WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her "puppyish son" must have been a poor translation of "her young son". Both silly and sad, at once.

Smiley's fiance Robb Simmons said the word of the boy's decease gave the house less desire for Smiley This is really garbled and insulting sounding......

Smiley's fiance Robb Simmons said the word of the boy's decease gave the house less desire for Smiley This is really garbled and insulting sounding......

Do you have a link for that statement. Thanks

Thought folks might find this interesting. Or may just BIZARRE:

http://www.aegee-nis.com/2010/03/search-for-missing-mom-shantina-smiley_19.html

Freak out: "The seek for a missing mom Shantina Smiley resumed today, a day after the body of her puppyish son was constitute clean up on a beach of General's Puget Safe...."
(just a snippet of the weirdness)
:eye::hypno::eek:fftopic:

Do you have a link for that statement. Thanks

I believe she is referring to and quoting from a very poorly translated blog about the case that was linked to one page back.

It is nonsensical; as others said it looks like it was run through a translation engine several times. Nothing in that link makes any sense.

"General's Puget Safe"? Come on.

I believe she is referring to and quoting from a very poorly translated blog about the case that was linked to one page back.

yeah. when i first read it i thought it was some lunatic being weird. turns out it is a bad translation. someone said it was probably put through a translator like babelfish. like some old article had been put through an online translator
:slap::bang::Banane48::couch::poke::eat::rolling: :drink: :sunshine: :spit::wave::sumo:

Yes, I would agree: A lesson not to trust an automatic translator!!

Maybe this is what people mean when they say - there is nothing left to sleuth - this link is irrelevant to anything in the case. MOO MHO
Well, it pertains to the case, and is about the case, but worded bizarrely due to having been run through an auto-translation software. But I know what you mean, it is as jumbled as the case now is. I am not the kind of person who usually gets obsessed with these kinds of stories. This one grabbed me, and I don't know why. I almost feel it is hard to say goodbye to Shantina and Azriel. I keep wanting some closure, some new shocking fact...

Well, it pertains to the case, and is about the case, but worded bizarrely due to having been run through an auto-translation software. But I know what you mean, it is as jumbled as the case now is. I am not the kind of person who usually gets obsessed with these kinds of stories. This one grabbed me, and I don't know why. I almost feel it is hard to say goodbye to Shantina and Azriel. I keep wanting some closure, some new shocking fact...
true true true
:boohoo: :princes: :sleuth: :hen: :dj: :no: :no: :no: :beamup: :flashbak: :coffeecup: :present: :lipssealed:

Back at ya eyes4crime. It's great to have someone with your knowledge on here as well. This is another very interesting case, I've been going back and reading more and more. It's interesting that in the beg. pages I had posted and asked if it was possible if there was a 3rd party that could be involved (ie another man) and got shot down, so I didn't think much more of it, seems like it could still be a possibility.

As for the body turning up, that's a lot of water and a lot of area where it could have surfaced and landed without having been found yet. Bodies disappear off the coast all the time never to be found again or end up on a beach somewhere along the way that is discovered for months and months because of the remote nature. She could still be submerged as cold water certainly slows things way down, she could be somewhere where she just hasn't been seen yet, so many variables. The dogs not indicating that she walked out from there certainly points to the water, but they could be wrong, it does happen.

Shantina's condition that night leaves me wondering if it could be more than just the drinking. She is an intelligent girl but spent hours trying to find her way and even though she got directions several times she still could not do it. From what I have seen in my life, if she was so drunk she wouldn't have spent that amount of time, she would have passed out or given up trying long before. And then there is the fact of her cell phone being left at home and no overnight bag.

Although she is young, could she have had a mini-stroke or maybe several that night or maybe even one before she left her house? I haven't seen much in-depth reporting on the interactions she had with people she met along the way. We know she stumbled and left one place without waiting for the food she ordered but how did she appear to those people? You would think if she was so drunk that those people would have commented as such and I didn't see that. I wonder about her detailed conversations with any of the people she met or talked with by phone calls that day...did she complain of problems with her eyesight, dizziness, headaches or anything like that?

BBM

Sometimes it is very hard to say 'goodbye' to a case - but you have to remember this case will be on WS forever, as will the threads and comments. It can and will be revived in a second when and if shantina washes up on shore.

Interesting isn't it - how sleuthing brings us into the personal lives of others, the bad and the good - most of which the person would never have shared with strangers. Often, it feels invasive, and I find myself very protective of the victims and family. This case, in particular, is very sad because addiction is a life time battle with a disease that never goes away. Just like cancer, it affects virtually everyone in the person's life. I find this case very tragic.

