WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to get the link to work, so I'll have to ask you. The horoscopes can be set to automatically be sent to your FB page (daily, weekly, etc). For a time mine were not showing up in any regular pattern (I'd get it one day and then not for 4 days,etc even though it was supposed to populate daily). It is possible that this is the case here. If not then LE can get the records pulled and see where they are coming from.

The link doesn't work as that album has apparently just been taken down. Argh -- never mind -- it is still there but if you aren't a friend you can't view it. Sorry.

Police say 29-year-old Shantina Smiley borrowed her fiancee's minivan on Saturday. Late Sunday morning that vehicle was found partially submerged in Budd Inlet

This is from post 1, thread 1 on this case.

Please note that the van was RS's van, not his parents' van, and she "borrowed" it from him, not them.

moo

ETA;
I don't know how to double quote, but he says they gave "us" the van, but as you can see from post one, the van is "his."

I agree! The way I understand it is his parents gave them the van, to keep, as theirs, to use for trips, etc. Since it was given to them by his parents - RS considers it his. Shantina borrowed the van from RS to go to Castle Rock because it was in better condition than the other car and Az would be able to watch a movie in it. So RS owns the van - and Shantina borrowed it from him. MOO

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4263173&id=700181432

I posted this last night -- It is from my "friend's" face book page. I was just so excited to see a screen shot of SS FB page that I didn't really analyze it until the morning. As I was showing it to my husband, it dawned on me why it was posted. Some one posts on her wall on the 17th to be safe -- no big deal there -- I don't think. But the posts after that -- BIG DEAL. The posts are of her horoscope one is posted on March 18 -- 5 days after she disappeared the other is posted "2 hours ago" and the screen shot is taken on March 21. If that screen shot was taken on March 22 it would have said March 21. The only way to post your horoscope is to do so yourself!! It doesn't randomly post -- if it did there would be one for everyday. I believe she is alive and may have been running from somebody and is being protected. Just my opinion!! Wish I could post more of my theories but I know that I can't sleuth "innocent" people.

If she was alive, and trying to hide this fact from RS, LE, her family, etc., I'm not sure why she'd be posting to her FB account. That would seem to defeat the purpose... :cow:

Hi I finally sorta caught up with you all, been following this in the news.

Question about the wine, once an alcoholic opens that bottle; don't they have a tendency to finish what they started? (This is an honest question not nasty comment)

I am having a hard time believing SS did this to her son.

There's a huge variation in alcoholic drinking habits. The alcoholics I know didn't conform to this stereotype; wine was left in bottles, beer in the fridge, JD in the bottle and money in the wallet when they left the bar.

I don't think she set out to harm Azriel but I do think she made the decision to drink that day and both suffered the consequences.

Going back to the migraines...

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?...ken=EEF18A85-30A6-45C8-9097D21358D6D312144005

I know there are many things that trigger migraines, some could be aneurisms, high blood pressure, a defective blood vessel in the brain that could eventually rupture into a stroke, etc...

I wasn't aware that hers were that bad. But migraines COULD account for some of her behavior that night.

IMO

She should've gone to a doctor, in my opinion, I wonder if she did. This home diagnosing thing doesn't sound safe.

Again, my opinion only.
:)

Are we sure RS is talking about Shantina in these posts about the migraines? I notice in the above quote he only says "my girlfriend" and if he and Shantina had been together, as noted, for two and a half years as of when she disappeared, then that would mean they met sometime during the summer of 2007. The above post about the migraines is dated March 2007.

Could he be talking about an ex-girlfriend, not Shantina? Does he mention Shantina by name at all when talking about the migraines?

I posted this last night -- It is from my "friend's" face book page. I was just so excited to see a screen shot of SS FB page that I didn't really analyze it until the morning. As I was showing it to my husband, it dawned on me why it was posted. Some one posts on her wall on the 17th to be safe -- no big deal there -- I don't think. But the posts after that -- BIG DEAL. The posts are of her horoscope one is posted on March 18 -- 5 days after she disappeared the other is posted "2 hours ago" and the screen shot is taken on March 21. If that screen shot was taken on March 22 it would have said March 21. The only way to post your horoscope is to do so yourself!! It doesn't randomly post -- if it did there would be one for everyday. I believe she is alive and may have been running from somebody and is being protected. Just my opinion!! Wish I could post more of my theories but I know that I can't sleuth "innocent" people.

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Are we sure RS is talking about Shantina in these posts about the migraines? I notice in the above quote he only says "my girlfriend" and if he and Shantina had been together, as noted, for two and a half years as of when she disappeared, then that would mean they met sometime during the summer of 2007. The above post about the migraines is dated March 2007.

Could he be talking about an ex-girlfriend, not Shantina? Does he mention Shantina by name at all when talking about the migraines?

BBM

That is a very good point especially since it says she (the gf) is moving out, I know I read Shantina moved to Silverdale to be near him and they have been engaged for 2 of the 2 1/2 years they have been together.

Law Enforcement officials in Thurston County say they have no further leads in the case. They are open to possibilities, but are working on the assumption that Smiley and her child were parked in the van at low tide along the shore, fell asleep, and were later surprised and swept away in the high tide while attempting to exit the vehicle. This was confirmed by Lt. Chris Mealy, spokesman for the investigation headed by Thurston County's Sheriff's Office.

<snip>

That's upsetting. My gut tells me someone is getting away with murder.

That's upsetting. My gut tells me someone is getting away with murder.
I think they will work on the basic assumption set forth by Lt. Mealy after March 18 (when Azriel washed ashore) until such time as (when/IF) new information may surface, including SS herself.

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

You have to be his "friend" to view those photos. Someone did suggest via the comment section for those photos that they should be turned over to the LE.

