WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize, I'm trying to read everything/keep up but reading another site, it mentions that JS (her ex) said that Shantina said in an email she was going to Castle Rock and wanted to stop by.

This is the first I remember hearing that..

Video here = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSyx90p1xzE

comments at approx 50 seconds in.

Also not related, but the blog entry or whatever about RS stating he was leaving his cub scout meeting at 6:30, and then actually leaving at 4:30. Did he ever actually say that in an interview, or is it just something he typed. ( I apologized, I didn't watch all the videos) Because if you notice his typing sounds very frazzled and makes a lot of typos. I wonder if he didn't mean to say 4:30 all along, and instead typed 6:30.

I had Cub Scout Training that was planned to finish at 6:30

Shantina called me twice around 4:15 to let me know she was heading out. I asked her grab my phone charger, since my phone was near dead.

My training wrapped up at 4:30

Here is a picture from a video showing some of the things found in the van. I see a lighter - does she smoke? Does RS? What is the metal looking thing next to the lighter?
the metal thing looks like a tire pressure gage to me....

the metal thing looks like a tire pressure gage to me....

Not that metal thing. There is a tire gauge in the picture and a battery and a remote (maybe for the dvd player) - I am referring to the metal looking thing to the right of the yellow lighter. It looks like it has a hole or puncture in it. Looks like a canister of some kind.

Here is a picture from a video showing some of the things found in the van. I see a lighter - does she smoke? Does RS? What is the metal looking thing next to the lighter?

Is that all they found in the van? Geez, what they would find in my car would cover that table & then some, lol.

Good questions, but I have no idea if either smoked or what that is.

Also not related, but the blog entry or whatever about RS stating he was leaving his cub scout meeting at 6:30, and then actually leaving at 4:30. Did he ever actually say that in an interview, or is it just something he typed. ( I apologized, I didn't watch all the videos) Because if you notice his typing sounds very frazzled and makes a lot of typos. I wonder if he didn't mean to say 4:30 all along, and instead typed 6:30.

I think he meant 4:30pm, not 6:30pm, because when she called at 6:45pm, he already was in Toledo-Vader... or so he says. If he had gotten off at 6:30pm, he couldn't have been that close to Castle Rock in 15 minutes.

It's kinda funny, if you think about it. Here she's leaving by herself and her son at 5:00pm because his training is supposed to be off at 6:30pm. Yet, he gets off at 4:30pm and gets a 30 minutes head start... which works out pretty well, cause it gave him time for a stop to fix his bike.

:)
;)

Not that metal thing. There is a tire gauge in the picture and a battery and a remote (maybe for the dvd player) - I am referring to the metal looking thing to the right of the yellow lighter. It looks like it has a hole or puncture in it. Looks like a canister of some kind.
oh...oops...that look like a homemade pipe to me, I dont think a lipstick mace would have a hole in it....jmo

Is that all they found in the van? Geez, what they would find in my car would cover that table & then some, lol.

Good questions, but I have no idea if either smoked or what that is.

No, they found coloring books and her wallet too. I have A LOT of stuff in my car too.

I hadn't read that she also had a history with drugs:

"Jerry and Shantina were high school sweethearts at Castle Rock High School in the late 1990s. They were married for about six years. They got divorced but have stayed friendly with each other.

He said he got a message from her a couple of days before she headed back to Castle Rock. She told him about getting engaged and he said it sounded like all the troubles of her past - the drugs and alcohol use - were under control."

http://www.katu.com/news/88295182.html

If true, I'm curious about what drugs she had been previously known to use. Based on her behavior that night my first thought was meth.

If she previously did drugs, as suggested by JS's comment, and this canister thing found in the van is some kind of drug paraphernalia - then could she have been looking to score some drugs that night? Hmmm.

The remote looks just like the one for my husbands Serious Satelite Radio. Were we questioning a contraption on the dash a while back too, we thought maybe it was a GPS??? I now am pretty sure it was a satelite radio. I too think that the contraption with the punchture hole looks like a "custom" made pipe of some sort.

Shantina's ex bf CBW who lives in Castle Rock and was charged with assaulting Az in 2005 - he last signed on myspace on 3/16/10 (3 days after Shantina disappeared) and his mood says accomplished.
http://www.myspace.com/426474509

I am posting this because some are thinking JS is the one who abused Az - when the protection order and case were against CBW.

attachment.php

Thanks for the pic Jules71. I just wanted to get a better look at the pic. Do you have the link so I can add it to my post. Thanks

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22859850/detail.html

According to Shantina's myspace blog, she met RS through myspace. Does anyone know when they met? I see they were living together in November of '07.

ETA: I found something that may be relevant, but I need to try to get an idea of when they met online and in person, if possible.

I don't know where they met, but if they were living together in Nov 07, she would not have had Az in her custody at that time.

I think she did smoke - her teeth are very yellow.

I don't smoke and my teeth are yellow. I believe it can be heredity - I have also heard a lot of antibiotics when you are younger can cause yellowing of the teeth (which I think is my case).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor