinion that Shantina most likely is in the water, and never made it off of the beach. But since we have no definitive proof either way, others should be allowed to have their opinions also.

ETA: The photos can always be removed if we get a definitive answer.

Yes, to tell you the truth, I photoshopped how she would look with a wig , longer hair and bangs, but it came out not looking well, and I feel I must not post for the sake of her dignity, and her family. : ( Made me feel sad to do it : (

And I agree, there is little left to sleuth, so the mind wanders all over the place. I am afraid I have become a bit Shantina and Azriel obsessed : (

I agree: It made me feel sad to do it ---:banghead::sick:

And I agree, there is little left to sleuth, so the mind wanders all over the place. I am afraid I have become a bit Shantina and Azriel obsessed : (

I totally understand. I became rather obsessed with Shaniya Davis. So bizarre and like with this case seeing the child on surveillance makes you feel as though you could just reach through your monitor and stop what's about to happen :( I swear I felt almost as though I needed grief counseling after they found her body. So SAD :(

This case is more of a "what on earth could she have been thinking" type thing, but I learned long ago there is no rhyme or reason with an alcoholic's actions. It's kind of like trying to figure out the meaning of a drug addled Jim Morrison's lyrics.

From the comment on the link elf69 posted, if true and it looks plausible, it appears as though Shantina has been fraught with ongoing problems for quite sometime.

JMO :twocents:

I totally understand. I became rather obsessed with Shaniya Davis. So bizarre and like with this case seeing the child on surveillance makes you feel as though you could just reach through your monitor and stop what's about to happen :( I swear I felt almost as though I needed grief counseling after they found her body. So SAD :(

This case is more of a "what on earth could she have been thinking" type thing, but I learned long ago there is no rhyme or reason with an alcoholic's actions. It's kind of like trying to figure out the meaning of a drug addled Jim Morrison's lyrics.

From the comment on the link elf69 posted, if true and it looks plausible, it appears as though Shantina has been fraught with ongoing problems for quite sometime.

JMO :twocents:
Thanks for sharing these thoughts, and yes, I felt as though I was grieving when Azriel washed up, and kept looking at the tapes to see him alive. Yes, sensitive people such as you and I and those here are going to let the emotions get draw in---yes, I keep wanting to rewrite the story, or somehow make it NOT be Shantina's fault. Irrational, I know...thanks once more.......

One more thing: In the Shaniya Davis case, you could have NO sympathy with the mother in any way: The child was the only victim, and the mother and all adults were monsters. But with this case, although I believe poor Azriel paid with his life and that NO child should have to, I cannot help having some sympathy with Shantina, and feel she did not know or want in any way such a horrific outcome.....just my own:twocents: also, tee hee :waitasec::(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487