WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of flyers, and times they were made..

Why does the Sheriffs press release say for immediate release 3/15, but the file wasn't created until 3/22 (or is this an updated/new one?)

http://www.co.thurston.wa.us/sheriff/hp-docs/press-releases/press-release-20100315.pdf

Usually the phone number is the last thing in a notice like this; here we have "Photos of Santina, her son, and her Van are attached to this release"

I'm thinking it was edited on that date?

<<Now that Azriel&#8217;s body has been found, the Thurston County Sheriff&#8217;s Office&#8217;s predominate theory &#8212; though not the only one &#8212; is that Smiley never got off the beach and wound up in the water, too. There were no sightings, and bloodhounds didn&#8217;t pick up scents away from the beach.

Based on how far out on the beach the van was found, it arrived there when the tide was at its lowest point, Mealy said. The water rose and washed them away. How that happened, nobody&#8217;s sure.

&#8220;The current is ferocious there,&#8221; Mealy said. &#8220;It&#8217;s not inconceivable at night, if one is disoriented or not thinking clearly, to wind up getting swept away by the water.&#8221;>>

http://www.co.thurston.wa.us/sheriff...e-20100315.pdf

I think this is pretty much what happened.....it was pretty dark out there. The only thing that gets me is the knock on the garage at the Grimmer's house @ 1:00am. I wish they would elaborate more on that.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/apr/01/memorial-service-planned-for-shantina-smiley/

"The fiance of a missing Silverdale mother is holding out hope she&#8217;s still alive, and authorities still don&#8217;t have any leads on where she might be."

"The Pierce County Medical Examiner&#8217;s Office ruled that Carver died of an accidental drowning and found no signs of trauma. They are awaiting the results of a toxicology test."

<<Now that Azriel’s body has been found, the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office’s predominate theory — though not the only one — is that Smiley never got off the beach and wound up in the water, too. There were no sightings, and bloodhounds didn’t pick up scents away from the beach.

Based on how far out on the beach the van was found, it arrived there when the tide was at its lowest point, Mealy said. The water rose and washed them away. How that happened, nobody’s sure.

“The current is ferocious there,” Mealy said. “It’s not inconceivable at night, if one is disoriented or not thinking clearly, to wind up getting swept away by the water.”>>

http://www.co.thurston.wa.us/sheriff...e-20100315.pdf

I think this is pretty much what happened.....it was pretty dark out there. The only thing that gets me is the knock on the garage at the Grimmer's house @ 1:00am. I wish they would elaborate more on that.

Did you cut and paste that link from a previous posting, b/c it is NOT working & would so love it if we could get it so it works. thx

BeanE and others have talked about possibly a physical reason for her behaviour that night. I wondered when RS and SS met, because of this:

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?...ken=EEF18A85-30A6-45C8-9097D21358D6D312144005

I can't find anything definitive about when they met, the earliest photo I've found so far was in Oct '07. Could he have been talking about her in that post? If she did suffer from migraines, and she was stressed, that could very well be what was happening. Migraines can cause those symptoms (and more). That could also be why Azriel said his mommy hit her head--- he may well have interpreted "ow my head" as meaning she'd injured herself. If she did go down that dark road, she may have been looking for a dark place to curl up and ride out the headache.

HOW FING KREEPY IS THAT? you are kidding, right? something STINKS~! (followed the link) my humble OP: SICKO!

I'm very confused. What 'stinks' and is 'creepy' and 'sicko' about Shantina possibly having a history of migraine headaches?
To me it seems like he really cares for her and is trying to help her by suggesting she keep the journel to see what triggers the migranes.

The fiance of a missing Silverdale mother is holding out hope she’s still alive, and authorities still don’t have any leads on where she might be.

snip

“At this point I still have all the hope in the world that she will turn up alive, I cannot do anything else,” Smiley’s fiance Robb Simmons, wrote in an e-mail to the Kitsap Sun.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/apr/01/memorial-service-planned-for-shantina-smiley/

Poor Robb. He really loves her. Sounds like he's having an awful time accepting this. I hope he can find some closure and comfort soon.

does shantina have a life insurance policy? if so who is the beneficiary? and what abt az? and if shantina is a casualty then who is the second beneficiary? hmmm....

HOW FING KREEPY IS THAT? you are kidding, right? something STINKS~! (followed the link) my humble OP: SICKO!

It's not clear that they even knew each other at the time. But even if he wasn't talking about her, if she did suffer from migraines they can certainly cause some VERY odd (and scary) behaviour.

just some weird wording in a link above that i thought sounded creepy, sick, and weird.
not in the link but in some strange docs the link links you eventually to

Oh. I didn't look any further on that group.

To me it seems like he really cares for her and is trying to help her by suggesting she keep the journel to see what triggers the migranes.

OT a bit, but good luck with that. Mine aren't that frequent any more (uber stress at my last job triggered many of them, I'm sure), but for the most part I have no idea what triggers my migraines. It's more along the lines of "Oh hell here comes another one..."

course, someone who had CADMIUM posioning in his lifetime might ask you to keep a journal to discover if you were noticing or if it was detectable what sort of poison is causing your pain. does your headache coincide, for instance, w/ when you ate x, y, or z...or do you notice any correlation btw your headaches & when i cook, for example.

jump all over me for this opinion. i do not care. i wonder abt life insurance beneficiaries for either of the victims in this case. wonder wonder wonder aloud.

or could it be that you are offering this personal information abt your fiancé b/c you need a record of something that is otherwise BASE-LESS????

Hun that was posted in March of '07. I hesitated to post it at all, because it's not clear when they first met although they were living together within 6 months. The reason I did is because of the possibility she may have had a neuro event going on that night. His primary occupation is a welder; I would suspect that is where the cadmium poisoning came from? It's a risk, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xGothicBreenax