Back at ya eyes4crime. It's great to have someone with your knowledge on here as well. This is another very interesting case, I've been going back and reading more and more. It's interesting that in the beg. pages I had posted and asked if it was possible if there was a 3rd party that could be involved (ie another man) and got shot down, so I didn't think much more of it, seems like it could still be a possibility.

As for the body turning up, that's a lot of water and a lot of area where it could have surfaced and landed without having been found yet. Bodies disappear off the coast all the time never to be found again or end up on a beach somewhere along the way that is discovered for months and months because of the remote nature. She could still be submerged as cold water certainly slows things way down, she could be somewhere where she just hasn't been seen yet, so many variables. The dogs not indicating that she walked out from there certainly points to the water, but they could be wrong, it does happen.

Yes, and before Azriel was found, they were beginning to think it was not water related it all.
Over night, a neighbor on an adjoining rural road told authorities they heard something the night Smiley and her son disappeared.
"We heard banging on the side of the house," said Rachel Grimmer about the sounds outside her house at 1 a.m. Sunday Morning. "It just kind of startled us because no one is ever out here, never ever see anyone out here at night."
But the incident was significant to authorities. It happened three hours after Smiley and her son disappeared, and possibly, after the van went into the water.
"It tells us they did not wash out in Dana Passage, and this may not be water related at all," said Lt. Chris Mealy of the Thurston County Sheriff's Office.
The mother and son disappeared last weekend while on their way to Castle Rock. The only clue was their van was found partially submerged in Budd Inlet in Olympia. Police have looked at a trail of clues and a timeline, but the case has so far baffled authorities.http://www.nwcn.com/home/Fiance-Items-found-belonged-to-missing-woman-son-88432872.html

BBM

Sometimes it is very hard to say 'goodbye' to a case - but you have to remember this case will be on WS forever, as will the threads and comments. It can and will be revived in a second when and if shantina washes up on shore.

Interesting isn't it - how sleuthing brings us into the personal lives of others, the bad and the good - most of which the person would never have shared with strangers. Often, it feels invasive, and I find myself very protective of the victims and family. This case, in particular, is very sad because addiction is a life time battle with a disease that never goes away. Just like cancer, it affects virtually everyone in the person's life. I find this case very tragic.
Yes, thanks for these fine words!!!

BBM

You bring up a very good point. I love reading the old cases. However, it stinks that almost every link is no longer there yet they cannot be quoted in there entirety because of copyright laws. Sometimes the article is there but the pictures are gone. Frustrating! Sorry OT!

ETA: I'm just glad that Shantina was not transporting Boy Scouts and some unfortunate drinking related accident happened. She, in my opinion, had lost the battle with the bottle and was an accident waiting to happen. Poor little Azriel, I wish his mom could have gotten her life together. I notice she had pics of her wedding dress on her MySpace. She certainly appeared to be crazy about RS.

After being married to an on the wagon, off the wagon alcoholic for almost twenty years, I have to say, I think RS probably dodged a bullet. I wish Azriel could have done the same.

You bring up a very good point. I love reading the old cases. However, it stinks that almost every link is no longer there yet they cannot be quoted in there entirety because of copyright laws. Sometimes the article is there but the pictures are gone. Frustrating! Sorry OT!

That is very frustrating - the stories and pics are updated and no longer match what has been written!

There are cases I can't say 'goodbye' to and I am forever bumping, bumping them up to first page. There ar some 56 pages of cases on the missing and in my heart, I can't let go of a few - can't stand that they even get to page two. So for me, bump bump bump to bring them front and center is how I show my loyalty. :angel:

That is very frustrating - the stories and pics are updated and no longer match what has been written!

There are cases I can't say 'goodbye' to and I am forever bumping, bumping them up to first page. There ar some 56 pages of cases on the missing and in my heart, I can't let go of a few - can't stand that they even get to page two. So for me, bump bump bump to bring them front and center is how I show my loyalty. :angel:
That is a nice way to show your loyalty. :angel::dance:

*Sigh*. It does seem that there is nothing left to do with Shantina. All that remains is either : a. Her body is found, and the case is resolved as death by accidental drowning from high tide or b. Some shocking new piece of evidence makes the case turn in an entirely different direction. Until then, it seems quiet. Like the quiet of something fading away, or the calm before the storm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487