Apparently, in my excitement to find a new tid bit of information, I didn't realize that you can set the daily horoscopes to automatically post to your site. Further, investigation though, I did find that she friended this person approx. 1 week prior. This person who has these screen snapshots of SS is an editor of a newspaper. Just seems weird -- IMO. Some comments were to the effect of wondering if she sought this individual out (the editor) purposely implying that maybe she planned all of this. BTW -- this person is also a true crime author. I also don't believe that she ever had any intention of going to her step-father's house that evening based on other posts that I have discovered but can't quote as that person is not a POI. So if you do your own searching through FB you can probably discover what I have discovered. And, it may be nothing. If it is something, then I am sure the LE has investigated. Although, I do still believe that she is alive and if not, then a "perfect" crime was committed. IMO

You have to be his "friend" to view those photos. Someone did suggest via the comment section for those photos that they should be turned over to the LE.

Apparently, in my excitement to find a new tid bit of information, I didn't realize that you can set the daily horoscopes to automatically post to your site. Further, investigation though, I did find that she friended this person approx. 1 week prior. This person who has these screen snapshots of SS is an editor of a newspaper. Just seems weird -- IMO. Some comments were to the effect of wondering if she sought this individual out (the editor) purposely implying that maybe she planned all of this. BTW -- this person is also a true crime author. I also don't believe that she ever had any intention of going to her step-father's house that evening based on other posts that I have discovered but can't quote as that person is not a POI. So if you do your own searching through FB you can probably discover what I have discovered. And, it may be nothing. If it is something, then I am sure the LE has investigated. Although, I do still believe that she is alive and if not, then a "perfect" crime was committed. IMO

What newspaper is this person an editor of?

Interesting.... Are you saying your fb friend has screen shots of Shantina's fb page in his photo section? And these screen shots show something peculiar? Are the comments and posts you are referring to in regard to those screen shots? I found the Kitsap Sun editor you are referring to, but there is nothing I can find without him accepting a friend request from me - which I don't think I want to do.

There's a chance he's talking about Shantina, but I think it's more likely that's his ex-girlfriend, and he got together with Shantina after that time.

There's a chance he's talking about Shantina, but I think it's more likely that's his ex-girlfriend, and he got together with Shantina after that time.

I agree.

Actually, this is incorrect. I have a Facebook page & when you sign up for an application, it asks for authorizations to do automatic posts. I have been on vacation for the past seven days & my horoscope posted every day.

Please don't post about what you can't post about. If you can't post about it, don't post it at all.

Thanks!
BeanE

Can we post asking what a poster is trying to post about a post?

There's a huge variation in alcoholic drinking habits. The alcoholics I know didn't conform to this stereotype; wine was left in bottles, beer in the fridge, JD in the bottle and money in the wallet when they left the bar.

I don't think she set out to harm Azriel but I do think she made the decision to drink that day and both suffered the consequences.

Thank you. The couple heavy drinking alcoholics I have been exposed to, one continued drinking until every thing was gone or he passed out - if he was still sober enough to speak when it was gone, he would talk someone into getting more.

The other one house sat for me for a couple weeks, what little booze that was in the house was gone, as was the Ni-quil, baby teething stuff (back a few years ago, when it's first ingredient was alcohol) mouthwash, vanilla extract and chocolate extract and a bottle of cooking sherry that was so nasty I wouldn't even use it for cooking....

That's all of my years of experience with people who may have needed the booze bad enough to drink while on the road.

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2010/03/shantina_smiley_and_son_azriel.php

This info was on Michelle Sigona's site as given to her by Lt. Chris Mealey

Smiley left Silverdale with Azriel at 5 p.m. About an hour and a half later, she called her fiancee Robb Simmons to ask if he could bring the cell phone she'd forgotten at home. She also said Azriel was hungry, and that she'd be pulling off I-5 to get some food.

Does Rob know where she was when she called to say she was stopping to feed AZ? If she left Silverdale as the 4:30 phone call implied she should have been almost to her destination as Google maps had the drive time being 2 hrs 7 minutes. What did she call him "with" when she was going to "she'd be pulling off I-5 to get some food."

Why would she call asking him to bring her phone when he said he was leaving straight from training and was meeting her on on the road...

In the video of her buying the wine - she looks normal to me, she is walking up right, smiling and chatting - as AZ and SS walk away the clerk is smiling as she turns from the counter. (her bff said she thought she had been drinking all day at this point.) I'm not seeing it...

Was this supposed to be her last stop until arriving at her step-father's? Was she buying the wine as a gift for the parents? AZ doesn't look upset by the purchase...

I'm not trying to bad mouth anyone or point any fingers, I can only go on what I can see with my own 2 eyes... They left Handy Pantry Food Store, 5 minutes later they are at Safeway looking at a map for a HWY that is a stones throw behind her and would merge with the I-5 in a matter of minutes.

The mileage between the 2 places was 2 miles. The 5 minute time span is appropriate - but the next stop is The Martin Way Diner 2423 4th Avenue East - 3.7 mi – about 10 mins but takes an hour ?

Could she have been slipped a mickey while they ate? It kicks in as they are pulling out from the Handy Pantry - or she begins having an "event" she is feeling dizzy stops to get directions as she suddenly feels "off" gets back in the car taking an hour before being seen at Martin Way Diner? If she slammed the wine at this point wouldn't the Safeway employee smell it? By the time she is at the Diner she is acting noticeably off...

http://www.michellesigona.com/2010/03/shantina-smiley-still-missing-remembering-azriel/

video evidence of visits to gas stations near Olympia.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/mar/20/david-nelson-from-the-editors-desk-sometimes/

Is this statement referencing the Safeway and Handy Pantry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exam_Dumps